Allow players to sell and buy items on the Black Market

For more interaction between players we should be able to sell and buy items on the black market to other players. Now to keep this balanced you will still need to go the station that the items were originally sold at. I think this could increase player interaction and make smuggling a even more interesting profession.

As far as pricing goes that can either be left up to the players to drive the market or we can go off of the galactic average still.

With this you could even have a smuggling service or delivery service jobs for players to take....that other players would request.

Say I purchased some slaves on the black market but I also want them delivered to me. Another player could accept a transport mission and smuggle them to my chosen station where they would be waiting for me upon pick up.

This would create a Trader/Smuggler symbiosis.

"Allow players to sell and buy items on the Black Market"

I'm all for that but I doubt it will happen until they have sorted out stolen goods and a salvage mechanic.

Yes and yes. Smugglers should be involved with other smugglers even a sort of laundering service.

abandon cargo found in space should have a salvage penalty of 5% and the you can sell it legally or on the blackmarket. Its unfair that every piece of cargo you find is always reported as stolen.

I agree but I am assuming when we find a destroyed ship that it had "squawked" to the feds to let them know....this should not apply however in Anarchy space!

Maybe you could smuggle illegal ship parts? Smuggle the barrel first, then the cooling system, then the chamber, and then you assemble them elsewhere and you have an illegal gun for your ship, which gets you fined in empire space! Maybe? Or maybe it just turns into a cheaply bought gun, which you pay for in time rather than creds.

Why to buy goods from other players?

The economy is not run buy players, so there is plenty of everything.

edit. I am not saying that the economy should be run by players. Probably better that players are just insignificant tools of greater powers.

Last edited:
I think that black markets should be revamped seriously to make them a real tool to sell stolen/looted/illegal goods effectively however this game should avoid economy to be affected by players in a way of trading between each other.

Top Bottom