All Aboard for Rackham's Peak 2/6/2021!

o7 CMDRs! Heads up that I'm taking the INV Imperator XFQ-55J up to Rackham's Peak soon. For those of you who may not know, Rackham's Peak, located in HIP 58832, is a starport in what is currently the highest accessible system. Expect awesome views. Due to long jump distances, it is only reachable by fleet carrier. Details for the trip below:

Latest Update: INV Imperator XFQ-55J is heading back to the Bubble shortly. Board now!

Schedule:
  • 2/6/2021 19:00 UTC: Departure from 17 Draconis
  • 2/7/2021 ~1:00-2:00 UTC: Arrival in HIP 58832
  • 2/14/2021 19:00 UTC: Departure from HIP 58832
  • 2/15/2021 ~0:00-1:00 UTC: Arrival next to Shinrarta Dezhra)

Available Carrier Services: All, but be aware my commodity market, shipyards and outfitters are unstocked. I can provide the storage, but bring your own parts and ships if you want to swap them about.

Additional Details:
  • FYI this is my first long-distance trip with a Fleet Carrier so be prepared for possible bumps along the way.
  • I am planning 18 jumps with a total time of about 6 hours in transit, assuming pretty much back to back jumps.
  • You can certainly get off the carrier at any point, but be aware that we're not really stopping the train for very long. If you're not back on board by the time the landing pads lock down, you might be stranded!
  • If you're particularly cautious, maybe bring a long-range ship on the off-off-off chance you (or we) get stranded somewhere and you have to jump all the way home.
  • Donations of Tritium large or small are greatly appreciated, but not necessary.

Last edited:
Sounds tempting.
Is there anywehere a pace with flight schedule of all the carriers flying to and from HIP 58832? Just in case one would like to get a hike back earlier than after a whole week?

Rackham's Peak has only medium landing pads, so anyone wishing to hike there shall equip small or medium ship. Otherwise it wouln't be possible to dock the outpost.

As of my previous question - the Fleet Carriers Owners Club DIscord server provides services with time schedules of Fleet Carriers on mayor routes. So I just found my hike back do the Bubble for tuesday ;) so... I'll be boarding in 17 Draconis on Satrurday for the trip upwards

Rackham's Peak has only medium landing pads, so anyone wishing to hike there shall equip small or medium ship. Otherwise it wouln't be possible to dock the outpost.

Yikes; that's a good catch, and I'm glad you mentioned it. I might still head out with a smaller ship, but I'll have to look closer at what I'm customizing. I'm still not used to large-sized ships and landing pad restrictions!

Awesome, glad you guys are tagging along! Currently the shipyard function is suspended on my carrier, but I'll turn it on the day before departure so everyone has a chance to store ships/parts if they want.

I keep forgetting that discord is a thing. I'm gonna go join it.

Yikes; that's a good catch, and I'm glad you mentioned it. I might still head out with a smaller ship, but I'll have to look closer at what I'm customizing. I'm still not used to large-sized ships and landing pad restrictions!

Also, you should come along even if all you've got is your Clipper. Even if you can't dock at the outpost, you can still enjoy the view from 5000+ lys above the galactic plane.

Are there other systems within not-fleet-carrier hopping distance of Rackam's Peak? I know it can't be reached without a carrier, but is it in an "island" of other systems where you need a carrier to get into the group, or is it a one-off system wayyyy out by itself?

Take some Beer with as there is scarcity fo this commodity up there.
Anyway what else most people can do on the top of the galaxy except from taking pictures and drinking?
I'll try to bring up my pickup truck with me along with DBX, and there's gona be an unloading job to be done.
Has anybody climbed in loaded type-6 to 16 Draconis before?

haha no worries guys. I've now got my own channel on the fc owner's club discord. #198. any last minute updates during the trip will be posted there.

Heading out in <30min guys! I'm starting the launch sequence at 19:00 UTC so the actual jump will be at 19:15. Lockdown starts around 19:11.

All future updates will be on the discord channel. Join the discord here: https://discord.gg/UcyXD92f

See you guys up at Rackham's Peak!

Edit: my sincerest apologies, folks -- I had the dates wrong due to timezone differences. We're leaving tomorrow around this time, in just under 24hrs from this edit (i.e. at the appointed time of 17:00 UTC on Feb 14).

Last edited:
Departing Rackham's Peak for real in about an hour! I'm starting the jump sequence promptly at 17:00 UTC, with landing pad lockdown around 17:10-12 and jump around 17:15. Looks like return trip will be a little shorter than the trip up due to more optimal star placement, so we should hopefully be rolling into a system next door to Shinrarta Dezhra (it'll depend on what's open/available around the time of our arrival) about 5-6 hours later.

See you in the boundless black, CMDRs.

Top Bottom