Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I've been harvesting around the oitside of the site and things seem normal. No floaters for me ;)

I've had materials float up and not come back down. I can't remember how close I was when this happened. I do know that when I was a bit further away that it didn't happen and they fell to the ground as normal. I've also had quite a few low gravity warnings but I just assumed that was normal.

Last edited:
For finding a potential light path connecting the towers, I think it's imprtant not to shoot of the shielding plates.
These may work s a guide or slit for a light beam.
They may give a hint to the direction of a beam.
We don't know if we are looking for a continous beam or separate beams towards a common target.

Lining up the slits from a ship is probably the easiest way to see the direction the beam may take.

I concur with all of the above, plus shooting them! :D

Trying everything to see what happens! They can be interacted with, so I interacted. If interacting doesn't work, then I'll go the passive route ;)

Still don't know how the obelisks fit into all this, if at all. Couldn't find any extra towers, but I have a vague feeling I did get them to pop on my very first visit, but it's all becoming a blur now, so it could be just wishful thinking.

The two relic towers inside the large compound did seem to roughly line up with the rising star this evening. By the time I had thought about this the star was a a bit high though - I suspect it would be best just after sunrise.

Recorded a few minutes of audio from the active obelisk at Stonehenge as well as audio coming out of the antenna near the landing pad. Ran them at varying speeds thru the spectrogram and could not find any patterns anywhere except something that looked like signals of three at 2x speed from the antenna. There's just nothing sticking out anywhere on the audio.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

More things learned tonight:

- The artifacts including the relic are destructible. They don't show any graphic, but they do pop.
- The noise from the antenna are directional, meaning they're unmistakably coming from them.
- The relics are hollow.
- I placed a relic near an active obelisk. Nothing happened.
- Placed two relics atop Stonehenge inbetween the two, four-sided obelisks. Nothing happened.
- The relic, when it is spawned with the antenna/monolith rising out of the ground, remains connected to the antenna until dislodged by turret/ship weapon fire. Removing the three "covers" around it woks just fine and the relic will stay in place, floating, in the center. There could be something to this. I tried manually scooping it up, jetting up to the top of the antenna in the SRV with the relic targetting but it would not go into cargo.

B

B

Excellent stuff! Good to know that all pillars can be removed. I was scared to try after spending so long getting it all set up for a light path!

Keeping one on seems to work far better in my head in terms of directing the light. But it could just as easily work with them on, or off.

If Moog was there at sunrise and nothing happened, then shooting them may be the key to getting the light path to happen.

Last edited:
I concur with all of the above, plus shooting them! :D

Trying everything to see what happens! They can be interacted with, so I interacted. If interacting doesn't work, then I'll go the passive route ;)

Still don't know how the obelisks fit into all this, if at all. Couldn't find any extra towers, but I have a vague feeling I did get them to pop on my very first visit, but it's all becoming a blur now, so it could be just wishful thinking.

The obelisks have three spinning 'Loading, please wait' icons. Perhaps one tower is not online?

I was taking some screenshots of the obelisks light pattern and suddenly it went dark. I drove around to find another obelisk in the same group lit up.
Same thing happened again and it lit a 3rd obelisk.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

I have one unusual observation at the site, I think it was more a bug / glitch than anything real but I'll post it here;

After scanning one of the active obelisks and having it go inactive, I shot it a few times with the SRV (not sure if from cockpit or turret) and it became active again! Re-Scanning gave an 'Already scanned' message, I can't remember exactly the wording but it was generic.

Could't repeat that on any other active obelisks, they all go dark after scanning and shooting them did not repeat activating them.

Last edited:
I was taking some screenshots of the obelisks light pattern and suddenly it went dark. I drove around to find another obelisk in the same group lit up.
Same thing happened again and it lit a 3rd obelisk.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Not without being scanned first, no.

Similar to the orb, then.

The more I look at this relic, looking at the center object lighting everything up, the more I think the relic itself is a triangular-shaped shell intended to fit inside something and powering it.

Anybody notice this yet? It's on the left side; glowy part. http://imgur.com/a/RqKKO

I am at the site, and I am not sure if it's a bug or intentional; but you know those "log gravity warnings" we get? Well, it looks like the site itself affects gravity!

We've certainly experienced the relics and ancient things forgetting gravity occasionally, just becoming weightless but still responding to physics. I had assumed it was a bug, but not sure anyone submitted it. Could be something interesting, if not.

Has anybody else noticed the odd things that the triangular shell of the relic does to its own light source? It's very odd. See-thru from the outside; reflective from the inside, viewing from underneath it. It's also shutting the light source of whatever that small roundish object is inside it.

The obelisks have three spinning 'Loading, please wait' icons. Perhaps one tower is not online?

Yep. Possibly!

Something is missing from the equation. Unfortunately that 6.9 days long cycle slows testing down a bit!
There are definately only the four towers. Only 3 can connect a light path, so technically one is offline. I have no idea how to get it online!

Mistery in Takurua System - Anomalous Signal

https://youtu.be/avFAE5O5_GY
Sem_titulo.png

Last edited:
I am at the site, and I am not sure if it's a bug or intentional; but you know those "log gravity warnings" we get? Well, it looks like the site itself affects gravity!
I went a few km out and looked around, and I found a few outcrops that I thought I'd harvest. Within about 2km from the site, the materials seem to float up and towards the site, and they never fall back down. Outside of 2km they behave normally!

Can someone please double-check this, to make sure I am not just experiencing some instance bug? Thanks!

EDIT: I cannot get it to replicate, and another CMDR who tried reported "all systems normal", so I think I may have experienced a bug. Will keep checking the surrounding area.

I definitely reported floaty mysterious thing, I even reported it as a bug to find out whether or not it's intentional.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom