Allow for Reloading of weapons when hardpoints are retracted

Self explanatory: let us reload our weapons magazine when the hardpoints of the ship are retracted. Balance by having said reload occur 5 seconds after the weapons are fully retracted. It would be convenient for keeping ammo counts balanced between fights without just firing off ammo, and it is balanced in combat by the need to be unable to shoot for about 10 seconds (the retraction animation + reload + deployment)

I support this, I like the added touch that there is a delay.

I would also like to see that there would take some time to do the actual reload, this time should depend on how many rounds etc that have to be reloaded. So a nearly weapon could be very close to the ingame reload time of an empty weapon.

I support this, I like the added touch that there is a delay.

I would also like to see that there would take some time to do the actual reload, this time should depend on how many rounds etc that have to be reloaded. So a nearly weapon could be very close to the ingame reload time of an empty weapon.

That’s actually the beauty of needing full retraction before reload applies, as the larger hardpoints take longer to retract and deploy, balancing firepower with how long reloading would take already.

So small hardpoints on a small ship reload faster than say a Vette with huge hardpoints that take a measurable time to retract and deploy.

Top Bottom