Alleged leakage of JWE content for summer and winter in 4Chan

It wasnt in any previous games like JPOG and the only canon connection it has that I can think of is maybe being one of the embryos or something which is vague at best.

It was included as one of the original dinosaurs on the map in the tour brochure:

post-5966-0-89255200-1462820397.png

yeah they certainly would not tell anyone about it because people would stop buying all DLC.

but remember it was pretty common for a "standalone expansion" version to be released, do they still do this? if something about this 2021 thing is true and that is the case, it had better be good and largely discounted for those who bought the original game and dlcs.
If the Frontier will do JWE2 she will have another exclusive team for the game, I have heard that they have an team for each game so the development of the current JWE will not interfere in the development of JWE2

so far his predictions have been true about the carnivore pack and Planet zoo be revealed in April? so maybe they could be true we'll just have to see what happens in summer.

Its interesting that 4chan is leaking an alleged JWE sequel, a WEEK after BestinSlot made a video on a speculative JWE2.
Either way, I'd be ****ed if they'd do make a sequel, like, whats the point of buying & improving the current game if they're just gonna abandon it 2 years from now? 2 years, 2019 & 2020. They're going to use a year to develop the game to have it released in 2021.
It'll be like stealing a candy from a kid, remove the original wrapper, replace it with a new one, & sell it again to said kid.
Many would be outraged if thats the case, considering everything already in JWE would just be reused & ported over to JWE2 if there even is one being made.

However, part of me thinks that the JWE2 sequel is a troll post, a joke. Because the devs never stated the following:
1. they cant fix the game.
2. Never making a flying/marine dlc. (All they said was "not in the plans yet", doesn't equate to not planned for the game).
3. Making a JWE2. (I wonder whos the idiot who started the JWE sequel rumor).

So yeah, thats that.

I agree. Although this is something that is common in the gaming world.

Battlefield, COD, Assassin's Creed (actually every Ubisoft Game), F1 games.

These are all just copies of the previous game with a new wrapping. Yet the kids still keep buying them.

I agree. Although this is something that is common in the gaming world.

Battlefield, COD, Assassin's Creed (actually every Ubisoft Game), F1 games.

These are all just copies of the previous game with a new wrapping. Yet the kids still keep buying them.

But JWE is the first game which didn't deliver in the first place. It was heavily unfinished, and it didn't change enough almost a year after it's launch so...

But JWE is the first game which didn't deliver in the first place. It was heavily unfinished, and it didn't change enough almost a year after it's launch so...

Which is a opinion I respect.

I enjoyed the game, and to me, it never felt incomplete. Was it the best game? No, are there possibilities for improvement? yes.

But I bought the game in the condition it was at that time, not how I expected it to be a year later.

All the games mentioned also never changed much a year after launch. And some, are a lot worse than JWE.

Which is a opinion I respect.

I enjoyed the game, and to me, it never felt incomplete. Was it the best game? No, are there possibilities for improvement? yes.

But I bought the game in the condition it was at that time, not how I expected it to be a year later.

All the games mentioned also never changed much a year after launch. And some, are a lot worse than JWE.

I didn't buy it out of how I expected it to be in the future. Just to be clear. I bought it because all the good stuff that was supposed to include: graphics were already taken for granted, since there were lots of screenshots and pre-release gameplay videos.

But the very announcement trailers features things like dinosaurs sleeping, herding, pack hunting, destructible vehicles or landscaping which aren't implemented even now (sleeping and herding aren't yet satisfactory, anyway). Even some species profiles showed them: how is that my trikes don't lay down to rest like the one of it's profile?

Also, a bit later after launch, there were all these concept art for things intended to be ingame that were ultimately rejected, greenhouses and all kind of things. So, no, I don't think it's just an opinion because there are enough objective elements to affirm it.

If anything, the claim for 2-3 years more of support only increased the appealing but, so far, that was also disappointing (and yeah, this last bit is my personal opinion).

graphics were already taken for granted, since there were lots of screenshots and pre-release gameplay videos.

Didn't all those video's showed you that the stuff that was supposedly (assumption) in the game might not be there?

O, and...

*I admit this was added a few months after release.

Well, no, they didn't. You see, when I read "ingame footage" I expect the things showed to be ingame ;)
Do you mean the pre-rendered announcement trailer with the T-Rex chasing the ranger fixing the fence?
Because that didn't have the text "ingame footage" anywhere in it.
Also FDev never said in any of the many published articles that dinosaurs would herd, pack hunt or sleep, etc.

Do you mean the pre-rendered announcement trailer with the T-Rex chasing the ranger fixing the fence?
Because that didn't have the text "ingame footage" anywhere in it.
Also FDev never said in any of the many published articles that dinosaurs would herd, pack hunt or sleep, etc.

No, he is referring to the trailer #2, or Gameplay Trailer. The first one was primarely cinematic. The 2nd one really contained gameplay and in-game footage.
This was a long time before release though.

And I have to give this to Alan, these things where in the trailer. (herding, sleeping, pack hunting (raptors)).

Last edited:
No, he is referring to the trailer #2, or Gameplay Trailer. The first one was primarely cinematic. The 2nd one really contained gameplay and in-game footage.

And I have to give this to Alan, these things where in the trailer. (herding, sleeping, pack hunting (raptors)).

Okay, I can see why this one can be confusing.
Before I buy a game I do read articles first and have seen at least real ingame footage, I mean either a dev or content creator playing the game.
Trailers are what they are a marketing tool.

Exactly. This one had the print "ingame footage" and is showing things like herding, pack hunting, resting, fog in Nubla and other light/climatic effects and, if I'm not much mistaken, different terrain brushes (that Anky is walking along some path?).

The last year already implemented basic herding and sleeping, however basic, as well as daytime changes but... it's taken a year to release all those things that were already... well, ready?

Before I buy a game I do read articles first and have seen at least real ingame footage, I mean either a dev or content creator playing the game.

Well, I read pretty much everything. I was a bit obsessed with the game for months, tbh, and still am ;P

I just never came across someone who really spoke of these things not being ingame; most of them said their comments and samples came from early builds that weren't yet ready for release so that we should expect bigger fixes for the final cut. Then when the wait was almost over I suppose I chose to listen to those who claimed FD would continue support and expand the game.

But now it's almost a year and it's seems the only love this game got was just things that were already planned for release but delayed for whatever reasons until the community cried loud enough for attention and couldn't be ignored anymore.

To make things worse, we had this leak that, so far, seems true enough (at least, accurately predicted Carnivore Pack and the other game; and I can't really see any new update coming until July, judging by the records). Thus my concerns.

Last edited:
Alan_Grady said:
But now it's almost a year and it's seems the only love this game got was just things that were already planned for release but delayed for whatever reasons until the community cried loud enough for attention and couldn't be ignored anymore.

So true. And it's a shame that the community has to scream out loud first to get a hearing for something that should have been in there at release.

This is a bad joke now, right?

It was already suggested with the announcement trailer that it should be the spiritual successor to JPOG. It was also suggested from the beginning that the AI include hunting, sleeping, reacting to each other etc..
That reacting to each other is not in play until today. Put some herbivores in an enclosure and see how they react to each other. Right, not at all. They can perceive each other so little that they permanently run into each other without reacting. And you can clearly see in the trailer how the Veloceraptors react to each other and then go hunting. Or how the Triceratops react to other dinosaurs. That has absolutely nothing to do with marketing. Marketing was the pre-rendered trailer. The other trailer is simply a fraud. The AI is a joke anyway. They can't even do the minimum what would be possible. This already shows that every alpha has to fight a ranking every 30 seconds. Total nonsense. The AI of games like "Binding of Isaac" can do more and that's really sad.

And to say that we were probably too stupid to understand the articles and the streams correctly or that it's probably our fault that we didn't read enough before the release of the game is a cheek.

I also read everything about the game before it was released. I watched trailers and all the streams. And even there it was still suggested that it was an early version, but a lot is going to happen. But in the end we got exactly what was shown, without the implied innovations.

Frontier's luck here is that many of the young players don't know good game design anymore. Not all of them, of course, but many players of the younger generation. They are happy about the great graphics, but don't notice that they only got a soulless product.

So true. And it's a shame that the community has to scream out loud first to get a hearing for something that should have been in there at release.

This is a bad joke now, right?

It was already suggested with the announcement trailer that it should be the spiritual successor to JPOG. It was also suggested from the beginning that the AI include hunting, sleeping, reacting to each other etc..
That reacting to each other is not in play until today. Put some herbivores in an enclosure and see how they react to each other. Right, not at all. They can perceive each other so little that they permanently run into each other without reacting. And you can clearly see in the trailer how the Veloceraptors react to each other and then go hunting. Or how the Triceratops react to other dinosaurs. That has absolutely nothing to do with marketing. Marketing was the pre-rendered trailer. The other trailer is simply a fraud. The AI is a joke anyway. They can't even do the minimum what would be possible. This already shows that every alpha has to fight a ranking every 30 seconds. Total nonsense. The AI of games like "Binding of Isaac" can do more and that's really sad.

And to say that we were probably too stupid to understand the articles and the streams correctly or that it's probably our fault that we didn't read enough before the release of the game is a cheek.

I also read everything about the game before it was released. I watched trailers and all the streams. And even there it was still suggested that it was an early version, but a lot is going to happen. But in the end we got exactly what was shown, without the implied innovations.

Frontier's luck here is that many of the young players don't know good game design anymore. Not all of them, of course, but many players of the younger generation. They are happy about the great graphics, but don't notice that they only got a soulless product.
You are looking at this from today's point of view and yes that trailer did suggest all those things but let's not forget that this trailer was released on Oct 8, 2017.
The live gameplay premiere that was the one were was shown what would be in the game.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttp3i_12Y6Y

This discussion has been done in the past and most agreed that the first two early trailers were ambitious but they couldn't deliver at the launch of the game.
Now sleeping and herding are in but I don't believe we will ever see pack hunting though.

I stand by what I said, that trailers in any form are more a marketing tool than a realistic measure of what will be in a game for 100%.

Top Bottom