All pulse Cutter

Mainly for gits and shiggles I thought I'd change my Cutter's loadout to be all pulse.

So, given that I'm going down this path of insanity, what Engineering would you recommend on the pulses? I'm open to idea of the nacelle hardpoints having turretted beams, but everything else need to be Pulse.

Off you go :)

Not insanity at all. Just engineer a bit of extra power into your PP and engineer all the Pulse's to be focused. You will have a highly effecient build while also being able to do respectable damage. Certainly enough for PvE.

And if you wanna have a bit of extra fun make all the Pulse's Turrets (aside from the Huge Hardpoint obviously) and equip a Fighter hanger and grab a good pilot. Go to a conflict zone and get into your fighter while the NPC flies your main ship. Set the pilot to "Defend". Then sit back and watch as your glorified battle-barge lays waste to all that stands before it as you scurry about in your fighter enjoying the show.

That second suggestion is what I do lol

Not insanity at all. Just engineer a bit of extra power into your PP and engineer all the Pulse's to be focused. You will have a highly effecient build while also being able to do respectable damage. Certainly enough for PvE.

Nice :)

Is Focused the one that lets some damage bleed through the shields and impact the hull?

Nice :)

Is Focused the one that lets some damage bleed through the shields and impact the hull?

Phasing Sequence is a special effect that can be applied to a weaponafter applying weapon modifications.
It is a bleed through modulating burst fire system designed to defeat shielding. Around 9%[1] of damage is able to "bleed" through shields and attack the target's hull directly doing absolute damage, at the cost of 10% damage reduction.
The damage that phases through shields seems to be calculated off the damage shown in weapon's statistic before taking into account target's resistances and damage falloff from excessive range.

Ninja'd by Kzak

Focused is an engineering modification for weapons that increase their range and armor penetration. https://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprint/73/

The special effect that gets a portion of the damge through the shields is Phasing Sequence.

^This^

You could go for Efficient Beams which gives a bit of extra damage and less power draw, but you don't get the range boost of the Focused Upgrade. And seeing as smaller ships will be flying circles around your Cutter I find the extra range is better than the small damage boost you get from Efficient because you can keep your lasers firing on the target longer which means more overall damage in the end.

But that is juts my personal preference.

If you're going for an all-pulse build for the Cutter, I'd make sure to have two medium pulse turrets, one set up with Emissive Munitions (to light up targets better for your sensors and prevent them from vanishing if they drop a heatsink) and the other with Scramble Spectrum that will randomly cause one of the enemy ship's modules at a time to reboot.

If you're going for an all-pulse build for the Cutter, I'd make sure to have two medium pulse turrets, one set up with Emissive Munitions (to light up targets better for your sensors and prevent them from vanishing if they drop a heatsink) and the other with Scramble Spectrum that will randomly cause one of the enemy ship's modules at a time to reboot.
Does Scramble Spectrum work against NPCs? For some reason I've always assumed it was a PvP effect.

(going to be afk for a bit, may be a while before I can reply)

Emissive and scramble spectrum are must haves on this build (imo). Phasing is a good psychological weapon, but its never been the deciding factor in any of my battles.

Does Scramble Spectrum work against NPCs? For some reason I've always assumed it was a PvP effect.

Yes, Scramble Spectrum works against NPCs as well as players. I admit it's fun when the Scramble Spectrum effect causes a NPC's thrusters to power down and reboot, leaving them drifting and unable to maneuver for a few seconds, making them easier targets.

When I sub-target the drive of a NPC with scramble, it can disable it. My anecdotal evidence shows it to have that effect. Whenever I fight NPCs with scramble and they drop cargo, its because the cargo hatch is malfunctioning, so sub-target on something useful like the drives.

Yes, Scramble Spectrum works against NPCs as well as players. I admit it's fun when the Scramble Spectrum effect causes a NPC's thrusters to power down and reboot, leaving them drifting and unable to maneuver for a few seconds, making them easier targets.

Does Scramble Spectrum stack? I can't remember if its one of those that you only need one of or if its one of the ones you can stack.

I understood Scramble Spectrum to be a random module when it hits hull you get a targeted module affect using Power Play Pulse Disruptor from Felicia Winters

Top Bottom