Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

[...] Did anybody search for the system “about 15 ly back” according to the log where it was supposedly infected by a killer computer virus. [...]

If I remember correctly there were a lot of CMDRs searching for hints, backstory and so on almost two years ago when the Thetis and the other generation ships were found.
And there were a lot of threads with this topic, I've bookmarked only two of them:
The (no longer) Missing - Rediscovered Generation Ships
Generation Ship Thetis found
Don't have enough time to dig through them. Maybe you can find something.

My clone Tyko was just trundling along on the way to do some min8ng to befriend Selene Jean, scanned a system and found abandoned generation ship Thetis. I know it was first found a while ago, but first time here for me. Did anybody search for the system “about 15 ly back” according to the log where it was supposedly infected by a killer computer virus. Sounds like some hostile AI to me; just wondering if anyone went searching. 15ly ain’t far.
I had a quick look at a couple of candidate systems a month or two ago, but no results. It’d probably benefit from a more exhaustive search now there’s the new exploration tools, but ultimately there might still be nothing to find. The issue with the 15ly is we don’t know where the Theits was when the recordings were made or what it’s direction of travel was and it’s that unknown position and direction that the 15ly is relative to. Not that big a deal of course, it just means the search has to be a lot bigger.

I had a quick look at a couple of candidate systems a month or two ago, but no results. It’d probably benefit from a more exhaustive search now there’s the new exploration tools, but ultimately there might still be nothing to find. The issue with the 15ly is we don’t know where the Theits was when the recordings were made or what it’s direction of travel was and it’s that unknown position and direction that the 15ly is relative to. Not that big a deal of course, it just means the search has to be a lot bigger.

I thought all the generation ships launched from Sol; may be wrong, don’t have any justification for that.
so ~15ly back towards Sol from Nefertem? Though guess it’s possible she continued on her journey after everyone was dead...

Its been a while, but I have been conducting a highly scientific and exhaustive research binge of the seedier bits of Arexe....I recently ended up in a dive aptly named the Furry Rodent.

After sidling up to a rather attractive furry, we got to talking about raxxla… as one does. I was interested in the so called toast of the dark wheel, but she liked crystals and was telling me about how there was a spiritual side of the dark wheel and they seemed to believe in chakras and that the galaxy was a mandala of hidden power centers…

A few evil juices later we were discussing the omphalos rift, and well she started talking about the union of the sacred male and female… we left soon after that. We did scribble some stuff on a napkin… though I cant make much of it now.

mSMdKLw.jpg

Its been a while, but I have been conducting a highly scientific and exhaustive research binge of the seedier bits of Arexe....I recently ended up in a dive aptly named the Furry Rodent.

After sidling up to a rather attractive furry, we got to talking about raxxla… as one does. I was interested in the so called toast of the dark wheel, but she liked crystals and was telling me about how there was a spiritual side of the dark wheel and they seemed to believe in chakras and that the galaxy was a mandala of hidden power centers…

A few evil juices later we were discussing the omphalos rift, and well she started talking about the union of the sacred male and female… we left soon after that. We did scribble some stuff on a napkin… though I cant make much of it now.

Drop by the Raxxla thread some time sim.

That's where most madness happens these days.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/168253-The-Quest-To-Find-Raxxla

Beautiful handwriting. I cannot read mine.

Researching currently connection between Thargoids, Irish runes and goddess Inanna.
Nothing conclusive till now.

So, an intact cryo-pod got found underground at a Far God base...

“The FIA survey team had been scanning the abandoned base on Etain 4 c with customised military sensors. It’s thought this operation is part of a search for a missing undercover agent who infiltrated the Far God cult.”
“A faint power source was detected in a collapsed underground chamber, which led agents to a solitary cryogenic pod hidden beneath tons of debris. Once excavated, it was conveyed to a medical facility where efforts to safely revive its occupant are now underway.”
“There was no way of identifying who is inside the pod. But it seems likely that they are one of the adherents who recorded audio logs at the site, prior to entering suspended animation to await the Far God.”

Would've been nicer if that was something that could've been player-found.

I would sugest that ppl start paying more attention to the area around the bubble, there are things out there... Interesting and undiscovered so far...

I have had run ins with thargoids every single time i go or pass near a certain region, and the signals, alien liveforms and weird space phenomenas, there is plenty that way...
Im gonna dedicate my next few weeks to seek that side of the galaxy and see what i come up with.
(atm taking a break to work on the federal rank, but once i get back there ill open a post about what i found so far and what i am doing, wont say where and how so others wont go and spoil the fun for me)

Thargoids i bet are just the tip of the iceberg, there is the guardian AI still out there, most likely active, and they can make an appearance, also the narrative as somewhat opened up, and we are now getting more stations out in the void that enables us to go further and explore areas that we dint touch before.

And they are coming! :)

I would sugest that ppl start paying more attention to the area around the bubble, there are things out there... Interesting and undiscovered so far...

I have had run ins with thargoids every single time i go or pass near a certain region, and the signals, alien liveforms and weird space phenomenas, there is plenty that way...
Im gonna dedicate my next few weeks to seek that side of the galaxy and see what i come up with.
(atm taking a break to work on the federal rank, but once i get back there ill open a post about what i found so far and what i am doing, wont say where and how so others wont go and spoil the fun for me)

Thargoids i bet are just the tip of the iceberg, there is the guardian AI still out there, most likely active, and they can make an appearance, also the narrative as somewhat opened up, and we are now getting more stations out in the void that enables us to go further and explore areas that we dint touch before.

And they are coming! :)
Hey cmdr, just cross referencing this post with your post in the Raxxla thread. If by areas around the bubble, and ‘certain region’ you’re referring to the Pleiades and the area around that, then it’s probably the wrong thread to suggest people pay attention to it, being as the people on this thread have been paying attention to that area for a very long time! :) Nevertheless, If that’s what you are talking about, then glad you found that stuff, and welcome to that side of things!

If you’re talking about somewhere else, then looking forward to hearing more about it!

Yeah, though difficult to see how it could have been anything other than 'first to the base finds it'. (Though I've not given a lot of thought to how it could be done, I must admit.)

As an aside, it does set the tone for there being limits to what our scanners can detect, which makes things interesting.

I agree, it's such a shame. That person could have been transported to Archambault Terminal, and made pure positively charged radiation, free of all decay. Even the painful process of cryopreservation revival could have been omitted, as that would not have made difference in the electromagnetic spectrum. When the fusion core containment field is detonated inside a holy polyhedron with 8 triangular faces this world will change. The enlightened wave-function quantum tunneled inside this sacred solid of global isometry will bring an egg-image of beginning days.

I agree, it's such a shame. That person could have been transported to Archambault Terminal, and made pure positively charged radiation, free of all decay. Even the painful process of cryopreservation revival could have been omitted, as that would not have made difference in the electromagnetic spectrum. When the fusion core containment field is detonated inside a holy polyhedron with 8 triangular faces this world will change. The enlightened wave-function quantum tunneled inside this sacred solid of global isometry will bring an egg-image of beginning days.
Something something something Tothos?

Yeah, though difficult to see how it could have been anything other than 'first to the base finds it'. (Though I've not given a lot of thought to how it could be done, I must admit.)

As an aside, it does set the tone for there being limits to what our scanners can detect, which makes things interesting.
I mentioned this elsewhere... but it could've been tied in to the tip-off system very easily.
  • Run missions like usual, get a tip off like usual. Random chance for one of them to be a message about "A secure bunker found at some old League of Reparation base. We found the access key, but no means to go check it out. Here's where you come in.... System X, Planet Y, Coords Z". This is just like the usual tip-off missions.
  • Get to the base, and find a "Bunker access terminal" (just like all the other bases). Akin to how tip-offs usually work[1], there's a bunker access terminal which only responds to a data link scan if you've received the tip-off. If you do that, it opens up a bunker door[2].
  • Inside is the cryo-pod. Scooping it up triggers a mission[3] to return it to a station for a reward.
  • Complete the mission, logs the commander and station, FDev then cack up a Galnet about it.

Of course, there's problems with synchronosity with players in solo/open/etc... but FD have never got this right (logoffski games for meta-alloy farming anyone?), and this'd be a damn sight better than just having a story play out in galnet.

[1] Tip-offs send you to semi-permanent (they exist outside of your play session, and can be discovered without having received a tip-off, though they do disappear after a month or two) points of interest which require you to scan a data core. If you haven't received the appropriate tip-off, you'll get a very small reward for doing so, with the data core "still being encrypted". If you have the appropriate tip-off message, it "provides the access key" which gives the full reward amount (usually a couple million). This is the lock to ensure the "first person" doesn't necessarily get the pod.

[2] Opening doors/barriers is already a function for most planetary bases, so the mechanics exist.

[3] Some missions used to trigger when picking up random salvage, to return said salvage to a station. They seem to have been removed... but the mechanics existed at some point.

Dont know if it is mentioned, but the Thargoids have only attacked stations in K,F,G,M systems,
when you look at the Thargoid star map you see also only this type systems,
Maybe they are only capable of detecting this kind systems

The goids also attack non KGFM systems. Here is a non-complete list:

Titan's daughter in Taygeta has been attacked. It is a B system.
Artemis Lodge in Celaeno has been attacked. It is a B system.
Obsidian Orbital in Maia - B class system.
Asterope - B
Atlas - B
Electra - B
HIP 17892 - B
Merope - B

HIP 17694 - Hudson Observatory - A class system

Would it be fair to say KGBFOAM is a potential candidate category? I know O isn't on the above list... but just thoerycrafting a potentially logical group?

Would it be fair to say KGBFOAM is a potential candidate category? I know O isn't on the above list... but just thoerycrafting a potentially logical group?

I thinking also of this but wait on confirmation with new systems added to the incursion, maybe it have something to do with their biological lifeform that the brightness of a star they can detect yes or not

Top Bottom