All these Fleet Carrier threads got me like...

The real problem with FC threads (or any thread on new stuff) is that people are hungry for more information than there is, and once they've found out all there is to find about the little teasers they've been given, they turn to the other players for the hollow substitute that is wild speculation. Speaking as a knowledge-hungry wretch myself, It doesn't help, except to build hype. You expect the moon, and you're given a picture of Neil Armstrong while the moon is in the post.
Just be patient.

This is just the icing on the cake.

Wait until more details are revealed and all the NERF FC threads start. Then there'll be those complaining about re-used assets and how low quality the textures are. And lets not forget the make small, medium and large ships relevent again threads because they need to be balanced against the new gameplay FCs bring to the table. Last but not least, the FC only for Open vs PG vs Solo threads that will start up.

Probably some arguing why they should be able to jump further, and those arguing why it should be less and how they should have fuel scoops.

Me, I just want them to make the appropriate nameplates available.
Did anyone blame the consoles yet?

It's only temporary.
Once we know what FCs provide there'll be threads about how the game is doooomed unless feature x is added to them, and that the game is in maintenance mode becausr feature y wasn't included.

Bookmark this comment so you can tell me in January how amazingly prescient it was ;)
The question will be, if those people are incredibly picky or just right?

Sorry I don't get this "too many FC threads"

It's the only significant content that we are getting in 2019 the details of which (fairly ambiguous as they were) were only announced a couple of weeks ago, so of course people are going to want to discuss them...where is the problem with that? Or would you prefer dredging up the same old circular arguments, Open vs Solo, Crime and punishment, Cobra Mk4 etc...

It's the only significant content that we are getting in 2019 the details of which (fairly ambiguous as they were) were only announced a couple of weeks ago, so of course people are going to want to discuss them...where is the problem with that? Or would you prefer dredging up the same old circular arguments, Open vs Solo, Crime and punishment, Cobra Mk4 etc...
Only problem I see is the repetitiveness of certain questions. And the fact that opening a post questioning things is useless, as no one here has an answer.
Otherwise it's just funny meme material.

Only problem I see is the repetitiveness of certain questions. And the fact that opening a post questioning things is useless, as no one here has an answer.
Otherwise it's just funny meme material.
As opposed to all of the completely original threads on here that don't cover the same old ground over and over?

Asking a question and guessing at functions/role of the FC is all we have at the moment until FD tell us more...at least it's not been discussed to death over the last few years, just the last couple of weeks and it will calm down.

I know it's considered worthy of a meme or two but what is the point of the forums if not to discuss content, and even better, new content?

I think there are a few forum dwellers here who need to take a break ;)

As opposed to all of the completely original threads on here that don't cover the same old ground over and over?

Asking a question and guessing at functions/role of the FC is all we have at the moment until FD tell us more...at least it's not been discussed to death over the last few years, just the last couple of weeks and it will calm down.

I know it's considered worthy of a meme or two but what is the point of the forums if not to discuss content, and even better, new content?

How much will they be?

Yeah they managed to discuss it to death in just a few days. Record breaking! Lol

There's absolutely nothing wrong with discussing them...it's the rampant speculation and literal calls for nerfing of something that hasn't even been released. I totally understand wanting to discuss them, but the protosalt that is already being spilled is, well, stupid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom