Ships Alliance Crusader Builds?

Shocking ship I know, however I've never seen one actually used as a viable pvp ship. Console player here so the Crusader aside from those buying it to try it out at Shinny it's virtually non existant in the player world of Elite.

My last ship was a Federal Gunship which proved useful in duels due to its Hull tank type of build. However I'm assuming it's completely different in the Crusader. Pvp noobs or veterans what would your advice be to someone considering using the Crusader as a pvp ship

ignoring all "Don't use it" comments

Where do i have the best chances to find some nice pve crusader builds?

Not the best, but I use this lowly engineered crusader for CZ/PvE combat. Of course SLF is a Condor with multi-cannon.
The fast recharge bi-weave shield with 1900 MJ thermal is more then enough. You can do assassination misions against elite NPC anacondas also.

Not the best, but I use this lowly engineered crusader for CZ/PvE combat. Of course SLF is a Condor with multi-cannon.
The fast recharge bi-weave shield with 1900 MJ thermal is more then enough. You can do assassination misions against elite NPC anacondas also.

Why "Condor with multi-cannon"?..... i think that fixed beam is stronger

Why "Condor with multi-cannon"?..... i think that fixed beam is stronger

Its because I use those thermal vent beams for hull damage. Despite the corrosive MC debuff its still may be slow to damage a big hull in some cases. Condor MC helps a lot, also its DPS is the highest (42) compared to other Condors. There is no fixed beam variant of the F63 now.

But yes, the Taipan Aegis F is a far more popular choice for Crusader pilots: DPS is 44, fixed pulse lasers are deadly accurate (with master or better crew), and the most important: it has the PDT system to defend your mothership (and herself also) against seeker missiles. Still problems with railgun shots, but a bit better survivability compared to GU97 or F63.

I don't wanna say don't use it...

But the Challenger is far superior in pretty much every respect.

Chieftain and the Challenger are far superior in pretty much every respect except the Crusader has way the highest damage output. Sadly its not enough to prove in the battlefields properly. Weakest agility, weakest speed, lowest jump range, highest mass and weakest shield makes it the worst choice of the 3. Definitely need a buff.

This topic started with "Shocking ship I know..." EXE Sasser asked help to build a PvP Crusader, and look: nobody using it for that task?

Lakon on Galnet: "The Crusader’s offensive capabilities are enhanced with three internal military compartments. We are confident that the ship will be able to hold its own in any combat situation, especially against the Thargoids.”

Sadly its not true. Very rare and heavily engineered versions of the Crusader can fight the thargoids in FA-off, but then its a very expensive build and recommended only for those who like extreme meta-builds. I can handle the elite interdictor NPC Anacondas with my ship, its enough for me, and I bought her because I like the design, the style, with no other logical, reasonable decison.

Well.. I had a go. .

It's tempting but also wholly ridiculous.

I also saw a link for a PvP Crusader with no shields, but gigant hull. Was an interesting stealth build with reverb cascade torps, and a bunch of armoured utility mounts.
I hope I will found that link to put here...

I also saw a link for a PvP Crusader with no shields, but gigant hull. Was an interesting stealth build with reverb cascade torps, and a bunch of armoured utility mounts.
I hope I will found that link to put here...

The problem with all Alliance ships when you fly with no shields is thrusters exposed and with a very big hit zone so you're toast even when face tanking. For stealth builds on med ships, Krait Phantom works somehow better... (in my experience).

I think the Crusader needs a mass reduction of 50-75 tons, and maybe a modest increase in shields. It's way too slow and sluggish for its health pool.

The best way to toughen it up is, sadly, to eschew the SLF, but at that point you may as well get into a Chieftain or Challenger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom