Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So the idiots are infiltrating Mobius again.

Anyway as I'm back in port having been shot to bits - saw two visitors today at 10:30 and 12:24 game time at the Pleides Sector OI-T site - but then nothing.
Could be because the spikes got trashed at 2pm but couple of us jumped to SC and returned around 7pm and still no more visits.

Me too: off to find somewhere quieter

Last edited:
Currently sitting at the twin barnacle site at Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 1 (25.3286, 25.5308). Just picked a random site from a list. Got all systems powered off except for life support on my DBX. In it for the long watch, so have to make the fuel last. Good thing I shelled out for the survival onesie, getting pretty chilly in here.

Will report if anything happens.

Was there yesterday. Very pretty spot, what with the other small planet so close. Was nobody there at all in Mobius or Open for the 3 hours I was there. May head back over there, not much going on at OI-T C3-7 A.

Will definitely bring a hot flask of tea and some biscuits this time :)

So, has anyone seen the Flowership visit a Barnacle in Solo or Private Group?

I have only managed to see it in Open, and that of course has many risks....[knocked out]

Been switch between MobPVE, Solo and another private group for about 6 hours on Pleiades Secotr OI-T C3-7. We know that open got a visit. MadRaptor is in one of the instances being a real trooper, he's not moving untill he see's it again.

I'm starting to think these a bug with private groups and long running instances.

Been sitting in solo at the Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A6 site for almost 15hrs now. Haven't seen squat.

Yes, I spent many hours in Solo/Private Group without any success...

Went into Open and first attempt....[alien] (I dismissed my ship in Solo and entered Open in just my SRV at first.)

I was lucky and got in an instance with a great bunch of Commanders, lots of fun and hijinks, no destruction.
Had a great time and met some fantastic people.

Last edited:
Yes, I spent many hours in Solo/Private Group without any success...

Went into Open and first attempt....[alien]

I was lucky and got in an instance with a great bunch of Commanders, lots of fun and hijinks, no destruction.
Had a great time and met some fantastic people.
Lucky you, every time I go into Open during one of these "events" I usually end up at the rebuy screen within 30 seconds of loading in...

So, has anyone seen the Flowership visit a Barnacle in Solo or Private Group?

I have only managed to see it in Open, and that of course has many risks....[knocked out]

Yep me in private ( only me in it, I have no friends ) in Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A6 after being in open at site with 6-10 other CMDR's for about 2 hr's. Been switching back and forth for a day now and not happen again, might try again later, so it does happen in private, well at lest once for me. P.S. I have not had contact with these visitors before in case anyone wants to known.

Cheers CMDR WARDSE

So the idiots are infiltrating Mobius again.

Anyway as I'm back in port having been shot to bits - saw two visitors today at 10:30 and 12:24 game time at the Pleides Sector OI-T site - but then nothing.
Could be because the spikes got trashed at 2pm but couple of us jumped to SC and returned around 7pm and still no more visits.

There have not been any idiots in Mobius. People got bored and eventually the site became a mess of trashed tendrils or whatever they are called. However, I suggested we all leave the instance and return so that the site might be regenerated and I left the instance. When I returned the site was back to pristine. I never imagined such a disorganised group would be so disciplined. And they kept it that way.

The whole time people were farting around and chatting away, a great social event.

Err yes Rimmer - It was me that was there in said instance from 10am (white Asp) and a few of us left to SC to renew the barnies after I raised the theory perhaps the site was dead so no visits for 7/8hrs! When we got the fresh instance I was asking the new arrivals not to shoot the spikes.
As I'd said in instance I'd had visit 10.30 and 12.24 game time and then the spikes were trashed by 2pm - after that no more thargoids. We refreshed about 8/9pm I think (?) but 2hrs came n passed with no further visit.

Later when there was just 2 other people left we got visited by a Commander who arrived all guns blazing, attacking the others 1st then killing me. First time I've had a cmdr fire on me as not the game I want to play, barely even had time to take off before the rebuy screen.
I did post the cmdrs name earlier but have since removed. Will report to mobius if can ever log into forum but have done to FD for abusive play. Have shadowplay video if needed. FD really need to stop this toxic nonsense.

I ended up back in the trashed site instance once I flew back. Left it open for hour having missed what might been the next potential visit en-route. Bit of a sour end to the day's alien spotting tbh.
But yes... other than that chatted to lots of cmdrs during the day who were just there to get a visit and have harmless fun!

Last edited:
I have not seen one since my only encounter two days ago. I regret I did not have video recording, but I managed to get one nice pic - moody :)

3g76eJA.png

At this point the rocks around the beam were suspended and motionless... awesome sight.

I have a few ideas on what is going on - yes the flower ships are harvesting. Perhaps they are harvesting meta-alloys but with out the destruction that usually comes with humans doing it. Maybe meta-alloys are the alien version if Indium? Perhaps they are harvesting to build something big out there out of Meta Alloys.

Just a thought

Things I noticed when streaming that ship for 8 hrs.
They have thruster pods on the upper and underside of the central petal array.
Those pods produce the red thrust trails (the wavey line seen when ship is hovering are the thrust trails when idle).
The thrust pods glow blue when being used and jet cones can be seen on the upper side (3 per pod).

There are 6 tubes around the central cockpit area. These tubes are in the position the tendrils come from when scanned after Hyperinterdiction.
The ship emits a shimmer effect when it gets rammed or moved.
The ship does not emit a shimmer effect if shot at.

Manifest scanner, advanced disc, data link, killwarant, detailed surface and an ECM all gave zero results when used.

Ill add more when im more awake :)
If you want.

Just had an instance where the ship deployed hardpoints and became hostile towards my wing mate then left, it then came back and decided to scan him like it would the barnacle.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=49M6cGgKDUI[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom