Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not sure of any relevance but the FSD event scans with plasma arms sticking out from the top of the alien craft. The barnacle event seems to use a tractor beam from the bottom of the craft. The arms aren't really used until the craft opens a 'wormhole'. Certainly this event gives insight into the anatomy of the ship.

Would be handy to have a base in Eta Carina if we find a few more ruins & want to coordinate a search - but not if we had to leave the Gnosis there until 2.5.

Do we know if docked CMDRs move with the ship? Would be a fun way to organise trips to remote areas :)

We believe we'll be able to move it once a week, and we think docked Cmdrs will move with it. To be confirmed, obviously.

Can we focus on how we should engage contact with the Unknown Ships? Once they become unscripted, shouldn't we be trying to collectively communicate with them? We need the fleets of science vessels! The research must be done!

We believe we'll be able to move it once a week, and we think docked Cmdrs will move with it. To be confirmed, obviously.

I'm was wondering mainly because of the roll playing aspects & 'keeping it real';
a) Will CMDRs have to band together from time to time to help refuel the Gnosis or does she have a very large fuel scope(s)? I ask as there was a CG to fuel Jaques station before she left and while the Gnosis is not a station she will have to be refueled and replenished from time to time?
b) It's my understanding mega and capital ships travel shower in witch space as they are forced to use the older drive technology due to there size, if so will the Gnosis take the appropriate time while traveling over large distances?

soz if these questions have been asked before.

Can we focus on how we should engage contact with the Unknown Ships? Once they become unscripted, shouldn't we be trying to collectively communicate with them? We need the fleets of science vessels! The research must be done!
"Gary? Why are all these humans honking and flashing lights at our ship?" *shrugs* *puffs* "Ayy Lmao." "Figures."

As much as I hate having timed things, I feel that for this type of event it should be at a regular interval, especially if it's something that is only spawned on an instance change. Being in MC, you can't use SRV so if that's is how this event is triggered then anybody who wants to do MC can't experience this. If it was set up as an hourly or every other hour type of thing, people could know where to be and you could get it in any mode.

As much as I hate having timed things, I feel that for this type of event it should be at a regular interval, especially if it's something that is only spawned on an instance change. Being in MC, you can't use SRV so if that's is how this event is triggered then anybody who wants to do MC can't experience this. If it was set up as an hourly or every other hour type of thing, people could know where to be and you could get it in any mode.
Come see the Thargoids! Shows every hour! Be sure to tip your waitress!

Come see the Thargoids! Shows every hour! Be sure to tip your waitress!

Right, I don't know though if these are refueling stations you'd think they'd get regular use, nonetheless, they are interacting and taking something so you'd think different ships would do them at different times. And since we know where they will be why not set up so they can have certain intervals. Especially if these thing only trigger on instance changes.

Greetings, not sure if it's a bug. I dismissed my ship and now only have the option to leave 'settlement 317' in red as an option.

Edit : I dropped my cargo of two meta alloys canisters and now it is offering ' leave settlement 346m' instead.

Edit again, distance to move in m's before ship could be recalled

That is the usual message you get when you've entered a trespass/security zone.

Sure. Let us just make sure that Harry Potter isn't the one trying to convey our message to the aliens.

Sure. Let us just make sure that Harry Potter isn't the one trying to convey our message to the aliens.

Might be too late. From Formidine Rift thread https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_co...ALxEym269IPjfBo5dGLTvxXTFLhNNCbCqjKebCgElb9ig

According to the YT description this guy fired 6 torpedoes, lasered it, and UP bombed it

edit: Cmdr HP has had an encounter starting at 27minutes
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/148859760?t=38m54s&desktop-redirect=true

Hypothesis: Haven't watched it all yet, but looks to me at 29 minutes after the flowership has harvested that the MA and other mineral pods are still on the barnacle spikes. which implies the "harvesting event" is not collecting the materials but is perhaps just concerned with the energy beam link to the barnacle. I think I've speculated before that the barnacle has some form of energy source due to it's glow (& maybe the "fireflies"), so perhaps this is a refuelling event. The apparent collection of material from the surface may be happenstance & due to the flowership's anti-gravity drive.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked at the crash sites and the other alien ruins if Barnacles are getting something maybe they are too?

Was passing through the Vela dark region just now and may have stumbled upon some undiscovered alien ruins.

System name is Vela Dark Region WT-R B4-3

Planet B1 contains 1 ruin
Planet B2 contains 2 ruins

Both planets came up as undiscovered on my system map

Is there some kind of list I can check this against?

I would like to say that I was looking for ruin sites specifically but in all honesty I wasn't, I literally chose a system to travel to at random and this system happened to be on my route.

I would have stayed and scanned but I lost my SRV a few hundred light years back.

Either way I hope it helps towards solving the mystery.

It looks like Cmdr IAMF1 has reported this on:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...698000&usg=AFQjCNGWhSxche38cvFd6-Zenbam2-uShA
I have got the obelisk count after surveying these 3 sites but can't edit the entries (of course).
Can any Cannon members do this?
Vela Dark Region WT-R B4-3 B 1 gamma site survey
Active obelisks: E6 / F2,7 / H6,8,15,42,51 / L5,10 / M6,7 / N5,10 / O1 / P7,17 / Q6 / R5,20
http://imgur.com/a/Yi3IA
Note: my overhead pictures don't look the same as those linked in the report, mine look like they have many more obelisks.
Vela Dark Region WT-R B4-3 B 2 gamma site survey
Active obelisks: H23,25,30,51,37 / R4,23 / F2,15 / C10,14 / Q6 / A14,7 / P7,14 / E6 / N7,13
http://imgur.com/a/v35Lk
Vela Dark Region WT-R B4-3 B 2 beta site survey
Active obelisks: H10 / L1 / M1 / D9 / E26,6 / Q1 / R6,26
http://imgur.com/a/v8wBL

seeing as quite a few players have shot at them dont expect them to be inviting you round, it probably will end in war. First we raided the barnacles then all the things we could find stealing probes etc, now we shoot at em. Doesn't look good does it?

Last edited:
Or some idiot shot up their karaoke bar and they need to repair it.

I don't think they have a karaoke bar in their scout ships, and that's the only ship other people have seen/shot at.

Edit: I do however believe the structure we saw in the pax east trailer was a downed thargoid capital ship. So either the thargoids would want to fix it, or they're building a new one and need a lot of meta-alloys to do it.

Last edited:
I've been hanging around for 4 hours at OI-T C3-7 and so far nothing….

Never been hyperdicted either.

Beginning to wonder if I need to change my aftershave.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom