Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried, firing a beam laser, or a mining laser in that side of the "hill"?

Or does the light of the star line up with that side of the hill at some point? Could someone calculate the time when that wil happen so we can watch what will happen on that date? ;)

So the data points at dav's hope seem to tell a story of miners experiencing huge "quakes" as they phrase it, so bad "it felt like the entire planet was coming down on us"

Communication between the site "Lucy Minneux" and a "Nicholas Baker" continue arguing about shutting the site down.

Then this Nicholas Baker order the site to be shut down, and all confidential materials to be taken to "alpha site"

Have also experienced gravity changes on the planet, while in the SRV i get warnings of low gravity intermittently

Also happening at the Ruins site. This IS big. I thought that that might have been a bug, but not so.

You win FDev, you win. I'm impressed.

Does this still hold with the 'bottom left' only starting on Column 3, and with Column 1 seemingly used as a border (0)?

Nvm

btw, I've edited my post above a little for precision.

ok, I understood what you means.
that way was not good also because any word should not contain the same letter more than one time (= too restrictive) and letters has to be in alphabetic order (very unlikely)
My idea was to consider the Columns as frequency repetitions of specific letters to be re-arranged in a 9,4,6 three word name.
So, the first column was [1] (nd not [1 1 1] because you have to plot the sun top and bottom into the nonogram) and means that the letter naming the first column ("a" or other letter if shift has to be considered) has to be taken 1 time and so on...
All this stuff didn't work for me, but if someone elese would like ti try.... well appreciated....

Thanks for clearing that up!
I took one of them far away from the base and you are right. it suddenly shows up.

The same time I took a relic with me and noticed something while staring at it:

Is it pulsing morse?

https://youtu.be/jESw63OX-WU

Awesome, can you pass the raw footage through a filter to get rid of the glare?

@Slahsgoh - I'm trying to rep, but you've had too much already!!

Last edited:
Around the last planet is a POI in space called "PIRATES ATTACKING FEDERATION"

If you enter it it seems that there is a disabled federal ferragut with the pirate ferragut joining in eventually. I guess this is similar to a Threat level 4 distress beacon poi? However, maybe something happens if you help the pirates or the feds? I dunno, I'm just in a lowly asp.

Interesting... The message from Laklano reads: "CONDANI - PROVOCATIONHAZARD - AB 1 = MILITARYCHECKPOINT" so I decided to fly by AB 1's checkpoint. After leaving it, I saw a fixed POI that I thought was called "Debris Field". Unfortunately, I got interdicted and after I made it out I couldn't find it again. Anyone else see that POI? I had kinda written it off as a tourist destination, but now I wonder.

So the data points at dav's hope seem to tell a story of miners experiencing huge "quakes" as they phrase it, so bad "it felt like the entire planet was coming down on us"

Communication between the site "Lucy Minneux" and a "Nicholas Baker" continue arguing about shutting the site down.

Then this Nicholas Baker order the site to be shut down, and all confidential materials to be taken to "alpha site"

Have also experienced gravity changes on the planet, while in the SRV i get warnings of low gravity intermittently

To add to this.. and this may be my ignorance I don't normally scan data points...

I scanned a nearby data point (could be random spawn)

it gave me a waypoint in the same system 22,700ish LS away

Search Zone: Crash Site

As soon as I entered supercruise it disappeared however.. I also got a mission update message that didn't actually show up in my messages.. could be totally unrelated

I also got a wetwork mission, as did another cmdr scouting the dav's hope area

both were assassination missions in HIP 17568 (very close) , but it timed out very quick and I was in my harmless Asp..

I am heading back in my battleconda

Last edited:
Wow...That is huge...That means, the things happening at the ruins are not bugs...

Same thing here.
I am currently in a srv and i have heard/seen lot of warnings "low gravity alert". Other players on zone have it too.

---------

For those who search the base and have some trouble with finding the good long/lat, the base is near the two mountains :
1478095888-20161102141719-1.jpg
It's almost at the center of the circle if i am not wrong.

Unfortunately, my idea was build around the 9,4,6 letter long three words region name and was reinforced when I foud that Region/Sector and Dark are 6 and 4 letters long, so we miss the 9 word name. Then, I found that Dark and Sector/Region don't fit any shift of a - z for naming the 26 column due to the impossibility to put the "r" over a "2 letters" column and getting the "o" with something different from "0 letters".

Formidine Rift Region ? 9 + 4 + 6

Rifters are already searching an area tirelessly for confirmation to a vague clue. It is the area EAFOTS and it comes from when Salome's cobra was decommissioned and it sent out a final message. Perhaps we should look on EDSM.net and peel through the system data in EAFOTS and see if we have a system that matches. Even if we search EAFOTS for any system with a celestial body 4C.

This is the last of our current problem.
It can be something related to the Rift, but we are still unable to solve the lower part of the nonogram.
Resuming:

- Higher part is clearly a star system map
- It is high likely that the unefined gliph between star and planet 1 is the mark for am asteroid belt that could be drawn in three different way:
<
> or
>
< or
<
<

- The lower part has too many valid solutions (5k+) so unlikely we have to find the correct one to solve the puzzle. Other interprepations may be applied to the X and Y datas drawing the lower part (5 rows and 25 columns in total)

I think that when we will solve the puzzle we got a region name and a star map, so we would traver lo that region and searching for the right system.

Hope new idea will arise soon...

Last edited:
Maybe if we all play "The Great Gig in the Sky" from our SRV's the base will power up ? ( imagine that, playing music from the SRV's that's audible to other players, no actually, scrap that idea, I'm sure most players have crap taste in music :p )

Also happening at the Ruins site. This IS big. I thought that that might have been a bug, but not so.

You win FDev, you win. I'm impressed.

SRV saying Low gravity for no reason is normal. its warning you of low gravity. it does it on most planets with low grav.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
SRV saying Low gravity for no reason is normal. its warning you of low gravity. it does it on most planets with low grav.
Yes, but before 2.2      ing Betty would only say it when you deployed your SRV, not at random places on the planet. So, maybe it's normal for her do it in 2.2, or there could be something else at play that we haven't figured out yet.

i think the powerdrain thing is a bit of a turn to the left that isnt going to hold the mystery

Excellent work, CMDR!

The rays point to the central structure, backing up my idea it represents a star - since rays coming out of a prism denote the material with a star, would it be possible to look at the different rays that come out of the pyramid in-game and calculate the stars composition, thereby rounding down what star type it could be?

Just a shot in the dark, I am no astronomy buff so hopefully one of you can decide if it's possible.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I know the planet tidally locked but could we need to wait for some kind of conjunction for it to power up all by itself ? - lots of the other clues seem to only happen at a certain time of the hour, what about longer time periods ? those images are definitely counting down to something :) My money is still on a long range transportation mechanism - i.e. an orange swirly thing in space appears over the "landing pad" at certain times of the "year" and we all boost through in our waiting ships to.......

Has this been done yet: get all four emitters/monoliths up, then get a CMDR on each part that lights up the obelisk data server and see what happens?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Can I ask a question about the nonogram, which may well be stupid, but is glaringly obvious to me. Why is the vertical (yankee) going horizontal and the horizontal (X-ray) going vertical?

The same time I took a relic with me and noticed something while staring at it:

Is it pulsing morse?

You never know you could be right. One thing to note is that when the relic is sat in the pillar the pulses on it correspond to the object inside it moving up and down. I'm not sure whether it's just the same thing here.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom