Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
It was suggested that frontier add barnacles / meta alloys to jaques and other nebula in deep space, as of yet it hasnt happened, some opportunity lost on that one

Who suggested it and how do you know they aren't already there? The ones that were discovered in the California nebula had been there all along, as had the ones outside of the nebula where the Feds made one of their bases.

None. "Presumed to be".

There is a huge difference between "which I presume to be from" and "which we all presume to be from". If this is your theory please make it clearer that is the case, otherwise you're likely to mislead people. Even if it's more widely repeated something like "some/many people think" is better than just "presumed to be" (which is what Wikipedia call "weasel words" though they'd level the same charge at "some people think"). Notice how Lord Noob essentially restated the theory as fact? We want to avoid that happening if at all possible.

Last edited:
I checked out open near the site last night, albeit briefly. Met a fellow scientist and friended them.
But then my SRV was chased away by a Cobra. He got bored and logged before he could destroy me. :p

It's a repeated statement in several places, based on "FDev hints" however I didn't locate the source so yes, might be a rumor that just got repeated too often.

It was repeated a lot in the ' The Thargoid discussion thread now with extra Thargoids !!!' thread. :D

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
For Thargoids' sake, man. Get out of Open to do these things. What is it that makes you desperately cling to the notion that Open is where you need to be???

Cheerz

Because it's entertaining, because you meet new people and because it's fun. I did the Buckyball run to Sag A* (at the time when the self proclaimed Queen was there), flew over 25k Ly and then met 2 Cmdrs who were on their own separate journeys and happened to end up there at the same time :D

It's awesome!

Maybe it doesn't fit the storyline instead of being a lost opportunity?

Good point, but one could propose the counter point that barnacles appear to be naturally occouring "life" and appear in quite a few nebulas now. Then again they have added other organic life all over the galaxy in a non descript way ( corals and seaweeds i call em) so perhaps thats a nod to those ideas and just implemented in a different way. So i seceed youre point and put forward a proposal for more varied and interesting but widespread organic and natural content going forward if frontier are looking for a good idea to make deep space more interesting without making it non natural

so while you guys were busy mapping out every last dust-particle at the ruins i might have pinpointed the location of something we could not have found yet in 2.1
(i'm talking about the Gamescom message location where we see the dead white cobra)
if anyone's interested in the possibility of where it is:

Pretty sure I've found your system a couple over.

Skybox is pretty much an exact match in Asterope, which even has the big blue star

Who suggested it and how do you know they aren't already there? The ones that were discovered in the California nebula had been there all along, as had the ones outside of the nebula where the Feds made one of their bases.

as far as jaques nebula, which is now colonia, the 2x dryooe nebula have been extensively searched by about 200 of us for months with no sign. I could be wrong, we had cannon, CCN and many others assisting and we havent found any sign of barnacles and before 2.1 no sign of anything other than deep space rocks.

Id love to be proven wrong though

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

It was repeated a lot in the ' The Thargoid discussion thread now with extra Thargoids !!!' thread. :D

These ruins could still be the missing human generation ships from the last 1100 ingame years, all the descriptions are of ancient civilisations ( that signals to me in the wording something human)

I think it would work better if the trailers were supposed to be some kind of Galnet news report. Of course, this would assume that the actual players would never be the first to discover something (whoever captured the video would) but they should be able to write a way around it.

I think it would be really cool if some Galnet articles had links to supporting video-maybe held on the livestream server?

Omg this thread is so broken! Where can I get a refund!? :p

Seriously though, why put Gamma at the end. Also "Scane".

Maintaining this thread has to be a full time job. [big grin][up]

Sometimes I do some fast cut'n paste from relevant posts, to check later for spelling/wording.
It's good to know that someone is checking too, to "lighten the burden"...

To get a refund, follow the instructions:
Refund_o_124191.webp

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Everything is way too triangular, not nearly enough octagons for it to be... THEM ;) :p

I agree. I don't think this is something from the Thargoids.
I do think the the owners/builders have been notified now that their site has been found :)

Last edited:
This was posted (I think to reddit) but it's the best source I've seen for the glowing symbols... (bonus points for being able to slow it down).
https://gfycat.com/AbleEnergeticElephantbeetle

---

In terms of the markings on the beacons, I checked 3 of them and they all seemed the same. But I forgot to get images :(.

