Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I hope it helps for the first linguistic catalog

image.png

Question about the barnacle forests: after you scan the uplink to reveal the barnacle location, is it supposed to show up on your nav panel? It didn't show up in mine but if I pointed my ship at the planet it would let me target it. Just wondering if this is what everybody else was experiencing as well.

if you look at my video a 2nd thargoid jumps in too.

EDIT: Sometimes I think people miss my posts completely. and then when someone else discovers it. its the next big thing
Just very convenient that it pops in right on the pulse....Could just be Luck but who knows right now...

IMO that really really looks like a "rank" system when all in a line like that....Its possible barni's are at the "Bottom" since they are used for collecting something?That or its just variants

If I might speculate: The fact the Thargoids we're encountering aren't outright hostile-on-sight of us suggests to me that these are the Oresrians. (Presuming the Klaxians live up to their reputation).

They tolerate us, and attack if provoked. Waving around Guardian artefacts in front of them -- something they are potentially vulnerable to, from the sounds of it -- is probably viewed as a provocation.

So, when Thargoid-effective weapons become available, let's save them for the actual outright hostile Thargoids. I doubt we can stop any science of "questionable ethics", or folks itching for a fight though.

---

If humanity is supposed to be between the Oresrians and the Klaxians, and the Oresrians are found in and around the Pleiades/Barnard's Loop area, then it stands to reason the Klaxians would be somewhere on the opposite end of the bubble...

A lot of you seem to forget that Thargoids are NOT hostile by nature

Question about the barnacle forests: after you scan the uplink to reveal the barnacle location, is it supposed to show up on your nav panel? It didn't show up in mine but if I pointed my ship at the planet it would let me target it. Just wondering if this is what everybody else was experiencing as well.

Havent left the site yet, but in my ship and 'Thargoid Barnacle' is displayed in the nav panel.

ed: The location was still listed in the nav panel as I left the planet. Last I checked I was .32Ls out.

Last edited:
And IIRC it was in a book where it was said. I dont remember which, but they only attacked us back in the day because of a trigger happy admiral
Wasnt that about one faction of goids tho? saying that they would have been peacefull to us if we didnt attack while the others were more aggressive?

Oh ok, didn't see that. In that case, was a matter of pure luck that another Thargoid jumped in, or maybe the UP pulse did attract it? Anyway, I believe it's worth testing again.
Yeah, I said it was probably just bad luck with the positioning. lol. I had a similar encounter last night when I dropped 4 meta alloys.
[video=youtube;Y_7emu9Pj_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_7emu9Pj_g[/video]
Im going to try the UP blast again just to see. Certain things might trigger the second goid to appear. Either that or its just random.

Got a tharg chasing me down to planetary surface. Wonder if I can make him crash. Watch this space for updates.

Edit: He gave up at 400 km above surface. I'll try with a smaller body.

Last edited:
For all we know they could be suffering from the same problem that the bugs did in Enders Game, they may not know we are all individual conscious beings. They might think we are our ships and are just a resource. Just like we treat their barnacles. I am willing to cut them some slack even if they have blown me up multiple times.

They could just be picking up survivors in a survival effort. They could also see how we humans treat each other and assume that we would only be out here to harm or profit from the death of fellow humans. Who knows what they think. They are aliens after all.

Last edited:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
So - about this thread....

Its already gone over Brett's forum limit of 10,000 posts, and as usual is the main focus of all things Alien....

The trouble is that there are multiple sides to the story and it does get confusing as they interweave each other in the big thread.

So, how about some dedicated threads to follow , for example;
- the messages the thargoids are sending during the encounters
- The collection behaviour
- aggression and what triggers it

etc.

There is a nice shiny new forum for Mysteries and Aliens, lets make use of it and break with the old way that was basically forced on us by the way the forums worked then.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Victor Charlie 420.
Command V Clara
Is this thread still active?
The last post before yours was in 2017. So clearly it's not.

And yet once again you necro a thread, despite having been asked not to previously, and despite it being against the forum rules.

The thread is no longer stickied and the post also explains how it will be replaced.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom