Allow use of pre 3.3 Advanced Discovery Scanner

The way I see it guys is that these 'thread negative' interjections are simply because they're happy with the results they're getting since the FSS dropped,
Look at what they feel they have to lose.

:Free Credits.. the many MR planets are close enough to the star to get a free buzz!
:Free tags, don't even have to press a button now to get the tag to your name!
:Super quick System Scans... don't even need to move for that star and all of it's planets 500kls away!
:Free slot!
:Credits back for the extracted module!

But if ED realise the error and reinstall the 'map on honk' then they might just look at other things as well...
Like.
Adjust the cost of this 'end game' FSS module Cr 50-100 mcr
Adjust the size of this 'end game' FSS module to slot 3-4 (after all look at how big fuel scoops have to be, mine are 64tons...for a clipper!)
Adjust the power usage, perhaps 3A output, perhaps even 30 second systems shutdown on honk!

This thing is a God module, it's a brute, an all seeing and all doing thing for the pilot that has everything except the inclination to explore!

The way I see it guys is that these 'thread negative' interjections are simply because they're happy with the results they're getting since the FSS dropped,
Look at what they feel they have to lose.

:Free Credits.. the many MR planets are close enough to the star to get a free buzz!
:Free tags, don't even have to press a button now to get the tag to your name!
:Super quick System Scans... don't even need to move for that star and all of it's planets 500kls away!
:Free slot!
:Credits back for the extracted module!

But if ED realise the error and reinstall the 'map on honk' then they might just look at other things as well...
Like.
Adjust the cost of this 'end game' FSS module Cr 50-100 mcr
Adjust the size of this 'end game' FSS module to slot 3-4 (after all look at how big fuel scoops have to be, mine are 64tons...for a clipper!)
Adjust the power usage, perhaps 3A output, perhaps even 30 second systems shutdown on honk!

This thing is a God module, it's a brute, an all seeing and all doing thing for the pilot that has everything except the inclination to explore!
Cool joke. Made me laugh a lot

I meant discussion in this thread to result in a way that not a single group loses on anything.
Unfortunately, as was evident during 3.3 Beta discussions and elsewhere there will always be those that will oppose the ADS-replacement/SMC idea just because it unveils the map.

Some claim the map is a reward, yet there is literally no objective basis for this assertion.

Beta discussions and elsewhere there will always be those that will oppose the ADS-replacement/SMC idea just because it unveils the map.
As stated by those who seemed as being agains the idea i'm glad to know They are not completely against it but would show support should the ADS(You name it) come in altered form, with certain limitations.

But it's time they should admit the truth and make some compromises here.
While i'm keen on having the ADS(again, You name it) back in the game, at this point i only want FD to step out and say anything.
Whether They are considering it or that everything is working as intended and is not subject to change.
We can argue all we want but in the end it's their call.

As stated by those who seemed as being agains the idea i'm glad to know They are not completely against it but would show support should the ADS(You name it) come in altered form, with certain limitations.
Those and They are a pretty bold generalisation in this context. And not at all biased. :p
Some of Them and Those would come a little closer to the truth, won't you think so?

Last edited:
So would it be alright if the ADS/SMC were hog tied to the extent of just being a map... an Optional System map reveal?
whereas, it doesn't do anything except be a map of the system once honked!
Those that like it can fit it and enjoy their game.
Those that don't like it can 'not' fit it and enjoy their game.

The only limitations they will accept based on the rhetoric to date has no foundations in objective reasoning - just blatant spite, that much is abundantly clear.

The simple fact is even if the map gave exactly the same level of information as the legacy ADS they would lose out on nothing yet they will not accept that objective and indisputable fact.

...at this point i only want FD to step out and say anything.
Whether They are considering it or that everything is working as intended and is not subject to change.
We can argue all we want but in the end it's their call.
That's not really how FD do things.

It is working as intended, until it's not, at which point they will make changes. They aren't going to commit to anything, one way or another, until they decide to commit to something. :)

But you are correct, it is their call, and they will do with the game what they think will get or keep people playing. This and the other threads like it will either be used as references, or they won't. It might be nice if they are, so they don't go and simply make the FSS honk reveal the system map, which would mess it up for those who dislike the reveal. Let's hope... :)

The only limitations they will accept based on the rhetoric to date has no foundations in objective reasoning - just blatant spite, that much is abundantly clear.

The simple fact is even if the map gave exactly the same level of information as the legacy ADS they would lose out on nothing yet they will not accept that objective and indisputable fact.
Nothing to do with spite and there has been nothing objective that cannot be used the other way round.

This is a pathetic attempt to ignore anyone's opinion that doesn't line up with your own, by calling it something it isn't. It is truly and utterly pathetic and deserves the contempt I show it.

But it's great Tennis to pull this whole thing up like a court case, even more ridiculous the attempt to put those in the dock whose only offence is to like what they got. Just brilliant! :ROFLMAO:

And then this never ending haggling like camel merchants over something that never has been offered in the first place. Mind-bogglingly. 🥳
While some of these armchair advocates meanwhile sound like a broken record

Last edited:
Top Bottom