Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Probably, but all CG submissions must fit into FD’s storyline....
I don't agree with that sentiment... rather all CG submissions must not interfere with FD's storyline. When I submitted my UA-collecting CG (back when it was easier to do), I put up a story about my faction wanting to look into the potential weaponisation of the UA's station-shutdown effects.

In the section discussing "global rewards", I gave multiple options
  • A rare-good hosted from my faction's system, being a new form of (largely illegal) weaponry.
  • Just an insight into the origins of the UAs, at FD's discretion
  • Just nothing, if it's all too "touchy".

Even the nothing option got rejected, just on account of collecting UA's being "too close to the plot", and also "too similar to an upcoming CG".

That upcoming CG was the first meta-alloy collection CG which, in my opinion, was nothing like what I'd proposed... one was:
  • USS farming in the UA shell, and risking loss of cargo/death through corrosive cargo effects; compared to
  • Modeflipping/logflipping at a barnacle.

I've since made recommendations for other CGs involving collection of Thargoid items, none of which have ever taken off... I actually don't think any player-CG has ever been plot related (FWIW, I don't count the CoR CGs because they may as well have been FD-driven, rather than player-driven).

But I digress slightly... my point is more that to go remotely near FD's plot is a guarantee your CG won't go ahead.

I don't agree with that sentiment... rather all CG submissions must not interfere with FD's storyline.

[snip]

But I digress slightly... my point is more that to go remotely near FD's plot is a guarantee your CG won't go ahead.

Yes, I was not clear & agree with you. I meant that to be successful CG submissions must not contradict or encroach on FD’s storyline.
Whatever that is...😉

Just watched the Stargazing Tours stream and when they activated the structure I noticed the double spiral is made out of yellow and blue lights, just like the ones you can see in Witchspace. Guess that's how they navigate there?

Mmm, galnet today
New source of meta-alloys found in Witchhead neb & thargoids rapidly depart the bubble
So...
Oresrians farmed Pleiades? Humans about to trample Klaxian territory?
Do we know if the Witchead barnacles have the same “brand” mark as those in the Pleiades, or a different one, or no mark?

Mmm, galnet today
New source of meta-alloys found in Witchhead neb & thargoids rapidly depart the bubble
So...
Oresrians farmed Pleiades? Humans about to trample Klaxian territory?
Do we know if the Witchead barnacles have the same “brand” mark as those in the Pleiades, or a different one, or no mark?
Yes. Them and the ones which are in california sector have the same mark.

They're not new though... been in the game nearly 3 years now.

OK... so something's bugging me really hard about this II now... here's some speculation, assumptions sprinkled with facts.

• Barnacles are seeded to precede and invasion/territorial claim.
  • Thargoids react in a perceived "Positive" way when human ships are found with Meta-Alloys aboard, compared to their negative/hostile reactions to Thargoid/Guardian cargo.
  • Meta Alloys are used in Thargoid (Interceptor) construction and tech.
  • Thargoids are presumably withdrawing from the bubble due to human plans to advance into Witch Head.

I guess my question is: Why?

Presumably the Thargoids know we're harvesting Meta-Alloys from Barnacles, but they genuinely don't care / are happy for us to have them. The fact they are territorial and that Barnacles precede an invasion/represent a claim to that territory seems to be something we aren't meant to interfere with. But Meta-Alloys, which are derived from Barnacles... yeah, fill your boots with them, we'll love you for it.

Those two lines seem incompatible. Something's missing...

I don't really mind as long as they stay out of Orion Nebula Tourist Centre. Such a lovely place, I even have a tuned Viper mk.3 parked there. There's great comfort in thinking nothing bad could ever happen there. Great zero-g bath tubs, and pool bars carved into a freshly mined asteroid, serving fancy drinks. The station security have never even heard of Thargoids, they thought those must be some kind of Mars people.

OK... so something's bugging me really hard about this II now... here's some speculation, assumptions sprinkled with facts.

• Thargoids react in a perceived "Positive" way when human ships are found with Meta-Alloys aboard, compared to their negative/hostile reactions to Thargoid/Guardian cargo.
  • Thargoids are presumably withdrawing from the bubble due to human plans to advance into Witch Head.

Presumably the Thargoids know we're harvesting Meta-Alloys from Barnacles, but they genuinely don't care / are happy for us to have them. The fact they are territorial and that Barnacles precede an invasion/represent a claim to that territory seems to be something we aren't meant to interfere with. But Meta-Alloys, which are derived from Barnacles... yeah, fill your boots with them, we'll love you for it.

Or you could interpret the thargoid response to finding you with meta alloys as begging you to hand them over as they are extremely valuable, and they know that destroying you will destroy the alloys.

It’s possible that to thargoids MA production is just a minor side effect of the barnacle raison d’etre. I’ve long argued that the “fireflies” that come off barnacles & UA/TS are significant. What if the barnacle is actually a creche for fireflies and they are the first stage in the thargoid lifecycle? That would be a significant reason to react with hostility to carrying thargoid cargo, or attacking barnacles, and might explain the “scooping” activity seen at barnacle sites.

They only seem happy if you hand over the Meta Alloys

Like you are assisting them, and the reaction is a built in reward trigger as the ships are primarily on a Harvesting mission.

If they are semi sentient drones, programed to harvest, then the happy response would be an ingrain and programed in as the negative response to Guardian Tech.

I believe the Thargoids ships and scouts and surface drones we have encountered are just low worker ant like drones with rudimentary intelligence and a lot of programing.

They have been send in to collect the Meta Alloys and to reinforce that it is pleasurable to them as part of behavioral conditioning.

All they have been doing is claiming meta alloy, reclaiming Thargoid materials as a tier 2 imperative, and removing perceived obstacles to that in the attacks on humanity, not through any higher plan thought.
Just trying to fulfill their programed imperative.

Since this is the Tinfoil Hattery thread
I noticed this weekend I got what seemed like a Grammarly Ad at the beginning and end of each Youtube video I watched.
And I wondered to myself, I wouldn't like to use it as at what point does the voice cease to be my own when tweaked with the Grammarly App
I then wondered if such though might relate to the "back to nature" Guardians who rejected the implants and direct connection to the Guardian Network and so was their objections at first less about being Ludites and back to nature religious fanatics and more at least at first about worries about losing ones identity and individuality subtle by AI smoothing of language and art and expression and culture, with a fear of the AI or writers there of shaping society to their vision only to then become what they fought against as they then sought to impose their views on all Guardian Society as it is by its nature more communal but also more monolithic not tolerating division like humanity does

Culture 3: This data holds more details about the Guardians culture, specifically spiritual matters. This spiritual awareness sustained them through most of their history, but did not evolve into a formal religion. It was not until the development of machine intelligence, during the most rapid era of their development, that any sort of organized religion emerged. I speculate that this technological singularity alienated much of the population, who responded by rejecting this technology.

Culture 4: This data holds more details about the Guardians culture. The tipping point that gave rise to organized religion amongst the Guardians doesn’t appear to have been the creation of thinking machines, but other technological developments – in particular a kind of implant that interfaced with the brain. Up to this point, biological enhancement and repair had utilized only organic-based systems, so this sudden change frightened many.

Culture 5: This is very interesting, very interesting indeed. This data holds more details about the Guardians culture. There was an anti-technology movement that rejected not only specific developments, but also inventions such as virtual reality. The loose customs associated with their affinity for nature formed the basis for a new belief system. It evolved rapidly – almost as quickly as the technological advancements produced by the scientists and machine intelligences. It’s interesting to note the parallels with human-made sentient technology, and how its development threatened humanity during the golden age of technological advancement. The growth of this new religion divided the population, and conflict soon erupted.

Culture 6: This data holds some shocking revelations. it talks about the religion that emerged towards the end of the guardians civilization and I wont lie it has shocked me. While religion remains a feature of human society, unless you live in one of the more extreme theocracies, its generally a matter of personal faith rather than a generally accepted consequence of the human condition. I know some of my fellow researchers would disagree with me. but it is generally assumed that religious beliefs tends to reduce to potency as scientific understanding grows in the case of the guardians, the opposite holds true, it truly divided them.

Top Bottom