Panels are numbered left to right 1->3.

Side One (facing opposite ~060 degrees):
1) A large triangle facing Right with 3 small triangles along the outside of the top & bottom edges. The top 3 are broadly spaced a X-X---X setup, the bottom 3 are equally spaced.
2) Panel 1 flipped upside down.
3) blank.

Side Two:
1) A large triangle facing left with 2 columns of triangles above it (each column has 2 triangles).
2) Panel 1 flipped upside down.
3) Blank.

Side Three:
1) Blank.
2) The same as side 2, panel 1.
3) Blank.

12 9 19 20 5 14 12 15 3 1
20 9 15 14 5 18 1 22 1 20
5 20 9 13 5 10 12 9 19 20
5 14 12 15 3 1 20 9 15 14
12 1 22 5 20 9 13 5 30 3
12 21 5 4 Charlie

My translation of that is (A=1, B=2 etc with the occasional special):

Listen Location Eravate Time 10
Listen Location Lave time 30
Clue 4C

There's also satellites in Eravate and Lave, though they message at :30 and :10 instead of 10 and 30 like the message.

They put out number sequences which I can't translate:

Eravate:
X-ray

Lave:
Yankee

Some pauses between the numbers seem longer than others, but it's hard (for me) to exactly match it.

There's two more satellites in Achenar and Gateway, but they play the same message as the one in Sol (starting at :40 and :18 respectively), so it's really 3 starting points for the same puzzle.

I'm stumped. Anyone got any bright ideas?

The messages repeat a few times for the Sol/Achenar/Gateway one and twice for the Eravate/Lave ones.

You have to be within 1000ly to see the satellites in the list. This puzzle was around in Beta in various forms (this is the form it took in late beta and to my knowledge no-one cracked it).

I haven't been to the beacons to get the source code, but could you clear something up for us?...

Are the line breaks in the transmissions, or are they added from posting on here?

These ruins could still be the missing human generation ships from the last 1100 ingame years, all the descriptions are of ancient civilisations ( that signals to me in the wording something human)

Even if they hit a wormhole and ended up there a thousand years ago, it would be a stretch to call it ancient. I'm not buying it.

Everything is way too triangular, not nearly enough octagons for it to be... THEM ;) :p

Interesting fact the church of THEM refers to satanists in the real world, heres an idea could it be an ancient human lost colony that made contact with thargoids and them worshipped them as god creatures, now that could be one interestign twist

Was mistaken in my previous post about the "pillars" showing up in Contacts. The 'pillars' are the 3 small posts at the top of each relic-supporting obelisk. It's strange that these show up as their own entities on the Contacts pane, and are targetable separately.

Maybe it's just a hint to indicate "hey stupid! this obelisk can be shot to get at the relic inside!".. but to be honest people were always going to try that once they saw the relic being targetable. I did wonder if something could be done by shooting the 3 pillars at each obelisk, leaving the relic in place but free-floating (they seem to bob once freed) and then something could be done to activate them (ship honk? simultaneous scan of all 4 obelisks at once?) We have tried simultaneous scans of them, but not when the relics were freed of the pillars.

(to be henceforth known as crazy theory #233218)

Even if they hit a wormhole and ended up there a thousand years ago, it would be a stretch to call it ancient. I'm not buying it.

My only retort is Fdev have stated season 2 storyline revolves heavily around the unfolding story of "the missing" and less so around the thargoids, taken at face value, i would expect we will get more content around the missing and only a small amount around thargoids though i could be wrong.

Last edited:

Michael Brookes

Game Director
I reckon ol MB and braben are pretty annoyed at how fast this stuff was found, it took them months to prepare and sort out the storyboard and in a few days it was unearthed. Guess they need to give more credit to their playerbase when it comes to problem solving and cartographics. Perhaps next time use the entire galaxy and not something close to home? It seems Frontier are seriously out of touch with their playerbase on exploration.

I usually expect you guys to find things quickly, it's when you don't that I start to worry :) Besides this is just the first step...

Michael

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom