Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's not harvesting. As I've said multiple times in the 9th Thread, the barney is most likely an extractor and refinery for fuel. It would, of course, be lodged far deeper in the ground than we see. MA's are just by-products of the refinery/extraction process.

Its either taking fuel or I was thinking something like Biomechanical Bees. Barnacles are like a plant that produces something a bit like Pollon ( food ) and these worker ships are collecting it to take back to the Queen Ship and the colony. The UA's are maybe sent out to find the Barnacles first by scanning bodies and then once they find something they report back and then the worker Ships go and collect.

The Worker Ships probably detect the UA's and this is why they end up Hyperdicting and scanning ships, they probably only mean to communicate with the UA's to see if they found a Barnacle site.

The UP's are possibly guiders and communicators and help the Workers and UA's to find their way around and back home again. If a UA or Worker ship scans a UP they are given directions home.

Meta Alloys are probably a Bi product of the process that produces this type of pollen.

This could mean we are only dealing with Worker ships at the moment who are non aggressive, they possibly have Soldier ships and Queen Ships.

Is it possible that Wreaken ( A front for a government type agency ) have discovered a Queen Ship in Col 70 and have been studying it !!!

This does tie into a lot of the Thargoid lore, In Thargoid history was a mother ship with smaller soldier ships Thargoids and Thargons. There was also more peaceful Thargoids, Workers maybe ? Thargoids were classed as a Biomechanical Hive Mind although also Insectoid like. Its possible Fdev have done away with the corny Insectoid thing and instead turned them into just a biomechanical ship like entity.

Its possible that once the Queen has enough food She will start spawning the deadlier Soldier class ships. That could mean trouble.

UP- Deep space explorers and mappers
UA - Recon and Surface prospectors
Flower Ships - Haulers/collectors

Last edited:
Its either taking fuel or I was thinking something like Biomechanical Bees. Barnacles are like a plant that produces something a bit like Pollon ( food ) and these worker ships are collecting it to take back to the Queen Ship and the colony. The UA's are maybe sent out to find the Barnacles first by scanning bodies and then once they find something they report back and then the worker Ships go and collect.

The Worker Ships probably detect the UA's and this is why they end up Hyperdicting and scanning ships, they probably only mean to communicate with the UA's to see if they found a Barnacle site.

The UP's are possibly guiders and communicators and help the Workers and UA's to find their way around and back home again. If a UA or Worker ship scans a UP they are given directions home.

Meta Alloys are probably a Bi product of the process that produces this type of pollen.

This could mean we are only dealing with Worker ships at the moment who are non aggressive, they possibly have Soldier ships and Queen Ships.

Is it possible that Wreaken ( A front for a government type agency ) have discovered a Queen Ship in Col 70 and have been studying it !!!

This does tie into a lot of the Thargoid lore, In Thargoid history was a mother ship with smaller soldier ships Thargoids and Thargons. There was also more peaceful Thargoids, Workers maybe ? Thargoids were classed as a Biomechanical Hive Mind although also Insectoid like. Its possible Fdev have done away with the corny Insectoid thing and instead turned them into just a biomechanical ship like entity.

Its possible that once the Queen has enough food She will start spawning the deadlier Soldier class ships. That could mean trouble.

UP- Deep space explorers and mappers
UA - Recon and Surface prospectors
Flower Ships - Haulers/collectors

I know the UP picture points to col 70, however if the pointing of UAs and UPs are to go by then the looking is closer than we think. We cant dismiss the
UA points to the star Merope and the UP points to the plant Merope 5 C and we still dont know why. Just some food for thought

Last edited:
I know the UP picture points to col 70, however if the pointing of UAs and UPs are to go by then the looking is closer than we think. We cant dismiss the
UA points to the star Merope and the UP points to the plant Merope 5 C and we still dont know why. Just some food for thought

What if they're just different types of beacons? One could be a hive-wide location beacon, and the other a localized "bookmark" of sorts? Or perhaps similar to our listening posts

Its possible that they were pointing towards the original Barnacle site, to highlight to us what they actually do.

I went and got a UP yesterday as offering.
Here is a small video of it.
Maybe the sounds have altered ? Also I dont remember its lights being Orange/Red, I thought it was the same style of colour as the UA.
Anyway here is the footage for you sound gurus and UP experts :)

[video=youtube;rCJr99eMGNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJr99eMGNQ[/video]

Also here is the Honk of the UP... Sorry about the music I forgot I had it playing.

[video=youtube;oKOABmgrf1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOABmgrf1I[/video]

Placed all in spoilers because :)

Last edited:
Ive been in solo and private. I refuse to go in open becaus I already lost my cutter once. Anyways. Ive had no lick of thargoid anywhere.

Thread 10 - Awesome.

Had a visit this morning from the Spaceflower.
HrJ0ndVl.jpg

First some strange type 9 npc , was flying round the site. slowly , landing gear down and not leaving while i was collecting MA. After 10 mins of watching the npc odd behavior i wondered if it was waiting to see a space flower like us....
Was a oddity but most likely noting more than a glitched npc.

Not long after though,, the space flower did visited the scene. My first encounter with them at the barnacle.
3:11 Gametime this morning.
Video from my perspective. camera was turbulent and stuck below ground briefly. Others were around too, so other views are around.
[video=youtube;Iwb2Wn2xH24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwb2Wn2xH24[/video]

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's not harvesting. As I've said multiple times in the 9th Thread, the barney is most likely an extractor and refinery for fuel. It would, of course, be lodged far deeper in the ground than we see. MA's are just by-products of the refinery/extraction process.

This is also my hypothesis, but we need confirmation of facts before we can draw conclusions. This thread seems to have departed from its original science focus; too much speculation and shooting at the aliens, not enough gathering of evidence.

Thread 10 - Awesome.

Had a visit this morning from the Spaceflower.
http://i.imgur.com/HrJ0ndVl.jpg

First some strange type 9 npc , was flying round the site. slowly , landing gear down and not leaving while i was collecting MA. After 10 mins of watching the npc odd behavior i wondered if it was waiting to see a space flower like us....
Was a oddity but most likely noting more than a glitched npc.

Not long after though,, the space flower did visited the scene. My first encounter with them at the barnacle.
3:11 Gametime this morning.
Video from my perspective. Others were around too, so other views are around.

Hi Cmdr
As the barnacle expert what is your interpretation of the event? It seems to me that this event is only occuring at double barnacle sites. If those are scanned the first provides a message while the second always states already scanned. It seems as though the lifecycle of barnacles might be a single cone which grows (an underground root network) until it then produces a second cone and set of spikes so they are just one entity, which then matures to the point where this flowership event can occur.

I went and got a UP yesterday as offering.
Here is a small video of it.
Maybe the sounds have altered ? Also I dont remember its lights being Orange/Red, I thought it was the same style of colour as the UA.
Anyway here is the footage for you sound gurus and UP experts :)

Also here is the Honk of the UP... Sorry about the music I forgot I had it playing.

Placed all in spoilers because :)

That sounds different; it's higher pitched and has some additional sounds in it. If need be, I can record it and run it thru a spectrogram.

That sounds different; it's higher pitched and has some additional sounds in it. If need be, I can record it and run it thru a spectrogram.

That would be great, Its why I posted it here as I am too stupid to use those tools :)
Just handing in data for the experts :)

Edit : I still have the UP if you need a Honk recording without music playing !

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom