Ships Alliance Chieftain: BH and Conflict Zone build

Hello Cmdrs, probably it has been already discussed tons of time (and sorry about that) but I'm looking for a good Alliance Chieftain build to run BH and Conflict Zone no problem.
At the moment the BH are not that bad, I can easely kill any ships, but I do find problems in Conflict Zone where, I think, all the NPC ships are well engineered.

So this is my current build: https://s.orbis.zone/8gIg.

What do you suggest for it as good improvements? The Pulses are overheating the ship alright but I found them good to remove the enemy shields.
Please share your opinion before I can move to the engineers and make the best of it.

Thanks

Maybe something like this? Eventually replace the FuelScoop with another MRP - Alliance ships have very vulnerable engines.
Small lasers have no penalty hitting the shields, but small MC will have a penalty due to low piercing when hitting hulls - hence the combination of small lasers and large mc

Edit: and in CZ, especially against Alliance Ships or Fed bricks - target their Powerplants. After PP reaches 0 intergrity every shot hitting the PP will have a chance to trigger a full boom - thus you can destroy heavily armored ships without having to get their hulls to 0

Last edited:
Thanks Northpin, I actually like your build. I was thinking to switch the MC from the small pod to the large but I wanted to have confirmation.
Maybe I could switch the 5A Fuel Scoop to 4D and leave a space for a 5D MRP (just to have more protection) but I do prefer keeping the Fuel Scoop since I like to roam to different system to engage combats.

I will just wait for some other replies but yeah looks good to me.

Hello Cmrd, well I think that you need to open up your engineers. Even a gr1 is a boost in the early game. Do you really need the fuel scoop? If not then replace it with another module reinforcement package and also replace the smaller hull reinforcement with a small module reinforcement package, this will boost your protection for core modules. The kill warrant scanner is useless in a CZ, swap it over for another shield booster as needed. Hope this helps o7

Hello Cmrd, well I think that you need to open up your engineers. Even a gr1 is a boost in the early game. Do you really need the fuel scoop? If not then replace it with another module reinforcement package and also replace the smaller hull reinforcement with a small module reinforcement package, this will boost your protection for core modules. The kill warrant scanner is useless in a CZ, swap it over for another shield booster as needed. Hope this helps o7
It is helpful, I appreaciate it SonofBobblaster.
Just a question tho to the build posted by Northpin: there are no Engineer modification for the Core Internal Armor, is this expected? If not what should I choose for it as improvement?

I'll start to work on the engineers, is gonna be a long journey but it will keep me busy at least.

Just a question tho to the build posted by Northpin: there are no Engineer modification for the Core Internal Armor, is this expected?
It's just an omission, i edited the build in the initial post.
For maximum hull gains heavy duty with deep plate is preferred, but in certain circles where people's flying skills are well beyond average level, it may be preferred a lightweight mod with deep plating - simply because it saves weight and a lighter ship is more maneuverable.

That's great Northpin, thanks for this. Just a last question (sorry for those stupid one) but I've also noticed that the Power Plant is going with an Armored Grade 2, why not 5? Any particular reason? I'm trying to learn more stuff that's why I'm asking dumb question here.

You can go for Grade 5 sure, but it's not really needed.
NPC won't specifically target your PP and you dont really need more power and you dont really need lower thermals - which would be the main gains of Grade 5 over Grade 2.
So in then end you'll be using more materials for gains that you dont really need.

And this is generally valid for engineering in its entirety: G3 is quite a boost, G4 is usually providing the best cost/benefits ratio at about 90-95% of G5 performance, but at a much much lower costs in terms of materials.

Edit: those being said, my OCD always forces me to go for full G5 engineering on my ships, no matter the costs 🙃

Top Bottom