Alleged leakage of JWE content for summer and winter in 4Chan

I will hold my final judgment on this game until the summer update ( all the hopes are in that update) but right now the game is a big NO

after one year we are almost at same poit of the start:

- Dino AI (basic very basic)

-Park managment ( none)

-terrains and park customization (none)

- general game ( mobile game level)

I have been faith in frontier for one year now is time to tell us if this game can be fixed or not

Lora Craft69 said:
This discussion has been done in the past and most agreed that the first two early trailers were ambitious but they couldn't deliver at the launch of the game.

And that's the point of interest. Even in the announcement stream it is mentioned several times that there is still something to come. And I don't mean the DLC announcements.
And of course I look at the game from today's point of view. After all, it's been on the market for quite some time.

Was that on Reddit or on FB, where the excuse came that the dinosaurs can't sleep because we players would be too stupid to tell whether a dinosaur is sleeping or dead? What malicious excuse is that?

The implementation of the herd system was a great step in the right direction. And the rank fight system, too. Is there any serious work going on? Because both systems are there but buggy like hell and do not work properly. It's nice that they came in, but the tweaking and the improvements are still missing completely.

Sometimes referring to JWE. What about the trailer and the promises about Planet Zoo? The AI Life System is really promoted there. Should we wait for the release so we don't run the risk of being misled by "ambitious" promises in the pre-release phase? Maybe it is probably better for any player to wait six months before buying the game after its release. I'd like to know what the Frontier finance department would say if every player really did that.

I hope you understand the problem. It can't be that users are deceived as pre-orderers. I bought JWE at full price the day it was unlocked on Steam. And it's not my job to monitor if the promises are kept. It's Frontier's job to keep their promises. And when promises are not kept, it's obvious that it has to be communicated that way. But neither on Reddit nor Facebook made it clear that the Dino AI would only be a copy and paste nonsense. And it was also not clearly said what would be missing.

And mentioning that in a 2+ hour stream in the middle protects Frontier, because Frontier can always say "we did mention it", but is not fair to the paying customer. Because not all buyers can watch a 2+ hour stream.

Last edited:
You are looking at this from today's point of view and yes that trailer did suggest all those things but let's not forget that this trailer was released on Oct 8, 2017.
The live gameplay premiere that was the one were was shown what would be in the game.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttp3i_12Y6Y

This discussion has been done in the past and most agreed that the first two early trailers were ambitious but they couldn't deliver at the launch of the game.
Now sleeping and herding are in but I don't believe we will ever see pack hunting though.

I stand by what I said, that trailers in any form are more a marketing tool than a realistic measure of what will be in a game for 100%.

So, I am a bit in between with this gameplay content thingy. I think upon release it was clear some of the things showed in the run-up to release would not be in the game (yet).
But I most definitely do not agree with what you are saying is a valid explanation: "Marketing".

If I would be making a new action hero movie. And all my trailers show Spiderman in various tense and nerve wrecking moments, and then the movie releases, and there is no Spiderman. Do you think I could still say to all the people that complain about the absent of Spiderman: "O that, that was just marketing". :unsure:

My advise is: Don't show and promise things if you can't deliver those on launch-date.

If you call this marketing, I would say it's actually really bad marketing.

I would expect game companies learn from one another. cough No Man's Sky cough

Last edited:
And that's the point of interest. Even in the announcement stream it is mentioned several times that there is still something to come. And I don't mean the DLC announcements.
And of course I look at the game from today's point of view. After all, it's been on the market for quite some time.

Was that on Reddit or on FB, where the excuse came that the dinosaurs can't sleep because we players would be too stupid to tell whether a dinosaur is sleeping or dead? What malicious excuse is that?

The implementation of the herd system was a great step in the right direction. And the rank fight system, too. Is there any serious work going on? Because both systems are there but buggy like hell and do not work properly. It's nice that they came in, but the tweaking and the improvements are still missing completely.

Sometimes referring to JWE. What about the trailer and the promises about Planet Zoo? The AI Life System is really promoted there. Should we wait for the release so we don't run the risk of being misled by "ambitious" promises in the pre-release phase? Maybe it is probably better for any player to wait six months before buying the game after its release. I'd like to know what the Frontier finance department would say if every player really did that.

I hope you understand the problem. It can't be that users are deceived as pre-orderers. I bought JWE at full price the day it was unlocked on Steam. And it's not my job to monitor if the promises are kept. It's Frontier's job to keep their promises. And when promises are not kept, it's obvious that it has to be communicated that way. But neither on Reddit nor Facebook made it clear that the Dino AI would only be a copy and paste nonsense. And it was also not clearly said what would be missing.

And mentioning that in a 2+ hour stream in the middle protects Frontier, because Frontier can always say "we did mention it", but is not fair to the paying customer. Because not all buyers can watch a 2+ hour stream.

To be fair, it is only understandable that a company seeks to present it's product in the better light possible so that explains to an extent all the bad communication there has been regarding this game from the beginning. And this continues until today, this very leak being living proof of it (and all this secrecy will, I think, eventually be the worst for the game and future, potential sequels).

That's why I also read reviews, comments and actively looked for bad ones just to see the other side of the coin (I could find I don't mind the cons). The stunning fact is that I only remember to find one (IGN's if I remember well) that actually told things as they are, and that was posted the very same day the game launched. All previous reviews were mostly positive and many did mention we should expect improvements to those early builds commented, so I preordered (hey, they even gifted you an extra skin).

Almost a year have passed and, basic herding and tranquilized-mechanic rework (sleeping) aside, the game is still a growing collection of nice looking dinosaurs with little to no brains, cero terrain tools, just one map, etc

Agreed. So, I've personally learnt from my mistakes and won't preorder another game, and will wait several months the next time just to be sure about a game's worth.

So, I am a bit in between with this gameplay content thingy. I think upon release it was clear some of the things showed in the run-up to release would not be in the game (yet).
But I most definitely do not agree with what you are saying is a valid explanation: "Marketing".

If I would be making a new action hero movie. And all my trailers show Spiderman in various tense and nerve wrecking moments, and then the movie releases, and there is no Spiderman. Do you think I could still say to all the people that complain about the absent of Spiderman: "O that, that was just marketing". :unsure:

My advise is: Don't show and promise things if you can't deliver those on launch-date.

Marketing is marketing and it's getting more and more aggressive and inmoral everyday, so I'm not really suprised by that. However I'm not annoyed just because all prerelease info was confusing, if not missleading, but because of the total and complete lack of communication afterwards.

If the things showed were intented to be ingame, as they seemed so because they were featured on the trailer, what's the problem with telling "hey, we apologize for x not being in the base game, it still needs some tweaks but will launch along some update in the coming months: we are still supporting the game for x years too".

I'd happily wait even a year more for a full-fleshed herding mechanic (with no clipping) or for pack-hunting or any other cool feature.

But, instead, we just got general statements like "we're working on jwe and will share some exciting new things when we're ready". Absolutely nothing precise, no general roadmap. You can't really expext nothing but disappointment when, after such long waits of radio silence, they turn out to be another bunch of dinosaurs, can you?

So, I still want to love the game but I can really trust much now; that's why I'm more anxiously still waiting for summer update although I'm a bit scared because I might get frustrated either way: if it turns out to be what the leak claimed then it will be clear that the roadmap leaked will more likely be true and then we'd just the same might save and wait for JW2, which will likely included everything for the same cost; if it isn't what the leak claimed but is something unsubstantial and rushed, I will likely read it as a last minute change of mind because they have been supposedly working on that for over 6 months now so...

That's what annoys me, too. And that actually has nothing to do with marketing, it's the same scam as other companies like Maxis/EA did with Sim City 4 or Atari with Rollercoaster World. First small companies like Colossal Order Ltd. with Cities Skyline had to appear to show how to do it right. Or Frontier with Planet Coaster, who showed it to Atari. Whereby Frontier was already no small company at that time.

My hope just rests on Prehistoric Kingdom. Because I have the same feeling with the small development team as what I had with Cities Skyline back then. The models they have so far already have more animation levels than the JWE Dinosaurs have. And that's another sad story. Not for PK, but for JWE.
Let's not fool ourselves at PK and stay absolutely realistic. We all know that the Pre Alpha will probably be unplayable and the first improvements will really come with the Early Accses. But at PK we have only 6 people sitting and they are totally transparent about their progress and they are saying that it will take at least until the year 2020 until there will be something really good. And one notices it to the programmers the love for their game.

Alan_Grady said:
To be fair, it is only understandable that a company seeks to present it's product in the better light possible so that explains to an extent all the bad communication there has been regarding this game from the beginning.

You can't always apologize for wrongdoing. Actually, I love the people at Frontier, so don't misunderstand. But you can't say that this murder is justified because other people kill as well. I've been reading this a lot lately about people trying to defend Frontier. For example with "Frontier can actually do it and Universal are only the bad guys" or "give Frontier even more time and give Frontier your hard earned money without questioning". With all love for Frontier... Or especially if you love Frontier for its accomplishments, you should also show some misgivings clearly. Because this is the only way to learn from mistakes and do things better in the future. And it is simply wrong to say that it is only the fault of Universal. And if developers and publishers don't react to the criticism, they are rightly hated. Like EA for example.

Important, that's not an attack on you, Alan. :)

Alan_Grady said:
That's why I also read reviews, comments and actively looked for bad ones just to see the other side of the coin (I could find I don't mind the cons). The stunning fact is that I only remember to find one (IGN's if I remember well) that actually told things as they are, and that was posted the very same day the game launched. All previous reviews were mostly positive and many did mention we should expect improvements to those early builds commented, so I preordered (hey, they even gifted you an extra skin).

Almost a year have passed and, basic herding and tranquilized-mechanic rework (sleeping) aside, the game is still a growing collection of nice looking dinosaurs with little to no brains, cero terrain tools, just one map, etc

Agreed. So, I've personally learnt from my mistakes and won't preorder another game, and will wait several months the next time just to be sure about a game's worth.

It's one of those stories where I wish the '90s back. It sometimes took a month for a review to come to a game. These tests were more honest because the testers had more time to really test the game. Today the reviews have to be finished very urgently on the day of release and so the tests are completely useless and no one should rely on them anymore. This means that many bugs are simply overlooked and normal users have to list these bugs. I think it's bad that the game magazines don't even apologize for the wrong test afterwards. Not a single magazine in my region has taken a critical look at the game. English-speaking magazines and Youtubers had to deal with it before the buyers were informed here. And that's really sad. So I'm not surprised at all that many people believe that the game magazines are bought by the publishers.

Last edited:
You can't always apologize for wrongdoing. Actually, I love the people at Frontier, so don't misunderstand. But you can't say that this murder is justified because other people kill as well. I've been reading this a lot lately about people trying to defend Frontier. For example with "Frontier can actually do it and Universal are only the bad guys" or "give Frontier even more time and give Frontier your hard earned money without questioning". With all love for Frontier... Or especially if you love Frontier for its accomplishments, you should also show some misgivings clearly. Because this is the only way to learn from mistakes and do things better in the future. And it is simply wrong to say that it is only the fault of Universal. And if developers and publishers don't react to the criticism, they are rightly hated. Like EA for example.

Important, that's not an attack on you, Alan. :)

No problem :) Although, just to clarify, I wasn't defending Frontier on that point. Just explaining why I wasn't that much surprised by their marketing behavior. I agree that those practices are outrageous and, as I said, I at least learnt from my mistakes. No more games pre-ordered and no more bought before being sure of what I'm buying.

To be fair, however, Universal surely had some part to blame, but that doesn't excuse the communication and update/DLC policy since the game's launch.

It's one of those stories where I wish the '90s back. It sometimes took a month for a review to come to a game. These tests were more honest because the testers had more time to really test the game. Today the reviews have to be finished very urgently on the day of release and so the tests are completely useless and no one should rely on them anymore. This means that many bugs are simply overlooked and normal users have to list these bugs. I think it's bad that the game magazines don't even apologize for the wrong test afterwards. Not a single magazine in my region has taken a critical look at the game. English-speaking magazines and Youtubers had to deal with it before the buyers were informed here. And that's really sad. So I'm not surprised at all that many people believe that the game magazines are bought by the publishers.

I wasn't into game magazines in the 90s lol But I know what you mean and I agree. At first, I thought most of the publishers were bought too.

The fact that the mods are allowing this thread to continue is curious. Most game companies remove all rumor posts... so that either legitimizes the rumors, or debunks them, but in reality it at least establishes a sort of anticipation... but nothing is worse than false expectations so that supports a form of legitimacy.

Or?! This game is so dead there are no more mods here... hehe jk

Or?! This game is so dead there are no more mods here... hehe jk
You would think.

And about the thread, it's a alleged leak, FDev will never give a statement about such rumors but we do allow the community to discuss this.
There's no need to close or delete it because others will pop up anyway.

Also as long as FDev hasn't confirmed something, people should be careful what they are getting hyped about though.

The leak kinda seems fake anyway. Especially the whole Albertosaurus, Ouranosaurus and "another" seems like a blind guess with two very obvious candidates and the person couldn't come up with a third dinosaur. If it's an actual leak why not reveal that third dinosaur as well?

The leak kinda seems fake anyway. Especially the whole Albertosaurus, Ouranosaurus and "another" seems like a blind guess with two very obvious candidates and the person couldn't come up with a third dinosaur. If it's an actual leak why not reveal that third dinosaur as well?

Because that's another monster... sorry hybrid, so it could be still unnamed?

What is this i like this game and i watch all this streams on youtube and twitch and whe say for little info for the update and s he says not this stream i hope the summer update is what whe want all the time bigger maps and more

It is possible that they were not decided by the third party and that they were in doubt at that time. Note that the update is not released until July. They can have two dinosaurs ready to create / creating them and the third still to be decided.

I remain cautious. Filtration was fully successful with Proceratosaurus (very difficult to predict) and also hit accurately with Planet Zoo.

I wonder if this is another +1 cred on the leak. It does mention some decorations coming but not much. Frontier just revealed some decorations, but not much. Mostly rocks, painting, single tree placement and shrubbery placement. It still could be a lucky guess. Regardless, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on some decorations, even if it's not much. It'll really add a lot to my parks, and to my dino's. Here's to hoping for future redwood trees.

I wonder if this is another +1 cred on the leak. It does mention some decorations coming but not much. Frontier just revealed some decorations, but not much. Mostly rocks, painting, single tree placement and shrubbery placement. It still could be a lucky guess. Regardless, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on some decorations, even if it's not much. It'll really add a lot to my parks, and to my dino's. Here's to hoping for future redwood trees.

The "don't get excited" comment from the 4chan leak was opinion. I honestly think the leak is legit at this point. Though, I don't share the leakers opinion about the terrain tools and decorations, there's plenty to get excited about with this update. Also keep in mind, this news about rocks, sand, shrubs, trees and rock features was just the first of three feature reveals for this update.

By now, I think the leak is real, too. Which personally doesn't make me that happy. Because no improvement of the AI is mentioned in the leak. Which would be one of the most important things for me. So far, it's just cosmetic improvements again that only hide the problems. Whereby I don't want to look too gloomy into the future now. There are still two revelations to come. Maybe an AI Overhault is one of the surprises.

By now, I think the leak is real, too. Which personally doesn't make me that happy. Because no improvement of the AI is mentioned in the leak. Which would be one of the most important things for me. So far, it's just cosmetic improvements again that only hide the problems. Whereby I don't want to look too gloomy into the future now. There are still two revelations to come. Maybe an AI Overhault is one of the surprises.

Me too. Also, I'm not too excited either because that makes a potential JWE2 all the more likely, so I'll just stick to renounce DLCs until I know which one will feature aquatic and flying reptiles on far, far bigger maps.

Still happy about the new features, though. They also hinted this was the first main feature of, at least, 3, so it could very well be that the leak is not completely true.

Unfortunately, I don't think any major AI updates will be forthcoming. I say this because in this most recent feature reveal Frontier kept mentioning performance, and the desire not to compromise it. Any AI improvements would be CPU intensive and thus degrade performance. Now, there may be tweaks, but nothing drastic.

AI calculations are not so complex for the CPU. If that doesn't happen, it's a simple excuse. Nobody expects any NEAT algorithms, but Zoo Tycoon runs without problems with a better AI on X-Box for example. Then there's the mechanism to reduce the AI when the NPCs aren't visible. And games like Gears of War, Halo etc. get a better AI on consoles, although the new parts are real graphic monsters. The game The Sims also gets it right with the AI. Would be the same excuse as with the "we players are too stupid to distinguish sleeping dinosaurs from dead dinosaurs". If nothing is done with the AI, my support is definitely over.

Top Bottom