Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nah that didn't work Factab, it's still just the submit encounter form.

Hmm, Forms doesn't seem to let you publish the results, annoying as they have nice Pie charts. This is the
spreadsheet version (hopefully it's live). Couple of jokers by the look of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SkyWXRlwmkgYANdyH4i7Qy22oy3XokvbOMDUKCNsQhM/pubhtml

Ok, this should be better, though it's still showing spammy entries:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SkyWXRlwmkgYANdyH4i7Qy22oy3XokvbOMDUKCNsQhM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
new thread wooooooooooooooooooooo. havnt been here for a while good luck and stay safe with the new alien presents at the barnacle sites we need to find that tunnel in the trailer now!

Hey canonn guys, how about yall move your new fancy megaship to the system this encounter first happened and get us some info on what's going on? Also can we get a post detailing some facts, sites, etc of known / proven events, any time durations (rumors are 8 hours apart), etc etc? New thread is nice and all but we really need some new info now. And don't pull an Ash or David synthetic quote of "Mother is ... collating" or something. Give us some facts!

You over there! Get working! Do stuff for the rest of us! :p

Last edited:
Hmm, Forms doesn't seem to let you publish the results, annoying as they have nice Pie charts. This is the
spreadsheet version (hopefully it's live). Couple of jokers by the look of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SkyWXRlwmkgYANdyH4i7Qy22oy3XokvbOMDUKCNsQhM/pubhtml

Ok, this should be better, though it's still showing spammy entries:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SkyWXRlwmkgYANdyH4i7Qy22oy3XokvbOMDUKCNsQhM/edit?usp=sharing

Might want to remove that sol entry. Considering no barnacles have been found in sol.

So, sitting at the barnacle site in an SRV, I guess I just wait?

I think i would reinstance every 30 mins or so.

Had 3 encounters this morning, none have occurred when I just sat and waited.

I assume it's something like this :

1. When an instance is entered a random chance of an event is calculated
  2. If an event is to occur a random timer begins
  3. Flowership arrives to harvest the shiny things

Last edited:
I think i would reinstance every 30 mins or so.

Had 3 encounters this morning, none have occurred when I just sat and waited.

I assume it's something like this :

1. When an instance is entered a random chance of an event is calculated
  2. If an event is to occur a random timer begins
  3. Flowership arrives to harvest the shiny things

Have you confirmed the materials and MAs are gone after the event? Because in the videos I've seen where they're visible the MAs look like they're still attached to the barnacle spikes so are not being harvested.

Last edited:
I cannot find out how to encounter the thargoids, i was already at open play, private mobius, private friends and solo game, since yesterday, i was already lots of hours there.... still nothing.... i dont know alreayd if to belive what people say or not... i dont know if continue here or not... first i come here with the explorer, today i come with the cutter and start farming alloys while waiting and reloging each 5-30min...
sVP9ZbZ.jpg

Visuals are probably different due to the 2 platforms.

Another thing worth mentioning whilst at this site i randomly took significant module damage (almost all modules were below 65%) despite me not overheating or getting shot at, at one point i watched my modules on my panel take damage for no apparent reason. Now that i think of it it seemed like accelerated UA damage which damaged multiple modules at the same time.

So here we go again.
Aliens ships have started visiting the Barnacles
Look I get picky about grammar, especially when people talk about aliens. I will get Obsidian Ant to clarify it isn't about me (if it's the last thing I do) ... anyway ...

you can say "Alien ships have started visiting the barnacles" and that would be correct,
or "Ships of aliens have started visiting the barnacles" and that would also be correct.
"Alien's ships have started visiting the barnacles" would not be correct as neither I, or my ships have recently visited any barnacles.
"Aliens ships have started visiting the barnacles" is not only not correct, it is bad grammar.

#justsaying #grammarn.a.z.i #OTTcensorshipOnTheForum

Last edited:
Look I get picky about grammar, especially when people talk about aliens. I will get Obsidian Ant to clarify it isn't about me (if it's the last thing I do) ... anyway ...

you can say "Alien ships have started visiting the barnacles" and that would be correct,
or "Ships of aliens have started visiting the barnacles" and that would also be correct.
"Alien's ships have started visiting the barnacles" would not be correct as neither I, or my ships have recently visited any barnacles.
"Aliens ships have started visiting the barnacles" is not only not correct, it is bad grammar.

I read this and at no time associated the word aliens as referring to anything other than more than one. Bad grammar aside, it was so obviously clear any other concept didn't even register. That sort of comment was rude, and inconsiderate. Different people have different skills, abilities, and disabilities. I don't know if one poster has what from the next poster. Basically - I'm not sure if you're 100 % genuine here or not.

Basically - I'm not sure if you're 100 % genuine here or not.
I'm not :D
EDIT: It's a running joke with me ... don't worry if you don't get it, it's a joke I am the only one privy to.
EDIT2: I am actually serious about the grammar though, and if you don't see what's wrong with "Aliens ships" then you might what to look it up.

Ns4bjJj.jpg

Last edited:
Looks to me like the flower ship is siphoning off a whole stack of barnacle fireflies in the various videos I've been watching.

I mean, I assume they're still there if you subsequently re-approach the barnacle, but it sure does look like a lot of them are sucked up.

Edit: oh and congrats on thread #10! Silly and marvellous at the same time :D

Last edited:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator

Normally I would correct those sort of mistakes, but just for you I'll think I'll leave it there :)

Enjoy :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom