Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
not sure if my livestream worked.. cocked up i think..

location is here.. US system ,, but barnacles loacted on C2, with juicy forest at one site. location in pic.
https://i.imgur.com/502JiYr.png

We have i think 36 barnacles around a central massive barnacle.. that one has a few massive spikes which cant be destroyed.
Beyond the 36 are Scavengers roaming about, and many small tiny barnacle spikes around the outside.. It seems like the scavengers are growing them there.. or planting a forest of them!>.
Many scavengers

The site also has Thargoid fog , you see when approaching. much like US sites.

Really nice find! Thanks for sharing.
Just headed out there in Mobius and had my first hyperdiction en-route too. :)

I couldn't help but notice the spidery shape that the barnacles make as I drew closer - 8 arms with barnies dotted along them. Let's hope there's not some massive mothership growing just below the surface!

It appears that the morse code of the UA has changed. At least, from what I can see, the wireframe image for the Python has changed significantly.

Here’s the wireframe before 2.4:
bcoiuQN.jpg

Here’s the wireframe after 2.4:
0yKYjW9.jpg

We should investigate the UA morse in more detail, who knows what we’ll find.

So out of the 20~ times i went into the non-human signals i was attacked once, and that was because i got too close.

Another time had a thargoid scanner(or however they're called) and instead of just leaving me after scanning the initial scan, it kept following me without any colors. Turned red after a few seconds and deployed drones but didn't attack me yet. I jettisoned the thargoid scanner, it turned colorless again, grabbed the scanner and flew of to grind more mats for thargineers.

Flying a combat fitted conda, so seems like the way your ship is outfitted doesn't make them attack you.

Interesting stuff, no idea if something like this was documented already, just sharing my experiences.

P.S. did anybody dried discovery scanning a thargoing probe next to a thargoid ship?

I'm sure others are doing the same, but just wanted to pass along a tip of sorts from my exerience. After the first encounter, where I had to hang way back to prevent disturbing the Goid, I started parking my Anaconda five to six Km away and using my SLF to get in close. The Goid would still seem irked when I got close, but never hostile, and I was able to pretty much hang out very close, to the point that I bumped into them a few times.

Tested a UP honk with a Thargoid. Almost had a heart attack with the result, though it's probably just a result of bad luck with the positioning. Still, was fun though. :D

EDIT* Also this was the first encounter where the goid turned red/hostile on me straight away, must be because of the UP. He went neutral again after I dropped it.
[video=youtube_share;h-rzBJ6XuXM]https://youtu.be/h-rzBJ6XuXM[/video]

Last edited:
It gets ****** and destroys you and the items

That wrong! If you drop it, it dosnt attack you. It just destroyes the guardian stuff ( we tested all of them )
If you have Thargoid stuff like TS, TP or MA, it gives you the same warning, drop it and it will scop it in, if not it becomes hostile.

Tested a UP honk with a Thargoid. Almost had a heart attack with the result, though it's probably just a result of bad luck with the positioning. Still, was fun though. :D

EDIT* Also this was the first encounter where the goid turned red/hostile on me straight away, must be because of the UP. He went neutral again after I dropped it.
https://youtu.be/h-rzBJ6XuXM

I believe you found something important there. Did the thargoid immediatly jump after the UP pulse was released? If so, where was it heading?

If I might speculate: The fact the Thargoids we're encountering aren't outright hostile-on-sight of us suggests to me that these are the Oresrians. (Presuming the Klaxians live up to their reputation).

They tolerate us, and attack if provoked. Waving around Guardian artefacts in front of them -- something they are potentially vulnerable to, from the sounds of it -- is probably viewed as a provocation.

So, when Thargoid-effective weapons become available, let's save them for the actual outright hostile Thargoids. I doubt we can stop any science of "questionable ethics", or folks itching for a fight though.

---

If humanity is supposed to be between the Oresrians and the Klaxians, and the Oresrians are found in and around the Pleiades/Barnard's Loop area, then it stands to reason the Klaxians would be somewhere on the opposite end of the bubble...

I believe you found something important there. Did the thargoid immediatly jump after the UP pulse was released? If so, where was it heading?

if you look at my video a 2nd thargoid jumps in too.

EDIT: Sometimes I think people miss my posts completely. and then when someone else discovers it. its the next big thing

Currently at the barnie forest on Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81 C 2 (9.2943 -153.9208) and just had a thargoid drop buy to do its light show.

Thought for sure I saw reactive armour disappear off the contacts tab after the thargoid scanned it ,as if it picked it up. Testing now, will edit in footage if it turns out to be true.

Edit: It did not take it. My guess is that he turned and whacked the thing and broke it by mistake.

Last edited:
if you look at my video a 2nd thargoid jumps in too.

EDIT: Sometimes I think people miss my posts completely. and then when someone else discovers it. its the next big thing

Oh ok, didn't see that. In that case, was a matter of pure luck that another Thargoid jumped in, or maybe the UP pulse did attract it? Anyway, I believe it's worth testing again.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom