Allow guests to feed over water in talk point

Why can't we allow guests to feed animals if the talk point is near water? Currently it will complain 'Water obstructs food throw' but I think for certain animals that's aquatic it should make sense for guests to be able to throw food into water themselves. There should even be more additional mechanics i.e. throwing food into water would make water dirtier quickly and hence the needs for water filtration.

The mechanic doesn't allow guests to feed the animals - it is the educator who throws the food when there is no water (something I think is more accurate given that it is relatively rare for guests to be allowed to feed most animals in modern zoos as it causes big welfare issues with over feeding, messing up group dynamics by feeding lower status individuals first and causing the animals to exhibit behaviours they would never do in the wild). There is no animation or mechanic for food to be scattered in water whereas on the ground it just appears as an existing heap like the keepers leave behind.

Top Bottom