Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The two crashes are not quite identical, some of the debris doesn't quite match.

But it probably is a glitch, I'm guessing they seeded more crash sites across the galaxy and this one got mixed up with another.

They are: just shifted/rotated each other. But the pieces are in the same place for each wreck. Same 3d scene ;)
There are other images, check the previous posts...

Even if not identical (I doubt it) you just need to imagine two ships falling in the same place, leaving the same trace on the ground, and breaking in the same number of pieces, same shapes, exactly :D
Well, they are alien ships for sure then, with unknown features :D

Last edited:
Come to think of it, we have a third player with these ruins. Even accounting for a thousand year gap, humanity wouldn't be able to produce such structures, it's too different from our way of thinking. Even if influenced by alien tech, there would still be several design elements that would identify them as of human origin, as we would use retro engineered tech in our own designs, not adapt such a alien one. These seriously look like Necron stuff, I can smell an eldritch race even from my basement. The rugged look indicates a great age, way more than a mere millenium. That is why, I propose calling them Tombs

1232308858_72927_1.jpg

Last edited:
Come to think of it, we have a third player with these ruins. Even accounting for a thousand year gap, humanity wouldn't be able to produce such structures, it's too different from our way of thinking. Even if influenced by alien tech, there would still be several design elements that would identify them as of human origin, as we would use retro engineered tech in our own designs, not adapt such a alien one. These seriously look like Necron stuff, I can smell an eldritch race even from my basement. The rugged look indicates a great age, way more than a mere millenium. That is why, I propose calling them Tombs

http://prowh.ru/uploads/posts/2009-01/1232308858_72927_1.jpg

Ah, alien outhouse.

Cmdr Ashley Wilkinson and I checked out the barnacles again. There are some new features with it. New cracks forming around them on the ground. Growing more?

http://i.imgur.com/tccxPnp.jpg

I made the same picture (almost) yesterday in 2.1 since it was my very first time there...so we can compare.

What changed the most is the lighting and the textures (in the entire game), so don't think there is more to it than that.

Check it out.

Barnacles in 2.1 (from yesterday)
Srx5NQQ.png

I made the same picture (almost) yesterday in 2.1 since it was my very first time there...so we can compare.

What changed the most is the lighting and the textures (in the entire game), so don't think there is more to it than that.

Check it out.

Barnacles in 2.1 (from yesterday)
http://i.imgur.com/Srx5NQQ.png

Actually there is a lot more different. Look directly at the ground around the barnacle and around the stalks around it. There are cracks and discoloration surrounding them all now. Mine happened to have a slight flicker in game with the textures so I can assure you that it is the barnacle itself and not the ground textures. There is more detail in the barnacle and stalks than before. And it also might be a little taller. Hard to say for sure.

Actually there is a lot more different. Look directly at the ground around the barnacle and around the stalks around it. There are cracks and discoloration surrounding them all now. Mine happened to have a slight flicker in game with the textures so I can assure you that it is the barnacle itself and not the ground textures. There is more detail in the barnacle and stalks than before. And it also might be a little taller. Hard to say for sure.

Can't log in now so I'm going to check that out ASAP. I was planning in doing so but there are some issues as of now sadly...Thargoids probably. :p

hmmm am i the only one (or did i just miss the discussion) that the "guardians" logotype looks very much like the ruins in the trailer?
View attachment 112523

I said a few days ago the guardians will be another alien race (perhaps extinct perhaps not) and their tech is what we will need to fight the Thargoids.

The Thargoids I would imagine will come back meaner and more advanced than before......

Nobody ever listens to me they think I'm crazy....*pulls hip flask of bourbon and a digestive from lab coat....starts mumbling and shuffles off.....*

:p

Offtopic, I've got some serious performance hit (from 40 fps in 2.1 to around 18 fps now, low-mid settings) regardless of the settings or my wherebouts. Anyone experiencing sth similar ? I guess alien entities infiltraded my pc...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom