Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

I have just visited some Thargoid Bases/Sites and it is clear to me they are turning into HUGE capital class ships as if they would be a massive "interceptor".

Last edited:
Yep, I could see a full petal exposed... seems it will be like an overgrown Cyclops.
Different sites have different "states of repair" of the structure.

There was debate a long while back that the sites were "growing" and "changing", and it was popular, but iirc that was shown to be incorrect, despite what you might see in the picture in the article (tl;dr FD change the way surface features get shown often, e.g when how one of the Thargoid wrecks was/is now on a giant, insurmountable peak)...

Back when Guild Wars 2's second season of post-launch content was coming out in 2014, they introduced a new map. And for the first few weeks people were debating if the massive vines on it were actually growing or not, or if it was just that their animation gave the illusion of it. Some suspected they may simply be expanding with each patch, but there was no noticeable change on patch day immediately after the server updated either.
Within the month though, people had actual time lapses taken on the map, showing a barely perceptible pixel-by-pixel growth of them, at regular intervals, which led to them reaching all the way across the entire map by the time the story reached a climax.

If the Thargoid sites were changing in a similar manner, we'd have that same kind of footage by now. The ED community do LOVE their time lapses. And there are plenty screenshots available of the same Thargoid sites over extended periods of time.

Sure, they may be growing into some kind of Thargoid ship, but we've seen the kind of timescales the Thargoids operate on. It's likely that we'd see it take years for any perceptible growth to take place, without some kind of major update by Frontier to accelerate that. As it is, they're static.

Any changes we have seen to known sites have been as the actual planet generation model changed over the period we've been observing them.

They say the Omphalos could be some kind of a navel witch contains some sort of a map and it is guarded by "The Oracle"... so, the Thargoid device is a centered circluar chamber which shows us a kind of a galaxy map when activated, it is under the watch of "The Oracle"... it pretty much nails it down 100%.

I know what I saw at Delphi under the watch of "The Oracle"... and that full grown "petal" wasn't there last year.
Okay. Get your name in the history books. Be the first person to provide conclusive before and after shots.

There are people who've had alt-accounts parked at these sites fince they were first added, who log on every patch to take screenshots, who've not accomplished this.

Different sites have different "states of repair" of the structure.

There was debate a long while back that the sites were "growing" and "changing", and it was popular, but iirc that was shown to be incorrect, despite what you might see in the picture in the article (tl;dr FD change the way surface features get shown often, e.g when how one of the Thargoid wrecks was/is now on a giant, insurmountable peak)...

Try feeding the TG device with some of that new blight antidote. Perhaps it cures Mycoid infection as well as blight? ;)

I'm not crazy officer. I know what I saw. It was an alien space ship...... Yes I will blow into a breathalyzer and take a drugs test.

Cool!
Golconda, left Earth over 1,000 years ago, now 172 ly away, inhabited but they’re suffering an epidemic. And the ship’s emitting strange noises. Mmmmmm m

Last edited:
Top Bottom