Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not me... though I do note you could flog Thargoid Sensors (since that's the only thing which reportedly affects stations) from one anarchy faction, and deliver them via BM to another station in large quantities.

The UAs are the Thargoid Sensors. They have been re named since we now know what they are. You can go to one of the crashed ships and pick up the UAs now labeled as Thargoid Sensors.

So it should be changed to TS bombing instead of UA bombing. We know what the UAs are now. I wonder when they will change the flavor text in the CGs to match it.

I assume this is likely common knowledge, but the symbol on the Thargoid decal - the very centre of at least 2 I've seen are 100% identical to the Barnacle 'logo'. So they're absolutely Thargoid in nature.

bmSMX
bmSMX
wKG4Ps6.png

Edit: I see there is an excellent recap with this information already posted :) I've not been able to help much yet so kudos to all involved.

Edit: I wonder if those marking patterns are in any way linked to the layout of the Thargoid structures - they look somewhat similar.

Last edited:
Hello i'v posted an sound histogram from this post.

Has it be seen already ? :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/379241-DISCOVERY!!!?p=5953300&viewfull=1#post5953300

I've replied.

Basically: it was already known - it's just the image that's hidden inside the scans you get from the unknown site(s). It helped the community figure out how to 'use' the unknown artefact/probe and link to find all the other sites that are documented on the first page of this megathread

Huzzah : A fun evening of Science! research :)

I had my first two encounters with the Thargoids. At the same time I am trying out my new Beluga Research Vessel "Probe in Style".

The first encounter was interesting for a few points. My goal was to observe a bit of Thargoid activity around the wrecked ships, then try to hitch a ride on the Thargoid as it warped out. This last part of the plan involved using ship launched fighter and getting in front of the Thargoid as it was preparing to warp. The experiment was a complete success right up until the Thargoid ship ran into me... Important note: they don't like being interrupted when warping out. An exciting five minutes later I managed to get some good video of Thargoid combat on my mothership and a nice set of pics of Tharglets up close. They are very graceful as they rip apart my ship. The "tharglet?" looks like a possible cousin of the scavengers (glowing power source inside)

v9xpSBU.png

Note to self: Practice high-speed docking with the mothership.

I managed to get away with a rather harrowing escape with 3% hull remaining... good times!

The second encounter was interesting for a different reason. The Thargoid was attempting to tractor beam an Occupied Escape Pod, but it was stuck on the other side of the wrecked ship, so the Thargoid just sat there for 30 seconds with the tractor beam on, while I recorded it. I think it was embarrassed by its failure as it when hostile on me as soon as it gave up on the tractor beam. A quick reversal on my part and it calmed down again.

Lets see... what else... Oh yes. It appears that if you are within about 4.75km of the green cloud you are Mass Locked, so to escape you need to get away from the cloud.

This video and other pic is taking a long time to upload, so just one pic for now.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom