Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But this time it went hostile, normaly it doesnt (atleast from all the clips ive seen of people shooting it).

At the same time they have been glitching out left and right, chances are it glitched and got the position of the barnacle off and targeted the ship instead. As for hardpoints, even if you deploy your discovery scanner you are still deploying hardpoints so I don't take too much stock into that

At the same time they have been glitching out left and right, chances are it glitched and got the position of the barnacle off and targeted the ship instead. As for hardpoints, even if you deploy your discovery scanner you are still deploying hardpoints so I don't take too much stock into that

Not sure if you saw the clip but it appeared to follow my wing mate before proceeding to scan him.

It probably was bugged but it was definitely unusual.

Last edited:
Not sure if you saw the clip but it appeared to follow my wing mate before proceeding to scan him.

It probably was bugged but it was definitely unusual.

Urgh, so much for the "we didn't shoot first!"... and that cockpit...

Then again, given the firepower you showered it with, I guess it would glitch out anything in the game.
Its behavior is indeed weird in that video, but that really looks like a bug.
Even though its shield didn't fall, it seems enough damage bled through it to make its IA insane ;)

So, has anyone seen the Flowership visit a Barnacle in Solo or Private Group?

I have only managed to see it in Open, and that of course has many risks....[knocked out]

Morning all.

Yes, had a barnacle based encounter in solo yesterday. Looked the same as the vids for the encounters in open. had to wait around 2 hours for the event.
The barnacle that was "probed" by ET I had previously scanned, it had meta - alloys. Once the encounter was over, I re-scanned and it had reset, the other barnacle had not and still gave the "already scanned" message.

Edit - location - Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6

Last edited:
Urgh, so much for the "we didn't shoot first!"... and that cockpit...

Then again, given the firepower you showered it with, I guess it would glitch out anything in the game.
Its behavior is indeed weird in that video, but that really looks like a bug.
Even though its shield didn't fall, it seems enough damage bled through it to make its IA insane ;)

Actually this clip didnt show it but it jumped in originally without shields and then they recharged. If needed i can provide link to that.

It took no damage during that time though so i think they are invincible.

So, after spending the whole of yesterday sitting in my SRV with no encounter, I am wondering if there is something I need to do to trigger the encounter.

I would prefer to watch passively and not have to shoot the barnacles if possible.

So far, it looks like I may have to be content with "Close Encounters of the YouTube kind".

So, after spending the whole of yesterday sitting in my SRV with no encounter, I am wondering if there is something I need to do to trigger the encounter.

I would prefer to watch passively and not have to shoot the barnacles if possible.

So far, it looks like I may have to be content with "Close Encounters of the YouTube kind".

I spent over 15h total waiting and only saw it twice, i would say wait 20m then log and wait another 20m and just repeat this.

OK, apologies if this has already been offered and discarded, I'm not reading thru 2000+ pages of puzzle solving that makes me feel stupid, but I read up on Barnacles: What's known and just wanted to put this out there: The design on the barnacles (I went there to see the UFO - no joy), instantly made me think of the Orion Nebula, I know it's a huge area of space but isn't there an area fairly close to it that's blocked by the pilots federation? I had a heck of a time navigating to the nebula, was forced to go up and over a section of space.

Cheers Commanders o7

EDIT: Forgot about the search function, but couldn't find anything relevant, so leaving the post up.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of an Engineer called Colonel Burnett ?? I have an invitation from him which has failed !!

I was unlocking a lot of Permits the other day and wonder if its related

Has anyone heard of an Engineer called Colonel Burnett ?? I have an invitation from him which has failed !!

I was unlocking a lot of Permits the other day and wonder if its related
Screenshots? Not on this list... https://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers/

Don't forget though, "Colonel" is also a title for Dictatorship mission contacts. If you got something in your inbox, could've been from one of them.

Last edited:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
giphy.gif

Well, despite the previous forum improvements that allowed threads to be larger that 10,000 posts..... this one has also got big enough to start causing problems.

So, time for a new thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...logy-and-other-mysteries-Thread-10-The-Canonn

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom