Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Since this is the Tinfoil Hattery thread
I noticed this weekend I got what seemed like a Grammarly Ad at the beginning and end of each Youtube video I watched.
And I wondered to myself, I wouldn't like to use it as at what point does the voice cease to be my own when tweaked with the Grammarly App
I then wondered if such though might relate to the "back to nature" Guardians who rejected the implants and direct connection to the Guardian Network and so was their objections at first less about being Ludites and back to nature religious fanatics and more at least at first about worries about losing ones identity and individuality subtle by AI smoothing of language and art and expression and culture, with a fear of the AI or writers there of shaping society to their vision only to then become what they fought against as they then sought to impose their views on all Guardian Society as it is by its nature more communal but also more monolithic not tolerating division like humanity does

Culture 3: This data holds more details about the Guardians culture, specifically spiritual matters. This spiritual awareness sustained them through most of their history, but did not evolve into a formal religion. It was not until the development of machine intelligence, during the most rapid era of their development, that any sort of organized religion emerged. I speculate that this technological singularity alienated much of the population, who responded by rejecting this technology.

Culture 4: This data holds more details about the Guardians culture. The tipping point that gave rise to organized religion amongst the Guardians doesn’t appear to have been the creation of thinking machines, but other technological developments – in particular a kind of implant that interfaced with the brain. Up to this point, biological enhancement and repair had utilized only organic-based systems, so this sudden change frightened many.

Culture 5: This is very interesting, very interesting indeed. This data holds more details about the Guardians culture. There was an anti-technology movement that rejected not only specific developments, but also inventions such as virtual reality. The loose customs associated with their affinity for nature formed the basis for a new belief system. It evolved rapidly – almost as quickly as the technological advancements produced by the scientists and machine intelligences. It’s interesting to note the parallels with human-made sentient technology, and how its development threatened humanity during the golden age of technological advancement. The growth of this new religion divided the population, and conflict soon erupted.

Culture 6: This data holds some shocking revelations. it talks about the religion that emerged towards the end of the guardians civilization and I wont lie it has shocked me. While religion remains a feature of human society, unless you live in one of the more extreme theocracies, its generally a matter of personal faith rather than a generally accepted consequence of the human condition. I know some of my fellow researchers would disagree with me. but it is generally assumed that religious beliefs tends to reduce to potency as scientific understanding grows in the case of the guardians, the opposite holds true, it truly divided them.

Unrelated thoughts (lost my tinfoil hat, so can't focus atm):

By populating the Witch Head Nebula we definitly are getting closer to Col70 sector.​

Will we find some secret Wreaken Corp facilieties shortly?​

Will Proff Palin have some new creative output stimulated by Arques Charis Orchids?​

Unrelated thoughts (lost my tinfoil hat, so can't focus atm):

By populating the Witch Head Nebula we definitly are getting closer to Col70 sector.​

Will we find some secret Wreaken Corp facilieties shortly?​
FWIW... unlike Overlook in HIP 22460, which definitely exists, if you pledge your squadron to Wreaken Construction, there's no evidence of facilities in Col 70. So if that's the plan, they aren't actually there yet.

FWIW... unlike Overlook in HIP 22460, which definitely exists, if you pledge your squadron to Wreaken Construction, there's no evidence of facilities in Col 70. So if that's the plan, they aren't actually there yet.
Maybe they use some phantom company for theire more shadowy projects. I am taking the opportunity to take a look around the witch head, whilst being there. One never knows...

I’ve come to the conclusion that my original perception that ED was a new form of multimedia game of intertwined storylines expressed in books, galnet and game was a delusion. Instead the books and galnet posts appear to be providing only superficial colour with little support in game. The gaps between the Premonition storyline and in-game resources (deployed beacons, terraforming gear) and no way to follow the Club story into the game, the lack of hinted “things” in Formidine Rift, the lack of any follow-through on thargoid technology mysteries (UA/UP pointing behaviour etc) have all disappointed me. i’m not surprised when you say there are no indications of Wreaken within Col70, we only have that from Premonition...

Anyone been to visit the new Witchhead Neb engineer?
From the blurb as an apprentice of Palin I thought she was going to offer drive tunings, but in the invitation message I got she’s talking of jump range.

What is the connection between the Col 70 permit locks and Jasmina Halsey?
Nothing that's represented or observable in-game. The only things connected to Col 70 are:

Halsey's visions were supposed to lead to the Guardians, but they were found by meta-gaming

I wonder if Wreaken Construction were operating facilities in Col 70 Sector was originally a Guardian exploration expedition before the Thargoids arrived

Last edited:
Top Bottom