All DLC Pack Predictions!

I want to try "predicting" some of the DLC packs we'll get. Let's see if I get "bingo" on any of these! I assumed they're going by region, and I went roughly in a sensible order. I tried to limit it to 12 DLC packs, since that's the amount Planet Coaster got. Went somewhat over the limit.

I limited my aquatic animals to mostly those seen in zoos. If they were to go full-marine-park on us, they'd probably offer bigger packs, like a full expansion. But I was already being optimistic with some of these, so I decided to limit myself. (Honestly, if I had to choose, I'd give up most ocean animals to make room for the birds and freshwater animals. But I get why people want a "marine mania" expansion. I just personally think I'd have more fun decorating freshwater habitats with lots of brush and branches, as opposed to blanker, emptier tanks.)

There's some packs where I added aviary animals. But for these ones, there were fewer main animals (or those were mostly reskins/remakes of similar animals anyway). So it's realistic enough that Frontier could do it? Maybe? Well, it's still technically a wishlist!

1. Australia Pack: Kangaroo, Koala, Cassowary, Tasmanian Devil, Tree Kangaroo

Exhibit animals: Australian Walking Stick, Glow Worm, Thorny Devil, Frilled Lizard

2. South America Pack: Jaguar, Giant Anteater, Howler Monkey, Capybara

Exhibit animals: Butterflies, Green Tree Frog

2.5. South America Deluxe Pack (all are aviary animals): for a higher cost, adds on the Brazilian Porcupine, Sloth, Common Marmoset, Green Anaconda, Toucan, Macaw, Harpy Eagle, and Quetzal.

This is where I'd love to introduce enclosures for animals that live in the branches: Aviaries! My ideal would be NZFanatic's idea here. They would include flying birds, mammals that stay in trees all the time, and snakes too huge for small exhibits. This is basically my way of cheating so I can add more to the South American pack.

3. North America Pack: Mountain Lion, Moose, Wolverine, and either the Mountain Goat or Big Horn Sheep.

Aviary species: Bald Eagle, Snowy Owl, Turkey Vulture.

4. Aquatic Pack 1: (introduces diving!) Beaver, River Otter, Alligator Gar, Caiman, Snapping Turtle, Sea Turtle, Emperor Penguin, Sea lion, Walrus, Ringed(?) Seal.

Exhibit species: Tropical Fish, Seastars, Softshell Turtle, Marine Iguana, maybe a crustacean. (This pack was bigger than normal cuz aquatic animals gotta catch up!)

5. Africa Pack: Black or White Rhino, African leopard, Meerkat, Red River Hog.

Aviary: Turaco, Grey Parrot, Blue Eared Starling, Hammerhead Bat. Exhibit: Jackson's Chameleon or Panther Chameleon

6. Europe Pack: Red Fox, Lynx, Ibex, Puffin

Aviary: Bearded Vulture, Eagle Owl, European Bee-Eater.

7. Asia Pack: Langur Monkey, Sika Deer, Gaur, Binturong, Clouded Leopard

Aviary: Philippine Eagle, Chinese Flying Squirrel, Oriental Bay-Owl. Exhibit: King Cobra, Queen Alexandra Birdwing Butterfly.

7.5 Asia Deluxe Pack: Adds the Dhole, Takin, Golden Pheasant, and aviary species: Flying Fox, Indian Giant Squirrel. Exhibit species: Snake-Necked Turtle, Atlas Moth.

8 Aquatic pack 2: Sea Otter, Blue Footed Booby, Gentoo Penguin, Leopard Seal, Elephant Seal, Platypus, Manatee, Amazonian Arapaima, Chinese Giant Salamander.

Exhibit Species: Pacific Octopus, Japanese Spider Crab, Cuttlefish, Axolotl, more fish probably.

9. Southern Deserts Pack: Dromedary Camel, Addax, Striped Hyena, Dingo, Fennec Fox, Sand Cat, Serval (More species than normal, since they're mostly reskins. This will be common from here on.)

Aviary: Andean Condor, Great Horned Owl Exhibit: Desert Long-Eared Bat

11. Essential Bird Pack: Too many birds to choose from! I made a board here, showing species I think should take top priority. And others I'd just love to see.

12. Small Wonders:
Capuchin Monkey, Wallaby, Ocelot, Coati, Mouse Deer, Kinkajou, Quokka, Bilby

Aviary: Squirrel Monkey, Greater Gliding Possum, Kookaburra, Aye-Aye. Exhibit: Honduran White Bat, Vine Snake, Leaf-Tailed Gecko

13. Ungulates: Alpaca, Mountain Goat or Bighorn Sheep, Nilgai, Blackbuck, Elk, Giant Eland, Markhor, Tahr, Musk Deer, Akole-Watusi, Przewalski Horse

14: Carnivora: Fossa, Civet, Honey Badger, Spectacled/Sloth Bear, Aardwolf, Arctic Fox, Tanuki, Amur Leopard, Bobcat, Asian Golden Cat

15: Weird and Wild: Sun Bear, Maned Wolf, Gerenuk, Babirusa, Saiga Antelope, Proboscis Monkey, Gelada, Potoo Bird, Mata Mata Turtle, Coconut Crab.

I think I managed to sneak all the fan-favorites in here! What do you guys think? What seems likely? What would you change?

Last edited:
Your list is really good. :)
I am mostly waiting for Marine Mania DLC. I really want sea animals to come to this game. I've been waiting for this for years. :)

The Quetzal cannot survive in captivity, it's been proved many times that It will let die itself, for the other suggestions great ideas
At least one Zoo keeps them successful since 1992. Also they don't kill themselves. It is because of some kind of Infection they easily get in Captivity.

But I would still replace the Quetzal with the Hoatzin because the Quetzal is so difficult to keep.

At least one Zoo keeps them successful since 1992. Also they don't kill themselves. It is because of some kind of Infection they easily get in Captivity.

But I would still replace the Quetzal with the Hoatzin because the Quetzal is so difficult to keep.
What zoo?

I think the Asian pack should be south eastern focused in areas ranging from Myanmar to Vietnam and into the pacific islands maybe south of Vietnam but north of New Guinea.
Javan Rhino, Malayan tapir (which you listed), clouded leopard, Asian Water buffalo. Mugger Croc and maybe the False Gharial.

People adapting to the poor size of 4 animals for a DLC still amazes me.

We have exactly one DLC to use as a reference, so why wouldn't people "adapt" to that? If the next DLC is bigger then people will no doubt start speculating for bigger packs. If it is smaller we will get people speculating about smaller packs, too. It'd be stupid to get your hopes up for more without any frame of reference only to be disappointed if Frontier sticks to the same formula. By selecting for only four animals per DLC, people are managing their expectations. Better to be pleasantly surprised than upset.

I wouldn't mind of Frontier uses your predictions as a to-do list. Almost all I dream of is included. That said, I'm afraid it is to good to be true. And to have as much DLCs as Planco, PlanZoo has to be as successful as Planco. As far as I know it isn't at the moment, which makes me rather sad, to be honest. :(

@Swjosdotschka I wouldn’t worry too much about how the game compares to Planco. This is a amazing game know matter what anyone says. I hate to use this term but haters are always going to hate. I’ll admit the game got off to a little bit of a rough start but all’s frontier has to keep doing is slowly but surely keep up with big fixes and improvements. And adding new stuff once in awhile and listen to the community. Nobody knows how this game is going to look in two yrs but I think it’s going to be the best zoo sim ever when it’s all said and done.

People adapting to the poor size of 4 animals for a DLC still amazes me.

I managed to fit most fan-favorites into these DLC packs, using only 4-5 animals for most of them. However that didn't include the aviaries, or the big packs (of mostly reskins) at the end there. I also went over my attempted limit of 12 packs.

I wouldn't mind of Frontier uses your predictions as a to-do list. Almost all I dream of is included. That said, I'm afraid it is to good to be true. And to have as much DLCs as Planco, PlanZoo has to be as successful as Planco. As far as I know it isn't at the moment, which makes me rather sad, to be honest. :(

Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty optimistic, especially the giant packs at the end there. And the sheer amount of packs. But I wonder if player's willingness to spend money will make up for PZ's lack of popularity compared to PC. Many of us were willing to pay ten dollars for a mere four animals, and that might be good incentive for them to keep going.

Last edited:
Your list is really good. :)
I am mostly waiting for Marine Mania DLC. I really want sea animals to come to this game. I've been waiting for this for years. :)

totally understood! It would be really cool to see what they did with a marine expansion. Hopefully that would include bigger packs, so they could fit more ocean animals than I included!

Just wondering how bad exactly is this game doing in comparison to planet coaster? I think a lot of the problems are in franchise mode and more often than not people not knowing how to do things correctly. I don’t play franchise simply because building a hassle free zoo is so much more fun to me.

Well anyway zoo games haven’t been very popular among gamers in recent years. Sadly shooter games and others have dominated the gaming industry not that they’re bad games by no means. But this is still a great game with a loyal following that can still make frontier a lot of money. My personal comparison vs Planco and I love and play both games is this is definitely better. I’ll play planet zoo 7/10 times in comparison. The lighting is better the engine is tweaked for better game play and to me it’s more fun.

Just wondering how bad exactly is this game doing in comparison to planet coaster? I think a lot of the problems are in franchise mode and more often than not people not knowing how to do things correctly. I don’t play franchise simply because building a hassle free zoo is so much more fun to me.

Yeah I have to wonder if there'd be less complaints over all if they never included Franchise Mode. Even reading comments on why people like it, I can't actually see the appeal. You can still use Challenge Mode, or even make it so you have to watch your finances in Sandbox. The challenge is there no matter how you play, if you choose the right options. So why Franchise? Albinos? Most zoos deliberately try and avoid that, because it's bad for the gene pool.

Yeah I have to wonder if there'd be less complaints over all if they never included Franchise Mode. Even reading comments on why people like it, I can't actually see the appeal. You can still use Challenge Mode, or even make it so you have to watch your finances in Sandbox. The challenge is there no matter how you play, if you choose the right options. So why Franchise? Albinos? Most zoos deliberately try and avoid that, because it's bad for the gene pool.

Plus you can get Albinos (which aren't Albinos in the first place and it makes me nuts they are called that in game) in all play modes. And people act like franchise is the only mod worth playing. I don't get it...

Arguments I heard, beside franchise, was: Zoos have less variety than theme parks. Personally, I strongly disagree with this assumption. Zoos these days have a huuuge variety and almost every zoocan be build with Planet Zoo.

I have no numbres, but YouTubers said, that the interest in watching Planet Zoo Videos has droped by the amount it had droped with Planco AFTER FOUR YEARS. But honestly, would be interesting if we are talking about perentage or real numbres. Because if it was by percentage and the real numbre is pretty high, I wouldn't worry. In my opinion, Planet Zoo appealed to more players than Planco from the start. Among them are players that just want to "collect" every animal in the game (mainly in franchise), build up a crazy numbre of CC and then move on to another game.
Also, many Sims Players game over to the Planet universe with this game. And I'm sad to say that, but a lot of Sim players aren't able to play creative anymore, because they are now used to the game constantly telling them what to do next, in the Sims.. Throw a party, go to the jungle, do this at home now,do that at work now. Give them a game with huge creative freedom and they don't know what to do.
Also, new players that often come from theSims are used to a easier build mode. (For me it would be a nightmare if we get the restrictive build mode of Sims 4). And a lot of players seem not to be interested in learning new things.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the drop was by sheer percentage. Than again, as much as I love this game, as stated in the scaling thread the base game needs a little bit more time still and the animals as the main part of a zoo game needs polishing and diversity.

I still enjoy watching YouTube once in awhile. I watch geekism,deladysigner,sdanwolf,rudi,and paulsley but not as much as use to. My reasons are they’ve made some good tutorials but it’s hard to see and keep up with what there doing. I’m improving at building but no where near where I want to be. I would love to see a tutorial that goes by piece by piece explaining where and how to use them. So since I own the game I guess I’m to the point I’d rather play then watch someone else play. Plus with me trying to learn I figure the best way is to experiment and get my hands dirty and learn through trial and error. So that’s why I don’t watch like I used to although all of them are great at what they do.

Top Bottom