Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

If you mean the audio that plays when the message itself is played that has been messed up for a while. The links still respond to the message correctly with their tight beam octal audio last i checked. (the ones with only 2 messages usually point at human stuff, and the ones with 3 messages seemed to point at structures still. Which is generated seems to be dependent on the structure as far as i can tell.(I have only repeatedly tested a small handful of thargoid structure/link messages.))

If you mean the audio that plays when the message itself is played that has been messed up for a while. The links still respond to the message correctly with their tight beam octal audio last i checked. (the ones with only 2 messages usually point at human stuff, and the ones with 3 messages seemed to point at structures still. Which is generated seems to be dependent on the structure as far as i can tell.(I have only repeatedly tested a small handful of thargoid structure/link messages.))
So, no more way to get the link unknown signal spectrograph picture? Gotta rely on old ones?

Found a little Canonn Easter Egg recently. It was first located by Cmdr Thatchinho during 3.3 Beta (he raised a ticket since it was showing as Guardian) but I’ve now confirmed it in-game & it showed as Human for me in the FSS. The Bifrost Anaconda crashed on Col 173 Sector LJ-F c12-0 A4c and has a settlement beacon, logs & some scattered materials. It doesnt currently appear in the Canonn pages. The logs discuss a home-made still and subsequent production of strong liquor, hence the crash! Apparently they were rescued & rejoined The Gnosis. The log messages were not stored in my Cmdr’s Codex Archives, but from my (admittedly poor) memory the crash involved Cmdrs Powell, RedWizzard & Derthek. 🙂

Found a little Canonn Easter Egg recently. It was first located by Cmdr Thatchinho during 3.3 Beta (he raised a ticket since it was showing as Guardian) but I’ve now confirmed it in-game & it showed as Human for me in the FSS. The Bifrost Anaconda crashed on Col 173 Sector LJ-F c12-0 A4c and has a settlement beacon, logs & some scattered materials. It doesnt currently appear in the Canonn pages. The logs discuss a home-made still and subsequent production of strong liquor, hence the crash! Apparently they were rescued & rejoined The Gnosis. The log messages were not stored in my Cmdr’s Codex Archives, but from my (admittedly poor) memory the crash involved Cmdrs Powell, RedWizzard & Derthek. 🙂
Just checked back through my PMs, and @RedWizzard is definitely mentioned in the logs. There's something about them finding the formula for a new type of alcoholic drinks!

Edit - have checked back through photos in case I had any of the logs, but have only got shots of the site:

Bifrost 1.jpg

Bifrost 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Nilreb!
I was on a visit to the CETE when I found this crash site; thought they were unrelated.

edit: you have to return to CETE? I went there first! AND the CETE logs aren't stored in the Codex Archive either!!

edit2: Nope! logs 1-3 are all available from the Bifrost settlement comms log uplinks! :)
Came back to kill some time while awaiting killing spree notoriety to dissipate!

Last edited:
Wandering around seeing the sights. This afternoon visited the Unnamed Crash Site on Col 285 Sector OP-L b9-0 A 1 at -16.4839, -65.1510, however it wasn’t there. No sign of any wreck & no FSS indication of human signal anywhere in the system.

Well this seems the appropriate place.

Lady Outspan left a message that led to The Bifrost (for me anyway she just says lost expedition and both Bifrost & Cete could be classed as this but I digress) and one other system with the

Jonas Relay Centre C-64

in it saying she was there. Have been there and no sign of the woman! 2 Logs on the station, both the same say

"AUTOMATED MESSAGE

This Relay Station is owned by Janus Incorporated"

(Note Janus (the 2 faced god) not Jonas and probably not typo as both vowels changed)

So now what, Bifrost says they were rescued as above but no sign of the Lady? I know theres a J Inc in the bubble somewhere, Ive come across it, am I supposed to find that and go back?

Well this seems the appropriate place.

Lady Outspan left a message that led to The Bifrost (for me anyway she just says lost expedition and both Bifrost & Cete could be classed as this but I digress) and one other system with the

Jonas Relay Centre C-64

in it saying she was there. Have been there and no sign of the woman! 2 Logs on the station, both the same say

"AUTOMATED MESSAGE

This Relay Station is owned by Janus Incorporated"

(Note Janus (the 2 faced god) not Jonas and probably not typo as both vowels changed)

So now what, Bifrost says they were rescued as above but no sign of the Lady? I know theres a J Inc in the bubble somewhere, Ive come across it, am I supposed to find that and go back?

I think you’re re going on old stories. The Bifrost was an outing from the Gnosis, so going back about 6 months or so?

Aha, well theres a Beacon near Canonn Institute (Varati iirc) where she has left the Mayday, Mayday message open and broadcasting as though she's still stuck, how irresponsible of her. Good job I was over that way anyway and hadn't made the trip just for her.

Are all the female characters in this game vain & vacuous or beautiful yet vacant or just a spoiled brat? Is there one that isn't appalling in almost every way? (I mean theres Felicity '200 Cigars a Day' Farseer but is that it?)

Careful of your wording there! Lady Outspan is IRL partner of Cmdr Delmonte, Canonn big wheel. You might get a pre-dawn visit by Lab69 staff & never be heard from again 😁

Yes, this is an old storyline that FD seem to have inserted for Canonn amusement, but FD don’t appear to remove outdated storyline-related objects. Except the Unnamed Crash Site on Col 285 Sector OP-L b9-0 A 1, which I tried to visit yesterday! (see 5 posts ago) ☹️

Last edited:
It is my firm belief that we are at the beginning of the end of the galaxy as we know it.

The Thargoids show no signs of abatement. To the contrary, I'd argue all their attacks over the past year have been nothing more than probes of our defenses. I believe the Thargoids know we are less advanced than the Guardians, and I believe they will soon attempt to assert their dominance over what they see as their territory.

But I don't think it'll be only the Thargoids that we'll have to handle. I believe that a mass attack by the Thargoids... will awaken the Constructs that the Guardians created.

The Constructs will see us AND the Thargoids as they once saw the Guardians. Too violent to redeem.

I see Sol burn in my nightmares. I see humanity being driven back to Colonia (where we thankfully have a brand-new xeno research station -- curiously built nowhere near any xenos). I see Fleet Carriers being upgraded to allow for base building.

I see us having to rebuild the bubble... and fight back to survive.

I believe, in 3307, Elite becomes truly Dangerous.

Top Bottom