Alien bases grow - With an important update at Page 4

It's entirely relevant, if the initial measurements are based on a fictional photo made by someone else.

While it's an interesting theory, and certainly worth checking out, there is no evidence to support it without accurate measurements based on first hand pics.

I've clearly stated multiple times here, Picture 1 was used as an illustration only of what was measured the first time.

Both measurements were taken by me and my mate on this site MEL 22 SECTOR ZU-P C5-1 4 A, 30 days apart. Two ships standing on the furthest opposite ends as the green lines show.

Are the messages at Dav's Hope linked with this - they talked about some weird seismic activity and abandoned the base; could well be the signs of an alien structure forming/repairing on that planet?

Has an alien structure been found on that planet? I didn't spot anything when I visited, but wasn't particularly looking.

Has an alien structure been found on that planet? I didn't spot anything when I visited, but wasn't particularly looking.

Couldn't find any in the structure list, no.

It could be nothing at all, but I always assumed there was something important behind that base - it being one of the first of that type to be added/found. FD spent some effort on that site, and adding the story of it being abandoned; it seems strange to do so if there's not much gameplay or lore wrapped around it. Then, finding alien structures which seem to grow out of the ground - it seemed the perfect link.

It could be nothing at all, but I always assumed there was something important behind that base - it being one of the first of that type to be added/found.

I am also hoping for more of a story there. The messages were intriguing, and made me want to shoot things (e.g. corporate overlords :)).

This is the same base at MEL 22 SECTOR ZU-P C5-1 4 A.

EDIT: I have not measured the pixels of these two pictures, used them merely as an illustration of what points have mate and me measured with the distance between our ships. Pictures are bot important here, data is.

At the end of July it was 4 km wide (and I haven't measured it on the day they become known, they were smaller then)

http://i.imgur.com/Ip1IllK.png

This is the same base photographed today, 30.07.2017. Now it's 4,8 km

http://i.imgur.com/x9sbJgj.jpg

Got another ring of those "jaw bones with teeth". And those ugly structures are much higher now and more Giger.

http://i.imgur.com/yaNM4Gc.png

It looks like in the second image you have drifted to the right and are closer to the surface than the first photo. Also I am not so sure if this is the same site. If you look to the bottom left its missing the large craters near the frame and the little double crater. the ground is also a lot more bumpy in the second one.

I would check again and see if its possibly a mistake of the wrong picture being used for comparison. Unfortunately without exact distance and physical location from the ground measuring from the air would be impossible. Pixel Density may vary by device. Best bet is to have a friend in another SRV line up using land marks multiple times and measure over time. Otherwise from the air we would need a tool that we dont have in ED right now.

It looks like in the second image you have drifted to the right and are closer to the surface than the first photo. Also I am not so sure if this is the same site. If you look to the bottom left its missing the large craters near the frame and the little double crater. the ground is also a lot more bumpy in the second one.

I would check again and see if its possibly a mistake of the wrong picture being used for comparison. Unfortunately without exact distance and physical location from the ground measuring from the air would be impossible. Pixel Density may vary by device. Best bet is to have a friend in another SRV line up using land marks multiple times and measure over time. Otherwise from the air we would need a tool that we dont have in ED right now.

Did you bother to read the post or did you just ignore most of it?

I've clearly stated multiple times here, Picture 1 was used as an illustration only of what was measured the first time.

Both measurements were taken by me and my mate on this site MEL 22 SECTOR ZU-P C5-1 4 A, 30 days apart. Two ships standing on the furthest opposite ends as the green lines show.

Cheers, that's all I needed to know, since that info wasn't in your initial post I wasn't sure if you'd used the photo to measure or not.

It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, since there's now 2 measurements, we should take another in 30 days or so just to confirm. Presumably FDev drop the site expansions into otherwise innocuous client updates.

Cheers, that's all I needed to know, since that info wasn't in your initial post I wasn't sure if you'd used the photo to measure or not.

It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, since there's now 2 measurements, we should take another in 30 days or so just to confirm. Presumably FDev drop the site expansions into otherwise innocuous client updates.

Thank you :D. Yes, exactly this. I will do it for sure 30 days from now. The same site, again two ships at the opposite sides.

Cheers.

I'm going to support the OP here on one count

The bases are different

I landed at the 14909 one first , it was a bit ho hum, lets get inside do the stuff type day (actually there was about 8 of us trying to organise a group triggering for those that hadn't seen the galaxy thing before)

The structures outside were a lot smaller than the ones I saw last week at the Oracle site
case in point.
DF2A6EA79E099721631A8E9CCBD0FDBE4C9B352E

These things are getting bigger..... which makes me think..... what size is the base at the locked system.... and what the overlook ship is doing there and more to the point what is it overlooking?

Bill

I have previously posted that " there is a possibility the structures are similar to the fruiting body of a fungus emerging from soil. If this is the case then beneath the surface of each planet, resources are being harvested and focused on a planetary scale by a network (Myccorhizal / Hyphal) probably created by the barnacles".

http://i.imgur.com/9kiGKvs.png

Added to this is the structure of the conduits; they appear to be like nerves / neural paths with a protective sheath.

http://i.imgur.com/yMT37ry.png

I have now spent some time taking pics of one of the sites in order to see if they are emerging. Hopefully an analysis will produce some results to determine if in fact they are growing.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE

My mate who measured the site with me saw this thread and said "man, I took a picture the first time we were there too". So I sent him my pic from yesterday and he did this. (thx Ivan) Now the fact it was 4.000 m and became 4.800 m is somehow less important...

They are not merely excavating or whatever. This thing grows up and changes configuration, skewing the main features (those three giant beasts-insect-ships), rising them up and giving them more details. They've twisted around and grew more "jaws with teeth" and whatnot. Became more muscular and prominent. So once again, this is THE SAME BASE - MEL 22 SECTOR ZU-P C5-1, 4A -63.5266 8.0136. See the changes in 30 days. This is organic.

DX4Et8o.jpg

Last edited:
This is the same base at MEL 22 SECTOR ZU-P C5-1 4 A.

EDIT: I have not measured the pixels of these two pictures, used them merely as an illustration of where mate and me were standing when measuring the distance between our ships. Pictures are not important here, data is.

At the end of July it was 4 km wide (and I haven't measured it on the day they become known, they were smaller then)

http://i.imgur.com/Ip1IllK.png

This is the same base photographed today, 30.07.2017. Now it's 4,8 km

http://i.imgur.com/x9sbJgj.jpg

Got another ring of those "jaw bones with teeth". And those ugly structures are much higher now and more Giger.

http://i.imgur.com/yaNM4Gc.png

If it is getting bigger. Then omg it going to be hell to take it down. Ow well going to Colonia now to see what it is like. When i reach Colonia you guys going make me want to buy a sidewinder and return the fast way with this news.

Last edited:
Well it is Q3! Perhaps 2.4 has begun. Definitely worth watching very carefully. Commend you for measuring in the first place and noticing the change.

If it is getting bigger, and those pictures do look like it is, then I wonder if it is related to how many times the internal star map thing is activated.

No, the measurements are not taken from that picture as the OP has already tried to explain. It is for illustrative purposes only, which is exactly what the OP said.

Exactly this.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

My mate who measured the site with me saw this thread and said "man, I took a picture the first time we were there too". So I sent him my pic from yesterday and he did this. (thx Ivan) Now the fact it was 4.000 m and became 4.800 m is somehow less important...

They are not merely excavating or whatever. This thing grows up and changes configuration, skewing the main features (those three giant beasts-insect-ships), rising them up and giving them more details. They've twisted around and grew more "jaws with teeth" and whatnot. Became more muscular and prominent. So once again, this is THE SAME BASE - MEL 22 SECTOR ZU-P C5-1, 4A -63.5266 8.0136. See the changes in 30 days. This is organic.

http://i.imgur.com/DX4Et8o.jpg

OK, so these two pictures are much more useful than what you've got in the OP... instead of some lines on an unrelated picture and claiming it's different, you've actually got a side-by-side comparison over time now. Contrary to the various responses, I did think (initially) your OP pictures were just illustrative, but if that were the case then it actually meant they were providing *no* evidence of the change rather than just *bad* evidence. So have some rep for going out and getting some *good* evidence.

Some observations...
- The light direction's quite different, casting a much different shadow and making it look bigger.
- It looks like the rotation is slightly off on the two shots, but despite that the top-right one has definitely changed. There's three pairs of teeth on the outside between the top-right/top-left segments in the first shot, two in the second. You're right that it's changed.
- There was a large-ish patch (two patches ago iirc) which seemed too big for what it put in the game. It'd be cool if they were growing, but there's a chance it could just be FD tweaking things for no good reason... they did it much more noticably in the past with the Ancient Ruins twice. Not trying to explain it away with "FD handwavium", just highlighting the possibility.
- If you're going to continue observing the sites for growth, mark a few observation points around the site on the ground, noting the lat/long/bearing of observation, so any changes between past and future pictures can more easily be verified.

Maybe keep an eye on the surrounding area, also. The fracture patterns at sites like HIP 14909 really makes one wonder whether there may not be at least another half radius buried out there in the fringes. :7

Top Bottom