Allow buying and selling Mats

ALLOW BUYING AND SELLING MATS
LET MATERIAL TRADERS BUY AND SELL MATS TO PLAYERS.
SINCE GRINDING IS SUCH A BIG ELEMENT IN GETTING MATS,
AND GETTING CREDITS, LET PLAYERS MAKE CREDITS SELLING MATS.
AND THOSE THAT CHOOSE, BUY MATS WITH CREDITS THEY HAVE
DONE THE WORK FOR.
THIS WILL ALLOW PLAYERS MORE FREEDOM IN THEIR PLAY STYLE,
DOING WHAT THEY ENJOY WITHOUT BEING FORCED TO DO THINGS
THEY DON'T LIKE, WHICH TURNS INTO A GRIND FOR THEM.

It would get exploited.
The other day l followed a link to ebay where a cmdr was selling 1 billion credits for 90 bucks. Using his carrier as a go between.
That's the sort of mentality you have here and in fact all games online.
Theres a small bunch that screw it up for the rest of us.

It would get exploited.
The other day l followed a link to ebay where a cmdr was selling 1 billion credits for 90 bucks. Using his carrier as a go between.
That's the sort of mentality you have here and in fact all games online.
Theres a small bunch that screw it up for the rest of us.
I hear what your saying,
But why hold back something from everyone because of those who exploit ?
That is sorta like the Prohibition of Alcohol because some drink too much.

I hear what your saying,
But why hold back something from everyone because of those who exploit ?
That is sorta like the Prohibition of Alcohol because some drink too much.
Apart from those who would sell mats for cash money who would bother as there are so many ways already in the game to get credits easier and quicker.

Its actually much more like all the rules and laws to try and make money laundering difficult.

Its actually much more like all the rules and laws to try and make money laundering difficult.
It's actually the other way around. The harder they make it to launder money by selling mats and such, the easier it is to sell credits on Ebay because players don't have the means to get the credits. If they allowed us to buy and sell mats, it's another form of income players could use to earn money in game, that makes selling credits on Ebay far less possible because players can earn their own money and don't need to spend RL money buying it.

If someone else could mine the stuff on the planet and sell it to a broker, I'd be happy to buy it from a broker because I hate landing on a planets to mine since, the landing sequence takes forever, the nodes are scattered so far apart and the SRV scanner is really hard to interpret.

Last edited:
If someone else could mine the stuff on the planet and sell it to a broker, I'd be happy to buy it from a broker because I hate landing on a planets to mine since, the landing sequence takes forever, the nodes are scattered so far apart and the SRV scanner is really hard to interpret.

All this things, while they seem a problem for you, aren't actually true. The landing sequence certainly doesn't take forever, it does take practice though and you can be on the surface of a small body in a minute or so. You should always mine at geo or shard sites, they are packed together there, and the SRV scanner isn't hard to interpret if you know how, but is irrelevant anyway for geo and shard sites.

Practice landing on planets, never hunt in the open for nodes, ignore the scanner at geo and shard sites.

All this things, while they seem a problem for you, aren't actually true. The landing sequence certainly doesn't take forever, it does take practice though and you can be on the surface of a small body in a minute or so. You should always mine at geo or shard sites, they are packed together there, and the SRV scanner isn't hard to interpret if you know how, but is irrelevant anyway for geo and shard sites.

Practice landing on planets, never hunt in the open for nodes, ignore the scanner at geo and shard sites.
All you say is true, But adding another way to Get mats or Credits would be a plus for the game.
Mainly as a Time saving option, and allowing players more freedom in their choice of play style.

Materials function as additional limited-use currencies. It'd be better if they were actual tradable commodities that took up cargo space. CR/material conversion is implied. There's no need to eliminate existing game-play, and if their galactic prices were set high enough it could still be more time efficient to gather the materials directly rather than purchase them with CR. People who like to gather can continue to do so (and make some CR). People who like storing materials in hammer-space can convert the materials to CRs and rebuy as needed.

Everyone goes home happy.

I know what you mean...

Really all the game needs is to be able to have everything given to us all of the time without any effort or inconvenience...
While it's easy to scoff at, would it be the worst thing in the world? I used to play another space game, open world and roleplay oriented, in which it was ridiculously easy and fast to get the best things in the game. Nobody had to grind basically, which meant they could focus on actually doing stuff and interacting.

The fear is that by removing all of these mind-numbing grinds there wouldn't actually be that much left to do. I don't think it's the case and I would definitely welcome anything that lessens the grind (mats and ranks being the worst offenders to me).

I AGREE WITH YOU, JUST MAKE THEM PART OF THE ECONOMY, SUPPLIED ONLY BY PLAYERS
Yes, but separate from commodities so everything works same as currently,
by only having Mats Traders Buy and Sell them, that way it does not impact the Regular Market,
And does not effect storage, or the way Mats work now.

Top Bottom