Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This one : https://goo.gl/forms/hlTKZGGQU2jaoqSH2 (1 response, so if you want to start another you won't lose much!)

I can see with the rarity of these why so little responses but at the same time, I think we all need to start to spread out to more areas than just the one site. It seems like everybody is going to this one system, we need CMDRS in all systems with barnacles trying to get this event to trigger. Spent a day out in California at a site, swithching modes for about 30 minutes, then I just let it run for 6 hours and still nothing.

Really mad that I didn't push the record button with my only experience. I thought I had but came back to see that, alas, I was wrong. Was so mad at myself.

Last edited:
I know people people are loving being able to get these close of video of the ship, but why is no one looking at the barnacle? Does it look any different during the encounter?

Right, I don't know though if these are refueling stations you'd think they'd get regular use, nonetheless, they are interacting and taking something so you'd think different ships would do them at different times. And since we know where they will be why not set up so they can have certain intervals. Especially if these thing only trigger on instance changes.

It would be easy to justify a regular schedule for these events if this is a big gathering operation, and we are seeing the drones collecting resources before heading back to the central dropoff. Or to assume the insectoid analogy, the bees gathering nectar before taking it back to the hive :)

It would be easy to justify a regular schedule for these events if this is a big gathering operation, and we are seeing the drones collecting resources before heading back to the central dropoff. Or to assume the insectoid analogy, the bees gathering nectar before taking it back to the hive :)

I think for this particular event a schedule would be awesome. We know we they are going to be there. So why not instead of it being random or based upon instance, just set a few times during the day they would come and refuel then let us come and watch, have little viewing parties...like the independence day scenes. Maybe they can even evolve it so later down the line once we get familiar with the schedule and certain behaviour that may be they can add another variant that might cause damage or something.

It could be that the meta-alloys are a by-product of the energy (or whatever is being collected) generation. Just because the alloys are useful to us doesn't mean they're of interest to them.

Yes, this is my point. IF the MA/other materials on the barney spikes are not being harvested then there is no resource conflict as the basis for war. Moreover the flowership event would not be "harvesting" as we understand the term, it could be "refuelling" the flowership, or it could perhaps be the flowership "refuelling" the barney. We don't yet know enough about the processes involved, we need more science!

Yes, this is my point. IF the MA/other materials on the barney spikes are not being harvested then there is no resource conflict as the basis for war. Moreover the flowership event would not be "harvesting" as we understand the term, it could be "refuelling" the flowership, or it could perhaps be the flowership "refuelling" the barney. We don't yet know enough about the processes involved, we need more science!

That's what I've been thinking! I believe the barnacles to be resource extractors and refineries for fuel. The spikes and MA's could be byproducts of the extraction or refining process contaminating the earth. It would explain the fact that Corrosion Resistant Racks made from MA's would be resistant to the UA's. They'd be of the same organic structure as the Unknown Ships and the UA's themselves. Been doing a lot of research out of my weaponless DBX ��

CMDR MadRaptor
1) Still sitting on the ground at Witch head sector LC-V C2-10 which is a double. Been logging between groups like you said for 2000->2100 last night and nothing. Now I did walk away from my computer between 0530h to 1210h game time but nothing moved. Going to stay for a while more but at least out here don't think they are turning up.

2) re times of encounters I went through every video on YouTube and a few other streaming services and these are the ruff times I got (all times are in game time)

Uploaded on the 1st: 00:20, 03:30, 04:30, 05:30, 06:30
Uploaded on the 2nd: 00:20, 03:30, 05:30,05:49, 06:09, 06:02, 06:10, 07:33, 10:00, 10:33, 10:51, 11:22, 12:58, 21:10*, 22:27*

The times are based on the ingame clock as seen in the videos, some times I can get a time before the encounter or after. Not checked for any more uploaded videos since but will check later

Last edited:
CMDR MadRaptor
1) Still sitting on the ground at Witch head sector LC-V C2-10 which is a double. Been logging between groups like you said for 2000->2100 last night and nothing. Now I did walk away from my computer between 0530h to 1210h game time but nothing moved. Going to stay for a while more but at least out here don't think they are turning up.

2) re times of encounters I went through every video on YouTube and a few other streaming services and these are the ruff times I got (all times are in game time)

Uploaded on the 1st: 00:20, 03:30, 04:30, 05:30, 06:30
Uploaded on the 2nd: 00:20, 03:30, 05:30,05:49, 06:09, 06:02, 06:10, 07:33, 10:00, 10:33, 10:51, 11:22, 12:58, 21:10*, 22:27*

The times are based on the ingame clock as seen in the videos, some times I can get a time before the encounter or after. Not checked for any more uploaded videos since but will check later

Appears to just be random then, shame. It seems like steady pattern at first but then it gets quicker and quicker. Interesting. The switching thing could still take forever. I honestly think the best is getting into open where the most cmdrs can come in and out, because each new cmdr ups the chances of the event occuring, sadly, doing that just opens the doors for the griefers.

It's my belief that the UnknownArtefacts are propulsion for the Thargoid vessels.
http://i.imgur.com/eGHxtPf.jpg
I tried my best to explain everything in my picture.
The orange trail does come directly from the possible UA's, and the engines create the gravitational distortion which is their way of travel. So the possible UA's are almost certainly engines - just are they actually UA's?

Looking at the vids frame by frame, it seems to me that the intense beam goes from the barnie to the ship.

I've waited from 14h30 to 18h30 at Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6 -42.78° -21.71 and nothing... the times i am giving are GMT+1 (Paris time that is GMT+2 in summer). another session 20h20 to 21:44 GMT+1

Last edited:
I wonder how deep the barnacles go into the ground (I mean in lore, not just the model that you can clip through the planet surface to see) - who knows what it's actually tapping into. The barnacles might just be a kind of side effect of a different process?

Appears to just be random then, shame. It seems like steady pattern at first but then it gets quicker and quicker. Interesting. The switching thing could still take forever. I honestly think the best is getting into open where the most cmdrs can come in and out, because each new cmdr ups the chances of the event occuring, sadly, doing that just opens the doors for the griefers.

I didn't break it down by site tbh so there might be something in the timers idea. I'm thinking if you want a good chance get to one of the sites active sites around 0530 or 1000h and stay for an hour.

PaulR, were you in the same instance or switching from time to time?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom