COMPLETED CG Allied Initiative for Witch Head Expansion (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We shall go on to the end. We shall truck in Mizar, we shall truck on the Coriolis and Orbis, we shall truck with growing confidence and growing strength in the Bubble, we shall defend our Alliance, whatever the cost may be. We shall truck on the super-cruise, we shall truck on the witchspace, we shall truck in the stations and in the starports, we shall truck in the surface ports; we shall never surrender !

Currently at 70k, I'm hoping to get to 100k by the end of the CG. I am very happy that we are reaching Tier 5, and even though Tier 6 looks far away I think we are all doing fantastic. We still have plenty of Superconductors near Judson Station. Mieville City in HR 5451 still has over 500k Superconductors, for example. Keep trucking, every little bit helps. o7

Tier 4.9/6
Global Progress 6,213,859 Tonnes (maybe 36,141 tonnes to next tier)
Contributors 1,326 (average contribution 4,686 tonnes)
Time Left 2D16H 36Min

All of this is so thrilling, hauling on this distances to honor our allegiance, and now spending these 12 minutes at staring at the radar to detect hollow triangles and sort friends and foes, nervy till the end ...

Hell, I love this CG, I love the commanders I cross whatever the side they are on ! Thanks to our night watch for protecting us, thanks to the ones attacking us for putting spices on the way !

I love the Alliance we are building there, thanks you, I love you :)

I've been out helping with the Empire (mainly so I could do a little Empire grinding at the same time) and just got out to Mizar to try and help out for the last couple of days... but why the heck do they have us trucking 160k ls out to this station for? I'm not crying or refusing to do it I just wondered why they made it so much more of a chore for the Alliance than the Imperials where the station is right there in spitting distance of the main star. I'm guessing this has been discussed at length but I'm new to this party so I'm curious.

I've been out helping with the Empire (mainly so I could do a little Empire grinding at the same time) and just got out to Mizar to try and help out for the last couple of days... but why the heck do they have us trucking 160k ls out to this station for? I'm not crying or refusing to do it I just wondered why they made it so much more of a chore for the Alliance than the Imperials where the station is right there in spitting distance of the main star. I'm guessing this has been discussed at length but I'm new to this party so I'm curious.

First Alcor system was selected to the operations for the Alliance, but a PMF did something there, and due to some rules about CGs and PMF relationship CG organizers quickly selected the closest system just before CG started. That system is Mizar. Alliance just unlucky with that long-distance to the nearest large pad station.
But luckily the community reacted with a great cooperative job and a generally good mood.

Last edited:
First Alcor system was selected to the operations for the Alliance, but a PMF did something there, and due to some rules about CGs and PMF relationship CG organizers quickly selected the closest system just before CG started. That system is Mizar. Alliance just unlucky with that long-distance to the nearest large pad station.
But luckily the community reacted with a great cooperative job and a generally good mood.
As a compensation the total tonnage needed by the Alliance is 4 million lower than that of the other two and we get paid more per tonne than they do. As a result of that pay increase it is possible we will pick up more assistance if/when either of the other two finish after all the more facilities built the better if only because that means any attack’s on them will be less concentrated.

As a compensation the total tonnage needed by the Alliance is 4 million lower than that of the other two and we get paid more per tonne than they do. As a result of that pay increase it is possible we will pick up more assistance if/when either of the other two finish after all the more facilities built the better if only because that means any attack’s on them will be less concentrated.

Ah okay. That's cool. Well my ship transfers just arrived so I'm ready to get to work and lend a little hand in the final days.

Tha top 10% of Alliance pilots really deserve a vibrant trade decal :)

Sorry to whinge again, but I hope FDev are aware of the personal cost of this, and reward it suitably. They've managed to get over a thousand paying players to spend days of their free time flying in a straight line because of a mistake they made. I did my 82nd run today, but I personally cannot be bothered with ED anymore. This CG has killed it for me.

Sorry to whinge again, but I hope FDev are aware of the personal cost of this, and reward it suitably. They've managed to get over a thousand paying players to spend days of their free time flying in a straight line because of a mistake they made. I did my 82nd run today, but I personally cannot be bothered with ED anymore. This CG has killed it for me.
Its not an issue for Console players as they have remote access to play the title OUT SIDE the home or in another room and do cargo runs while doing actual at work tasks...
capture.jpeg

For PC players who have to use a at home only PC yep it can be an issue to get the time in... but thats a limitation of there Tower PC/VR set up...
As another poster stated on Some PCs people are running Multi clients and multi ships for those users its not an isue getting player time...
SCA has made cargo runs even easier to do while not actualy even looking at the screen at all that has altered Cargo CGs for ever...

Last edited:
Who told you to do 82 runs if you were not having fun?
What was the personal reason for overstraining yourself?

Sometimes I'm simply amazed by people. Maybe there should be some kind of obligatory test to check if they are capable of being in charge of their own entertainment?

When I see someone hauling cargo for this CG for 12 hours a day I'm trying not to judge (even if that's not something I'm capable of doing - at least not for free, because this sounds a lot like work), and I'm assuming they're having fun. Even if the fun is in the effect all this effort will bring, or whatever else they see as the reason for doing this.

To be realistic about it half of those players will have will have done 2 runs a day or less if they flew each day, I am comfortably in the top 10% and have only flown about 30 runs, I doubt that any of us in that sort of range of achievement would have spent significantly less time playing if the station was about the same range as the others in fact we might have spent more time playing.

However I am sorry you chose to grind yourself to burnout.

Who told you to do 82 runs if you were not having fun?
What was the personal reason for overstraining yourself?

Sometimes I'm simply amazed by people. Maybe there should be some kind of obligatory test to check if they are capable of being in charge of their own entertainment?

When I see someone hauling cargo for this CG for 12 hours a day I'm trying not to judge (even if that's not something I'm capable of doing - at least not for free, because this sounds a lot like work), and I'm assuming they're having fun. Even if the fun is in the effect all this effort will bring, or whatever else they see as the reason for doing this.

I guess today (or, actually, Wednesday) is just the point it stopped feeling like fun and started to just feel futile. And, I agree, 12 hours does seem a lot like work. I already have one job, and that one at least rewards me.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom