Alleged leakage of JWE content for summer and winter in 4Chan

Seems very likely. Especially the JWE sequel. Universal would want a new game to coincide with the release of Jurassic World 3, plus it would give Frontier the opportunity to add things that weren't feasible in the original game such as pterosaurs and marine reptiles.

Although the "Claire Dearing" update doesnt sound that bad, if they dont have terrain tools and tons of decor this game is dead.

I dont believe the second part about there being a JWE2 considering how much of a slap to the face it would be to people like us who have been buying dlc and waiting patiently for updates. If they are going to make anything it will be the JW survival game.

Seems very likely. Especially the JWE sequel. Universal would want a new game to coincide with the release of Jurassic World 3, plus it would give Frontier the opportunity to add things that weren't feasible in the original game such as pterosaurs and marine reptiles.

Well when you put it that way, it could be a "sequel" in that it focuses on JUST water creatures or JUST flying creatures. Kind of like a really big expensive update.

Although the "Claire Dearing" update doesnt sound that bad, if they dont have terrain tools and tons of decor this game is dead.

I dont believe the second part about there being a JWE2 considering how much of a slap to the face it would be to people like us who have been buying dlc and waiting patiently for updates. If they are going to make anything it will be the JW survival game.
I agree. Personally I have purchased every paid content of this game to support Frontier. If a sequel is announced it will be like trampling me and spitting on me. JWE still has a lot to improve but it can be improved. You just have to give it time. It's an improvable game but it's not broken enough to launch a sequel.

The supposed DLC of Claire I love and adds Albertosaurus and Ouranosaurus, two of the dinos that I love the most. I would pay with pleasure.

As for the JP content what to say. We all love JP. There will be nobody who does not buy it. It is a safe bet to satisfy the players. It is nostalgic fanservice that will make us cry with emotion.

These are the two best DLCs that could be made and I am sure that with them will come ground tools and decorations. I'm sure.

If this turns out to be false Frontier only has to deny it, for that we are in its official forum but if you really think about launching these DLCs for summer and the end of the year you will have my full support.

With the JPOG fan base it is almost certain albertosaurus and ouranosaurus would be in a future dinosaur pack, and probably would have been easy for any who thought about it to predict the carnivore pack contents. Acro was known to be requested more than anything, plus they were going to continue the trend of adding the embryo dinos (metri) with herra and procerato.

I was really skeptical they would ever make a sequel to this, and I hope not. In the standard way a company produces a sequel, this doesn't appear to warrant one, would be very strange that is for sure. It's usually something that's been such a massive success it demands a sequel or perhaps a past game that gained a large following over the years.

This has not failed for them, and they are able to continue to make DLC/expansions and profit from it....It is also flawed, and by far not the most hugely popular game people are out there looking for. Why risk the expense of making an entirely new game so soon?

Last edited:
Not so sure I like the idea of JWE2 in 2021... and the reason for it is "we can't fix this game so we'll scrap it entirely and start over"? ...I dunno... it makes me hesitant to buy anything else for this game... like why keep supporting it if we know they plan on abandoning it already?

Also agree.

Sadly, the many rumors we've lately heard about a supposed JW2 leave me totally uneasy :( That's why I won't be buying any other DLC for this game until I know which ways it's going to go.

Shamely, I don't think Frontier will tell any new approach to "announcements", so I just have to wait and enjoy free updates meanwhile :(

agreed

yeah they certainly would not tell anyone about it because people would stop buying all DLC.

but remember it was pretty common for a "standalone expansion" version to be released, do they still do this? if something about this 2021 thing is true and that is the case, it had better be good and largely discounted for those who bought the original game and dlcs.

yeah they certainly would not tell anyone about it because people would stop buying all DLC.

but remember it was pretty common for a "standalone expansion" version to be released, do they still do this? if something about this 2021 thing is true and that is the case, it had better be good and largely discounted for those who bought the original game and dlcs.

Well, I'd consider the leak to be true if the summer update is either the one supposedly leaked (the Claire thing), and around that time (july) or something less-than-acceptable. In the later case, I'd read they tried to combat the leak by coming up with something fast and poor of late minute, just as a diversion; after all, they've been working on that over six months, so I expect something cool.

In any case, I would keep being cautious and not purchasing any more DLCs this year, just in case; that wouldn't sound nice at all, however much I like the game.

I would be careful about listening at all to 4Chan leaks, as even though they might be dated to before and have credible information, they always seem to surface after the fact (if they are such elite hackers, then changing the time on a post wouldn't be difficult, or even editing the content of an old post and then you can create enough accounts to be your alibi).

I've also seen a youtuber that has a convenient hacker contact in regards to Pokemon, with the general conversation being "They gave me this cryptic clue that I thought nothing of at the time, but then information surfaced and I realised what that clue meant, man I'm such an idiot, with smart friends that I don't allow to see any of this information. Oh well."

This same youtuber also mentioned that about half the information from 4Chan leaks is troll info, though as you can see from everything else I've said, I don't really trust him, though I also now don't trust 4Chan, based on info from someone I don't trust, a very unusual situation.

Very odd this leak was posted on 4chan. Im on there everyday and NEVER see threads for this game and the rare times that they do pop up they dont last long. Normally I would see this thread as a post (a post meant to fool you), but considering that no one even replied to the thread it goes to show that it is very unlikely someone would use this of all things to bait people with. I wholeheartedly believe this was an actual "leak". If it is I am not going to jump to conclusions that any of it is a bad thing but I really hope that the summer DLC has the terrain tools and decor we need. I dont see why it would take so long just to make a dlc if that isnt the case. Other than a new map the only really new thing gameplay wise would be the paleo botany thing which I guess would be like Wu's DLC coming with the gene modifications. If that is the case and if albertosaurus and ouranosaurus are part of the dlc then dryosaurus would probably be the third one the leak didnt list.

^What Thylaco said reguarding time and content editing. A few months from now whatever credibility this "leak" has will likely be due to something like cold reading: it sounds predictive and specific, but it isn't.

Very odd this leak was posted on 4chan. Im on there everyday and NEVER see threads for this game and the rare times that they do pop up they dont last long. Normally I would see this thread as a poopoopost (a post meant to fool you), but considering that no one even replied to the thread it goes to show that it is very unlikely someone would use this of all things to bait people with. I wholeheartedly believe this was an actual "leak".
When you say that normally you would, do you actually remember seeing the post the first time, or something mostly similar? In particular reference to the contents of the carnivore pack, I'm interested in what you have to say. The rest of the JWE summary could be summarised by "Frontier does what the community wants it to do", which generally it does at least try.

When you say that normally you would, do you actually remember seeing the post the first time, or something mostly similar? In particular reference to the contents of the carnivore pack, I'm interested in what you have to say. The rest of the JWE summary could be summarised by "Frontier does what the community wants it to do", which generally it does.

That's the thing, I never saw this post nor have I seen any other like it prior or after to it. It was probably up for a few minutes then went straight to "archived" since there was no activity. Sometimes people will try to "force" a meme or start a rumor by making thread after thread of similar or the same exact post to make it seem like its a trend or people are actually interested in the topic. However considering this is JWE a game never talked about there and not a very popular game compared to something like smash bros its a weird topic to pick if you were a troll. If there were multiple posts being made after being archived or deleted then it would definitely be someone trying to force sensationalism but I dont see that.

As for the carnivore pack prediction I dont see how they could have guessed proceratorsaurus. We have a thread dedicated to keeping track of what dinos are asked for the most often and proceratosaurus had ten votes for it compared to acro which had 51 and herrera at 37. It wasnt in any previous games like JPOG and the only canon connection it has that I can think of is maybe being one of the embryos or something which is vague at best. It would be very unlikely someone would have been able to guess all three in the same pack let alone pick such an outlier like proceratosaurus. To be honest the only reason I think that dino was added was simply because it is from England and I feel like Frontier has a soft spot for british dinos because they are based in England (I think).

Its interesting that 4chan is leaking an alleged JWE sequel, a WEEK after BestinSlot made a video on a speculative JWE2.
Either way, I'd be ed if they'd do make a sequel, like, whats the point of buying & improving the current game if they're just gonna abandon it 2 years from now? 2 years, 2019 & 2020. They're going to use a year to develop the game to have it released in 2021.
It'll be like stealing a candy from a kid, remove the original wrapper, replace it with a new one, & sell it again to said kid.
Many would be outraged if thats the case, considering everything already in JWE would just be reused & ported over to JWE2 if there even is one being made.

However, part of me thinks that the JWE2 sequel is a troll post, a joke. Because the devs never stated the following:
1. they cant fix the game.
2. Never making a flying/marine dlc. (All they said was "not in the plans yet", doesn't equate to not planned for the game).
3. Making a JWE2. (I wonder whos the idiot who started the JWE sequel rumor).

So yeah, thats that.

Okay, now that I've looked at the actual leak, maybe it is slightly more credible than I thought. The source being a Technical Artist means they're fairly low in the ranks based on the job description, with the majority of knowledge being for JWE, they have at least crafted it semi-realistically (though even if was a real conversation, I'm not sure how far down the trolling goes in Frontier).
It also was made pretty recently (15th of April), the day before the Carnivore DLC was revealed, if they were talking with someone working on it, then there wouldn't be much harm in disclosing it.

Going further beyond that seems dangerous for their job, though the actual claims made aren't the most outlandish, making decorative rocks a more likely interpretation than terrain tools.
Knowing two dinosaurs and knowing there is another, but not knowing what it is, seems to be bait for speculation, which is a little suspicious.
Also growing plants specifically for the feeder seems like a fairly mute feature, it fits with the natural theme I suppose, but it basically just saves a bit of money at a cost of the space most people don't have (which come think of it is a very Frontier move). It would have to be a bit cooler to make up for it.
The December classic stuff seems to be in it's infancy, which sounds about right for the time frame, though calling it 1993 seems a little odd (albeit not out of the question), considering Sorna was mentioned.

Knowledge of a five year plan seems a bit far fetched and I think most of the "New Projects" section was already known/speculated to be that way, so a bit shakey.

Come to think of it, ever wondered why we have this alleged leak? I mean, why now? Why not before?Considering how tight lipped Frontier is when it comes to updates/DLC. Dont you think the leak in itself is a troll? Like its leaked on purpose. The Carnivore DLC is obvious since it will be released the day after the supposed leak, to give the leak a sort of credibility, the Claire & Classic DLC is pretty much requested in the forums, so its no surprise.

The one thing in the leak thats obviously a troll for me is the JWE sequel. Its the oddball. If the purpose of including it in the leak is to give us an idea that JWE will never be able to have have flying/marine DLC, thats why they're planning on JWE2, then I think its the other way around. A flying/marine DLC for JWE, not JWE2.

Even if it's false the ideas planted in the leak are great ideas! I hope they get done whether the leak is fake or not. Giving us classic JP and jeep/safari truck tracks would be awesome. I honestly dont expect alot from the terrain tools n decorations update.... A few new trees, rocks, sand and dirt.. Maybe some fountains and statues. Idt flattening fixes, mountains and things like that will be in there. The new capture mode is really cool though. Game looks 10x better graphically in that mode i think. Makes me want to buy a game dvr. Please keep up the good work frontier and dont forget JP/LW raptor, rex, and dilo skins please!

Top Bottom