Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Can somebody crack the Victoria's Song for me? Why in the heavens would she state they're in orbit above planet A 7 A, when the Scout Crashsite is clearly on A 3 A. A bungle that big? I just can't see it. Maybe if it was text only, but voiceover?

Also, Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63? Might have to make it my next destination after I comb A 7

I think you will find planet A 7 A in Aries Dark Region DB-X d1-63

Victoia's song has moved since the attack:) iirc

Last edited:
[role play on]

System:
Hyades sector AQ-Y d81The Canonn Research Megaship, the Gnosis, had arrived to the system just less than 48 hours before. All the independent pilots that had docked with it to go along the ride had long time ago departed, starting their own research on the Thargoids and other mysteries present in the Pleiades. The traffic through the station soon became quite heavy, but nothing that the megaship was unable to handle.

"Delacy Mike, Viktor, Oscar, its good to see you again, Commander. Please request docking on your approach and be wary of..."
"Canonn megaship Gnosis, this is commander Volgrand requesting emergency dock."
"Understood, proceed to docking bay 8. Status report."
"Corrosive hull damage, its eating my ship apart! Prepare to receive me, I have important cargo for the Institute!"

In a matter of minutes the repair drones were in the docking port. Volgrand's ship, a Cobra MKIII almost crash-docked into the bay, securing the magnetic clamps immediatly. The bots did their job flawlessly, using a chemical compound to neutralize the Thargoid corrosive products and starting repairs. The orange cobra MKIII, "Radiance", had obviously sustained heavy damage during a very long engagement, but once again had proven its value surviving impossible odds.

Once the ship was clean, tthe docking bay descended into the megaship's inerior bay, allowing Volgrand to finally step out of his ship. The Commander had a few hits and bruises in he face, but despite that he seemed in good health, but very tired. As he secured his mag boots in the Gnosis "floor" (an interesting concept in space), he opened the holographic projector from his Remlock Suit's arm, where a woman's face appeared.

"Thank you very much, control".
"What have you been doing, cmdr?"
"Inform the science team to prepare the secure laboratories, I brought something for them."
"What is it, commander?"

As he was saying that, a limpet drone from the Gnosis went to the "Radiance"'s cargo bay, slowly pulling a very large biological object. Issuing few orders with the projector, the drone moved the Thargoid Heart into a metal box that was nearby.

"I've got them a Thargoid Heart."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[/Role play off]

Alright, scientists, I've got a Thargoid Heart! What tests shall we do?

Last edited:
[role play on]

System:
Hyades sector AQ-Y d81The Canonn R...

"Delacy Mike, Viktor, Oscar, its good to see you again, Commander. Please request docking on your approach and be wary of..."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[/Role play off]

Alright, scientists, I've got a Thargoid Heart! What tests shall we do?[/QUOT

You deluded fool.......if you really want the Thargoids "True Love" you need all four

*****wanders off singing " for love i'll give my heart to you, but then i'll have none and you'll have two...."****

Last edited:
[role play on]

System:
Hyades sector AQ-Y d81The Canonn R...

[/Role play off]

Alright, scientists, I've got a Thargoid Heart! What tests shall we do?[/QUOT

You deluded fool.......if you really want the Thargoids "True Love" you need all four

*****wanders off singing " for love i'll give my heart to you, but then i'll have none and you'll have two...."****

Haha I was busy enough killing one to actually stop collecting all four. Plus, I don't have corrosive resistant cargo racks.

New Megaship Discovered

Demeter Class Agricultural Vessel DGL-436 in system Olgrea orbiting body c 7. I've checked the Canonn Wiki and found nothing, so I guess this one's mine :D

pnoNCk8.jpg

Here it is.

GG52de1.jpg

And again.

wbe7pKt.jpg

Close-up of the cultivation domes.

Last edited:
I have something interesting for you all!
I was test flying my new Dropship about 10 mins ago, Got into a fight with a wanted asp at one point both of us ended up facing each other when it feel't like my ship got "rammed" or knocked around I also got the hazardous Substance detected warning and Internal damage warning as this happened
Most of my modules went down to around 70%, Wanna know the weird thing? While i was regaining control from the bumpyness I also noticed the asp had been Knocked back and was struggling back to position its self almost as if something went off in-between our ships, mind you this is in a RES in the bubble I didnt have time to check if the asp got internal damage sadly

But the damage my modules received was the same as my anaconda got when it got hit by thargon swarms....Also adding on the knock-back experienced was hard enough that it took about 3 seconds to recover control(longer for the asp) Not sure what it is but its similar to the Reddit Cmdr who got pulled out of SC and got the same warnings(Except he was 5k away from the bubble)
EDIT: just encase anyone was wondering the fight was also pretty high above the site so it wasn't a asteroid hitting us

Is that really happend? Any screenshots or clips?

o7

Is that really happend? Any screenshots or clips?

o7
I wish i could have taken a screenshot at the time(Was too shocked at the time cause it really did a number to my ship) it hasn't happened since but i haven't been been in the RES for a couple days as i've been doing other stuff, But i can say I got hit by something and so did the asp that was hazardous, could be a bug or Something else but it was really similar to the guy who got pulled out and experienced the same(Shame i didn't have a screenshot like he did tho)
(note it would be nice to know if anyone else has experianced random hazardous damage in normal zones (so not thargoids) cause well Its only been like 2 reports of it)

Last edited:
THARGOID DATA GATHERING EFFORT

Alright, let's do some field research, commanders.

Hypothesis:
The Thargoid interactions are spreading, affecting new systems on a daily basis.
Proof: Very poor, a few commanders as witnesses. No formal data gathering has been done.
Proposed research: Field Data Gathering to answer two questions:
  1. Are the Thargoid Hyperdictions spreading or changing in nature?
  2. Are the Thargoid attacks spreading or changing in nature?
Provided data gathering tools:

Please, Commanders, help the Canonn Institute to gather this data! Its results may prove crucial to predict the Thargoid's movements!

Good idea MV.

If nothing else, we need to establish whether the 'Thargoid Zone' is similar to the UA shell - i.e. constrained to a region centred on a location like Merope. It's only by mapping it that we can then say whether it changes :)

Good idea MV.

If nothing else, we need to establish whether the 'Thargoid Zone' is similar to the UA shell - i.e. constrained to a region centred on a location like Merope. It's only by mapping it that we can then say whether it changes :)

THIS 1000x

I've been looking for info about how widespread the reports have been. Need to be compiling data, can't have everyone being a... loose Canonn >_>

sorry for that >_>

Seriously though, need data to do science!

Don't know where to put this; didn't see a separate thread on the Barnacle Forest on Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81 C2 -

Decided that since I flew 135klys I should hang out a couple days in the Barnacle Forest. Followed a bunch of Scavengers around; they aren't dripping green goo but appear to be transferring something or picking up something on the big barnies - they "patrol" a sector, go for the nearest barnie and stick to it with thier mouth for about 15 seconds. No light or green transferrence like we've seen before in the Thargoid Structures.

Here's the Forest from about 1.5k to show the main layout and the gas that is filling the valley:

3grAhcO.jpg

You can see the rough 5-point-star pattern of the forest growths, which is different from the usual octagons... it reminds me of the Nursery in Alien.

Here's one from right above the central barnacle:

4oXlVCu.jpg

You can see the rough octagonal the outlier barnacles make around this central, larger one.

Now, I was following Scavengers for most of the day and kept on picking up something on the SRV radar that was in the top bands, where you normally see human ships, or POIs or skimmers. There were none. I also drove around and shot various spikes/spires & mostly collected SRV fuel and a couple meta-alloys; there weren't any of the usual Outcrops or mesosiderites or whatall in the forest proper; only by going well away from the area did I start to pick up some. Still kept getting this radar-ghost on the SRV scanner.

So I followed it to the [surprise] central barnacle:

ki7Ctm9.jpg

Here's an image of the central barnacle from the SRV that shows co-ordinates and the radar screen:

fQYiiTt.jpg

You can see the blip on the radar. You can circle around the whole thing and that top "broken" signal will always point to that center barnacle. I checked many other barnacles; they didn't have a signal like this. I shot up everything that I could around it and ferried the mats very far away from the whole forest. I checked to see if perhaps there was a "regular" ore-giving rock that maybe the main barnacle was sitting on, but this signal appeared nowhere else in the forest and there were no other normal rocks on the scanner in the whole area.

This central Barnacle is also the one giving off the most music/sound; not the rumbling, breaking one but a singing one of its own.

That's where I left it; still thinking about it. But whatever is growing down there is... stupendously large.

Last edited:
Alright, let's do some field research, commanders.

Hypothesis:
The Thargoid interactions are spreading, affecting new systems on a daily basis.
Proof: Very poor, a few commanders as witnesses. No formal data gathering has been done.
Proposed research: Field Data Gathering to answer two questions:
  1. Are the Thargoid Hyperdictions spreading or changing in nature?
  2. Are the Thargoid attacks spreading or changing in nature?
Provided data gathering tools:

Please, Commanders, help the Canonn Institute to gather this data! Its results may prove crucial to predict the Thargoid's movements!

Do we have a way to get this info edited into the first posts of one or more of the stickies in this forum?

I'd been asking if something like it was happening, and I just saw someone asking the same thing on one of the other stickies. I don't know who (if anyone) is in charge of updating the FPs of the new "multithreaded" threadnought, but I feel like a lot of other people have also been looking for this kind of initiative. CIRG are the ones to do it, but need people to know it's there before they can start submitting reports.

You can see the blip on the radar. You can circle around the whole thing and that top "broken" signal will always point to that center barnacle. I checked many other barnacles; they didn't have a signal like this. I shot up everything that I could around it and ferried the mats very far away from the whole forest. I checked to see if perhaps there was a "regular" ore-giving rock that maybe the main barnacle was sitting on, but this signal appeared nowhere else in the forest and there were no other normal rocks on the scanner in the whole area.

This central Barnacle is also the one giving off the most music/sound; not the rumbling, breaking one but a singing one of its own.

Yes, this is the same at the double-barnie sites too. The 'main' barnacle is the one that shows up on the scanner and is also the one that the Thargoid will always visit.

Top Bottom