Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

"an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven"

While many Cmdr are engaged in fighting against the Thargoids which seemingly ceased their attacks since last week, FDev has started a new BGS which reminds me very much of the "Far God"-Sect story.

You know all this from Galnet, today they reported that the diary of the technician was found and that one sentence of it was restored.

So - there are "voices without a body" calling him. Is this a resumption of the "Far God" story? Or something new? Is this the announcement of a new content in correlation to the ceasing of the Thargoid wave? Is the reduction of the Tharg attacks due to some information they have got that maybe someone much more mightier is following them towards the bubble? The AI for example which meanwhile has developed to a state where no physical body is needed anymore? Where is this place which is "glowing like heaven"? Inside a reflection nebula? Such as the Pleiades?

;)

Orion is usually symbolised as Gods throne or the Heaven of the sky, However so is Eagle nebula This may fit more and may also be the mid point of the Jaques station issue which made him land in Colonia?

However may I ask anyone who has been to NGC 7822 in the past can they check the visited stars and tell me does this nebula come up as been there? Its the only place iv been that apparantly sicne the update i havnt been there before even though i have been in every single system but it still shows the stars around as visited hmmm

an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven

IFF this is related to Halsey’s “real caretakers of the galaxy” then they might exist in a star. The dbx I think was stolen from a station in Vega; does this tie in with Starship One’s last journey? I haven’t been able to find that by Google & Simulacrae’s diagram of it is on my gaming machine, can’t check until tomorrow..

And Heinrich’s Galnet archive is no working for me-can get the top-level index but it fails to home in on the links.

an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven

IFF this is related to Halsey’s “real caretakers of the galaxy” then they might exist in a star. The dbx I think was stolen from a station in Vega; does this tie in with Starship One’s last journey? I haven’t been able to find that by Google & Simulacrae’s diagram of it is on my gaming machine, can’t check until tomorrow..

And Heinrich’s Galnet archive is no working for me-can get the top-level index but it fails to home in on the links.

Ah, an unexpected gaming hour this afternoon. Checked my PC & while I don't have a diagram (that was the Antares' route) I did find a note on Starship One:
25May Spaceflight One lost with all hands after transition to hyperspace on a tour of Federal frontier systems BUT with an unscheduled (classified) detour to Azaleach. Purported aim of the trip was to build stronger links between Sol and its many offspring. Published itinerary (another dozen systems were expected to be added before the off ) was:

Hip 53688
Tinia
Aleumoxii
78 Ursae Majoris
Seddon Gateway for formal meeting with Alioth party
Dietri
Su
Furuhjlem I-645
“Saga”
Presidential meeting with delegates aboard Zudov Terminal missed
Delphin
Nanomam
Coriccha
Ross 860

The wreckage was found in Azaleach and one other system if I recall correctly-it's a long time since the CG to recover wreckage & escape pods!
p.s. I'm still convinced Simulacrae published one of his maps of the Antares' route

Last edited:
Ah, an unexpected gaming hour this afternoon. Checked my PC & while I don't have a diagram (that was the Antares' route) I did find a note on Starship One:
25May Spaceflight One lost with all hands after transition to hyperspace on a tour of Federal frontier systems BUT with an unscheduled (classified) detour to Azaleach. Purported aim of the trip was to build stronger links between Sol and its many offspring. Published itinerary (another dozen systems were expected to be added before the off ) was:

Hip 53688
Tinia
Aleumoxii
78 Ursae Majoris
Seddon Gateway for formal meeting with Alioth party
Dietri
Su
Furuhjlem I-645
Saga
Presidential meeting with delegates aboard Zudov Terminal missed
Delphin
Nanomam
Coriccha
Ross 860

The wreckage was found in Azaleach and one other system if I recall correctly-it's a long time since the CG to recover wreckage & escape pods!
p.s. I'm still convinced Simulacrae published one of his maps of the Antares' route

The fatal leg was from Furuhjelm I-645 to Azaleach. That's all we know. The crash probably happened late, as wreckage was found in Azaleach.

After digging through a dusty attic ... I found these bits of outdated research/ramblings

Halsey Disappearance
Edi1js2.jpg

Some of the interesting developments around the Antares
t1PpKyw.jpg

Projected Route of Antares (based on CG debris prior to finding the large debris field in Luyten 205-128
ptTAXkI.jpg

Tinfoil suspicions of how they were connected from the time
WX3KPaT.jpg

Space Whales FTW!

The fatal leg was from Furuhjelm I-645 to Azaleach. That's all we know. The crash probably happened late, as wreckage was found in Azaleach.
I guess the question to be answered is what was the planned classified meeting about in Azaleach?
Since the wreckage was found in Azaleach then presumably her “caretakers” are either there, or the preceding system, or in witchspace

I guess the question to be answered is what was the planned classified meeting about in Azaleach?
Since the wreckage was found in Azaleach then presumably her “caretakers” are either there, or the preceding system, or in witchspace

the witchspace explosions seem to happen lightyears away from where the wrecakage ends up. I think in this case they lost contact with SS1 75ly away from their "current position" (presumably Azaleach)

I will put these in here too - not sure if they are still out in the wild
Commander Myklikesguitars took these from the old Halsey CG

GpHIyo4.png

YH5jyei.png

4iatkrx.png

ZqWu8Cg.png

Yes, I took part in the Azaleach search & rescue CG, though I seem to remember wreckage was found in two systems and then delivered to Azaleach/Leoniceno Orbital. What is the bit that says “last contact was from XX system 75 ly away” about? Looks like XX should have been substituted (fd bug??) for some system name, or perhaps more likely it was redacted by fed authorities because her planned meeting was classified (galnet said that meeting involved an unscheduled diversion to Azaleach, but that may be a bit more fed obfuscation, maybe the meeting was near to Azaleach, like 75ly away)...hence maybe a search is required in a system 75 ly from Azaleach along the flightpath. I’m not in the bubble at the moment but sounds like we missed something there.

Whatever her “caretakers of the galaxy” are, it sounds like they’re in the vicinity. How far is Vega (dbx stolen by Gan Romero) from Azaleach?
Edit: 152.71ly, not far at all, in fact suspiciously close.....

Edit2: or on second thoughts is there a listening post 75ly from Azaleach? Must check the lp/ucb spreadsheet

Last edited:
I like the train of thoughts you have here. I've also seen a couple of system mentioning sleep (and dreams) in their description seemingly unrelated. I need to take a dive into my notes to find them again.

Or perhaps Jasmina Halsey’s “real caretakers of the galaxy” again?
[snip]
Well, might be but rather unlikely. It doesn't really fit with what is told about Gan Romero's behaviour. He is "called" by something from outer space. He stole a DBX so he needs a ship ready for travel with a larger jump range. So it looks as if he is on a way farther out. I took a look at The Sanctum and The Prophet - he is not there. What puzzles me is if this all is coincidental right now. We cannot be sure whether FDev has only issued another mere BGS or if this Romero story is linked to a possible arrival of something big and if this newly established shuttle to Guardian space is just to provide as many cmdr as possible with Guardian tech.

I want to hope this is something... but it's really not much to go on. To me, given how clues have read in the past, it's suggesting there's "something" in a nebula... now, whether that's a largeish nebula like we're used to e.g Witch Head Nebula... or if it's a nebula literally isolated around a single system like T Tauri:

... or alternately, it could be referring to the galactic core, which is just totally lit up.

One of the posters before mentioning something like "Inside a star" would give some validation to Thargoid Sensors pointing to Merope, but it wouldn't mean much. For me, it's still too needle/haystack for my liking, so good luck I guess?

Yes, I took part in the Azaleach search & rescue CG, though I seem to remember wreckage was found in two systems and then delivered to Azaleach/Leoniceno Orbital. What is the bit that says “last contact was from XX system 75 ly away” about? Looks like XX should have been substituted (fd bug??) for some system name, or perhaps more likely it was redacted by fed authorities because her planned meeting was classified (galnet said that meeting involved an unscheduled diversion to Azaleach, but that may be a bit more fed obfuscation, maybe the meeting was near to Azaleach, like 75ly away)...hence maybe a search is required in a system 75 ly from Azaleach along the flightpath. I’m not in the bubble at the moment but sounds like we missed something there.

Whatever her “caretakers of the galaxy” are, it sounds like they’re in the vicinity. How far is Vega (dbx stolen by Gan Romero) from Azaleach?
Edit: 152.71ly, not far at all, in fact suspiciously close.....

Personally I think that the accident it self was sabotage, by Black Flight or similar. It's likely that Halsey were going to Azaleach to have a meeting about the newly discovered, unknown Artefact. This might have been Mahoon, but it's also possible that the hole thing was a Club trap.

The Architects/Caretakers showed up later, when Halsey was floating around in the escape pod. I suspect that they are plasma based as MB hinted to this, later in summer of 2015:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/is-vacuum-based-life-possible.176750/#post-2723790

Plasma based life would be consistent with "tiny yet gargantuan, fleeting yet eternal" and "‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body".

It's difficult to say if the Caretakers are connected to any known entities in ED. Raxxlans may have evolved beyond a physical(solid) body and Guardian Constructs may have adapted to a plasma form. These could eve be the same thing.

Personally I think that the accident it self was sabotage, by Black Flight or similar. It's likely that Halsey were going to Azaleach to have a meeting about the newly discovered, unknown Artefact. This might have been Mahoon, but it's also possible that the hole thing was a Club trap.

The Architects/Caretakers showed up later, when Halsey was floating around in the escape pod. I suspect that they are plasma based as MB hinted to this, later in summer of 2015:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/is-vacuum-based-life-possible.176750/#post-2723790

Plasma based life would be consistent with "tiny yet gargantuan, fleeting yet eternal" and "‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body".

It's difficult to say if the Caretakers are connected to any known entities in ED. Raxxlans may have evolved beyond a physical(solid) body and Guardian Constructs may have adapted to a plasma form. These could eve be the same thing.

How about the Q-type etc anomalies we see in NSP? They seem to me to be sentient, though no evidence for sapience as yet. Is there an NSP along the Starship One route/in Azaleach? Someone above suggested Lagrange Cloud as a solution to the Radiant Space suggestion.
Yes, I’ve suspected sabotage all along, for that and the Antares. Sirius seems to be involved, so I guess the Club are implicated; I suspect Mahon is part of the Club, and the incident was very opportune for him.
Interesting idea about the Guardian Constructs. Has anyone experimented to test for any effects of Guardian/Thargoid technology on the Anomalies?

Edit: Since encountering them I’ve been puzzled why they are called “Q-type”, surely they would be named consecutively alphabetically starting with A. We havent seen 16 other types, so why “Q”?; any resemblance to Star Trek” etc?

Last edited:
Edit: Since encountering them I’ve been puzzled why they are called “Q-type”, surely they would be named consecutively alphabetically starting with A. We havent seen 16 other types, so why “Q”?; any resemblance to Star Trek” etc?

There's not just Q-type. e.g

They all do different things.

Personally, I'm convinced you should be able to scoop them, but it's bugged so you can't...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qyPtwSTwZM

Last edited:
I want to hope this is something... but it's really not much to go on. To me, given how clues have read in the past, it's suggesting there's "something" in a nebula... now, whether that's a largeish nebula like we're used to e.g Witch Head Nebula... or if it's a nebula literally isolated around a single system like T Tauri:

View attachment 132134

... or alternately, it could be referring to the galactic core, which is just totally lit up.

One of the posters before mentioning something like "Inside a star" would give some validation to Thargoid Sensors pointing to Merope, but it wouldn't mean much. For me, it's still too needle/haystack for my liking, so good luck I guess?
What about Eagle, pillars of creation home of some of the brightest stars we have seen all grouped together

View attachment 132134

I am on my way to have a look. Yes, needle in a haystack - but that is what is was very often so far in ED.
I was searching for a bright nebula where “an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven” might fit in and found NGC 3603 which might have such an aspect. I found that at least two systems of that region are implemented in the Galmap but you need special permission. It is located in Hawking's Gap (ring...ring...). Interestingly, you also can select these Wolf-Rayet stars in the star type chart. So after your T Tauri proposal I will head on to the known 4 Hawking's Gap locations and hope to find a needle ;)

Edit: I arrived at T Tauri and
this is how it looks like and this is Hind Mine, where you can sit down.

Last edited:
There's not just Q-type. e.g

View attachment 132148View attachment 132150
View attachment 132149View attachment 132151

They all do different things.

Personally, I'm convinced you should be able to scoop them, but it's bugged so you can't...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qyPtwSTwZM

Yes, I came across all of these during DW2, though the Q type seemed more active.
But my point was the naming convention applied to them-it seems strange& was wondering of there was perhaps some deeper meaning to it.

Yes, I came across all of these during DW2, though the Q type seemed more active.
But my point was the naming convention applied to them-it seems strange& was wondering of there was perhaps some deeper meaning to it.
If there is, then I'm not confident it isn't bugged atm...

We know "Anomaly Particles" are in the game:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/what-does-liz-beta-ryder-know-that-eddb-doesnt-yet.458915/

... so we know it should be possible to obtain them somehow. They don't allow a Research Limpet to be fired at it, but they show up as being "scoopable" when you open you cargo hatch per my video, but don't appear to be scoopable. I'd say it was me doing it wrong, but Molluscs also appear scoopable and are far less "volatile", and I know i'm getting them right, but they just bounce off an open cargo hatch. Molluscs as well allow Research Limpets to be fired at them (can only be done for valid targets), but they always fail.

I bugreported these, but of course, they've gone to the ether since we went to the new forums/support tool... haven't had the energy to re-report, and given it's only the "hot" bugs which affect people's ability to grind out billions that is impacted, I'm not convinced this would even get a look in.

Given the situation we had with the Guardian ruins originally, where the open/PG bug caused different obelisks to light up... at the time we were all convinced there was some "trick" to making other obelisks light up... but turns out it was just a bug and that was never meant to happen. In the case of the Molluscs/Anomalies appearing scoopable, I'm just not prepared to invest that much investigative effort when it could all just be a bug and you aren't meant to scoop or sample these things. Alternately, maybe you are meant to, and they may be the key to unlocking some other secrets, and FD are sitting here wondering why nobody has discovered these things yet, because the bugs never get a look-in.

Top Bottom