Allow Simultaneous Unloading/Loading

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but one major flaw in the current game is that guests have to completely unload and exit the ride station before the next batch of guests can load. This creates a huge, unnecessary bottleneck that results in queue times being much longer than they should -- especially if you place the station exit far away.

Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming release. Loving the game otherwise!

On some rides I 100% agree, but I will say that most roller coasters do wait for the previous passengers to get off. At least the ones I've been on seem to..

the exit air gate should close to allow the rows to enter the car instead of the station exit

That would be a good solution!
+1 for that if possible!
I would also like to place exit (sometimes also the entrance) on the short side of the ride (coasters) and not just on the long one!

-- especially if you place the station exit far away.

Well, that's your design decision.

Simultaneous load/unload would only work if the exit is on the opposite side of the station.
So you would still have to make that design decision.
You have the choice of creating the fastest, or the slowest exit strategy. All things are not equal.

Well, that's your design decision.

Simultaneous load/unload would only work if the exit is on the opposite side of the station.
So you would still have to make that design decision.
You have the choice of creating the fastest, or the slowest exit strategy. All things are not equal.
If it was a choice, there would be an upside to making them wait.
The way it's currently implemented, it's a skill challenge.
-You need to search the interface for the station design button and use the correct through-station button or be punished
-You need to position the exit as close as possible from the middle row of the train or be punished
-You need to build a bigger and more expensive station building spanning multiple floors or you'll have to build a road around the building and the track

On some rides I 100% agree, but I will say that most roller coasters do wait for the previous passengers to get off. At least the ones I've been on seem to..
That is a very poor excuse for not fixing the root of the problem.
It is true that roller coasters need time at the station to board and unboard properly, but the location of the exit door is a poor substitute for interesting gameplay and management.

I made some suggestions https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/19052-Coaster-station-animations-and-management

All I'm saying is in the real world, guests don't wait to start loading a train until everyone has *completely* exited the station. It's unrealistic and it doesn't make sense for this game to operate like that.

For example, in the SIlversmith Manor career game, take a look at the pre-built "Rolling Rapids" ride. It takes 25 seconds for guests to exit the ride before the next set of guests can board the raft. It doesn't make sense! The exit gates should close as soon as they're unloaded and let the next set board the ride.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The feedback of needing to better place ride exits is completely pointless and unhelpful. If that's the case, why even let it be an option where to place entrances/exits? Is such customization not the point of this (very cool) game?

All I'm saying is in the real world, guests don't wait to start loading a train until everyone has *completely* exited the station. It's unrealistic and it doesn't make sense for this game to operate like that.

For example, in the SIlversmith Manor career game, take a look at the pre-built "Rolling Rapids" ride. It takes 25 seconds for guests to exit the ride before the next set of guests can board the raft. It doesn't make sense! The exit gates should close as soon as they're unloaded and let the next set board the ride.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The feedback of needing to better place ride exits is completely pointless and unhelpful. If that's the case, why even let it be an option where to place entrances/exits? Is such customization not the point of this (very cool) game?

Now that we are talking about the river rapids ride...

Look. I also believe the peeps need to exit coasters faster. They walk too slow.
The water rides seem even slower. Lets keep that a separate discussion. I agree there.

The placement of the exit, is just a fact of life. It's a physical reality. If you place your exit alllllll the way at the back of the station, peeps have to walk farther. It takes longer. It's a fact. It's not magic. It's your choice. If we didn't have the choice of where to place entrances and exits, people would have FITS!!! See:RCTW as an example. ALL rides have preset entrances and exits.

And when you bring in "real world" as a defense, I provided one that has a two minute load time.

I'm not saying second stations wouldn't be nice to have either. Just they really won't speed up loading. It's an aesthetic and creative choice, and they would allow people to recreate real life coasters that do that.

I agree boarding times needs tweaked. But in instances where peeps exit and enter from the same side of the station, the peeps can't enter until the other peeps have left, and that's how it works in real life as well. Again, it's your choice which station platform you choose.

[edit] Sorry, I am mixing threads. The "second station" issue was a different thread. Sorry about that.
Everything else still applies.

Gah! Again, mixing threads, my reference of the 2 minute load time is as follows.

Real life example...

The Beast at Kings Island.
Has a throughput of about 1200 peeps an hour.
Runs three trains holding 36 people, each.
It's a 7,359 ft long coaster, and the ride lasts over 4 minutes.

1200 divided by 36 is 33 trains running per hour.
60 minutes divided by 33 trains equals 1.81.

The Beast load time is 2 minutes (rounded up).

Last edited:
Now that we are talking about the river rapids ride...

Look. I also believe the peeps need to exit coasters faster. They walk too slow.
The water rides seem even slower. Lets keep that a separate discussion. I agree there.

And when you bring in "real world" as a defense, I provided one that has a two minute load time.

I agree boarding times needs tweaked. But in instances where peeps exit and enter from the same side of the station, the peeps can't enter until the other peeps have left, and that's how it works in real life as well. Again, it's your choice which station platform you choose.
I think the issue here is not how much time boarding and unboarding takes, the issue is that peeps are waiting for everybody to have exited the station before being allowed to board the vehicle. (not just clear the platform, they wait until they clear the entire building)
It is infuriating to see an empty train, a completely clear platform, and nobody moving.

It also severely punishes any creative decision regarding the placement of the exit.

I just don't find the time that unrealistic. It "feels" about right to me. It's an opinion, but if we look at real life coasters real times, it supports my opinion.

I guess what you are looking for, is say once the peeps are 3 seconds away from the train, they should start to board. So that if your exit is all the way at the end, you aren't punished. I guess I'll buy that. I don't feel it's really necessary, but if that's the fix, I'd be fine. The exception is still same side boarding. They'd have to wait until the exiting peeps clear the air gates at a minimum.

(I'm still sorry I mixed threads in my previous response)

Here, I recorded a video showing how off this is. I highlighted the ride so you can see guests slowly make their way to the exit before the next set loads.

[video=youtube_share;gHa6Jy1YNVc]https://youtu.be/gHa6Jy1YNVc[/video]

As you can see, waiting until the guests completely leave the ride station before closing the exit air gates is pointless.

Also, looking at real coaster times and comparing them to PC is kinda silly given the game goes through days in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was ever called out yet...but I have found that if you place the ride exit at the end of the exit row (where the arrows are pointing away from the ride), the exit process does speed up a bit because the guest don't have to walk the entire length of the platform to reach the exit.

Almost every coaster I go on nowadays opens the air gates as soon as everyone's got out of the train, or in some cases even before then (a notable example is TH13TEEN at Alton Towers, where you get on right as the previous riders get off).

There are two key problems relating to this in Planet Coaster at the moment (not including the OP's point):

- There's the option to have the entrance and exit on the same side of the station. This means that the previous riders would have to leave the platform before the air gates could open. I don't think I've ever seen a coaster with that setup in real life (maybe at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, but that's really old).

- Rapids and Log Flumes don't have the conveyor/rotating stations that they always have in real life, which is necessary to make them efficient. It means you can load a boat every 15 seconds rather than every 30 seconds.

So yeah, generally I absolutely agree that they need to sort out loading and unloading. It doesn't feel very realistic at all, and it makes rides unnecessarily inefficient.

Last edited:
Here, I recorded a video showing how off this is. I highlighted the ride so you can see guests slowly make their way to the exit before the next set loads.

https://youtu.be/gHa6Jy1YNVc

As you can see, waiting until the guests completely leave the ride station before closing the exit air gates is pointless.

Also, looking at real coaster times and comparing them to PC is kinda silly given the game goes through days in a matter of seconds.

Silversmith Manor was the first time I really noticed what was going on. It's made even more of a pain in that scenario as you can't edit the building, so you can't move the exit closer to the exit gate. Very frustrating, especially with the constant notification that they think the queue is too long. There's not much I can do about that.

In the original RCT games, even if you put the exit at the very end of the platform, loading would still happen even if there were peeps still walking to the exit. They would also unload the moment the train stopped in the station, instead of when it go to the front, which I think should happen as well. That would help a lot with loading/unloading speeds as well as excitement as guests wouldn't be stuck sitting in a station waiting for the other trains to load/unload. Even if it only happens on a left entrance/right exit (or right entrance/left exit) style I think it would be a huge improvement to making the game more enjoyable.

I also notice that the entrance closes when people are unloading and wont reopen until the exit closes. The entrance should just remain open to let peeps to continue to come in.

Top Bottom