Allow use of pre 3.3 Advanced Discovery Scanner

T6jghOC.gif

Beta discussions and elsewhere there will always be those that will oppose the ADS-replacement/SMC idea just because it unveils the map.
As stated by those who seemed as being agains the idea i'm glad to know They are not completely against it but would show support should the ADS(You name it) come in altered form, with certain limitations.

But it's time they should admit the truth and make some compromises here.
While i'm keen on having the ADS(again, You name it) back in the game, at this point i only want FD to step out and say anything.
Whether They are considering it or that everything is working as intended and is not subject to change.
We can argue all we want but in the end it's their call.

So would it be alright if the ADS/SMC were hog tied to the extent of just being a map... an Optional System map reveal?
whereas, it doesn't do anything except be a map of the system once honked!
Those that like it can fit it and enjoy their game.
Those that don't like it can 'not' fit it and enjoy their game.

As stated by those who seemed as being agains the idea i'm glad to know They are not completely against it but would show support should the ADS(You name it) come in altered form, with certain limitations.
The only limitations they will accept based on the rhetoric to date has no foundations in objective reasoning - just blatant spite, that much is abundantly clear.

The simple fact is even if the map gave exactly the same level of information as the legacy ADS they would lose out on nothing yet they will not accept that objective and indisputable fact.

...at this point i only want FD to step out and say anything.
Whether They are considering it or that everything is working as intended and is not subject to change.
We can argue all we want but in the end it's their call.

That's not really how FD do things.

It is working as intended, until it's not, at which point they will make changes. They aren't going to commit to anything, one way or another, until they decide to commit to something. :)

But you are correct, it is their call, and they will do with the game what they think will get or keep people playing. This and the other threads like it will either be used as references, or they won't. It might be nice if they are, so they don't go and simply make the FSS honk reveal the system map, which would mess it up for those who dislike the reveal. Let's hope... :)

The only limitations they will accept based on the rhetoric to date has no foundations in objective reasoning - just blatant spite, that much is abundantly clear.

The simple fact is even if the map gave exactly the same level of information as the legacy ADS they would lose out on nothing yet they will not accept that objective and indisputable fact.
Nothing to do with spite and there has been nothing objective that cannot be used the other way round.

This is a pathetic attempt to ignore anyone's opinion that doesn't line up with your own, by calling it something it isn't. It is truly and utterly pathetic and deserves the contempt I show it.

But it's great Tennis to pull this whole thing up like a court case, even more ridiculous the attempt to put those in the dock whose only offence is to like what they got. Just brilliant! :ROFLMAO:

And then this never ending haggling like camel merchants over something that never has been offered in the first place. Mind-bogglingly. 🥳
While some of these armchair advocates meanwhile sound like a broken record
broken-record-gif-5.gif

The broken record cuts both ways including you ;)

You still can fly to planets to explore them. You can honk. Open up the system map. Cherry pick what might be interesting and fly to it. You get close enough poof it’s discovered, game even tells you it’s discovered. That function was not removed. You can choose to not use FSS and still do it the previous way.

You still can fly to planets to explore them. You can honk. Open up the system map. Cherry pick what might be interesting and fly to it. You get close enough poof it’s discovered, game even tells you it’s discovered. That function was not removed. You can choose to not use FSS and still do it the previous way.

Honking nowadays reveals nothing in the system map.

Okaaay. Not too sure what your issue is. None of what you are saying makes any sense. Why are you in combat mode when exploring. Why are you unneccsarily coming to a halt to honk. You are the one complaining about it. All I was doing is showing you that there is a faster and more efficient way to do it. If you like it as it is, why are you complaining.

All it is, is showing you there are other ways. I don't give a rats backside if you change it or not. I just find it a bit odd. Lets complain about the time it takes, then someone shows you that it can be shorter, then you shout at them for telling you that. Also I don't get the bit about not being able to steer your ship.

Also what the hell has four years of honking got to do with anything I said. I have had well over four years of honking. Does that make me the winner?

Your post is unnecessarily aggressive.
I owe you an apology here MAX..
I have just re organised my keybinds, and at the time of this 'heated discussion' I did not realise that I could Still honk from outside the FSS, I had bound my buttons incorrectly (probably still have) and was having to be very careful lest I enter FSS mode while skimming at flat out and crash into the star,
My fault, I was wrong.

I apologise.

I owe you an apology here MAX..
I have just re organised my keybinds, and at the time of this 'heated discussion' I did not realise that I could Still honk from outside the FSS, I had bound my buttons incorrectly (probably still have) and was having to be very careful lest I enter FSS mode while skimming at flat out and crash into the star,
My fault, I was wrong.

I apologise.
No worries mate. Glad you got your bindings sorted.

Taking away something from a game is sometimes just necessary to gain some gameplay in return.

Sometimes it is. In the other thread DarkFyre99 gave an example of surface deposit surveying, which was made obsolete by including the mats data in the DSS scan results. The FSS provides this detail too, albeit not longer in an optional way as it was before 3.3. I provided an example where the 20,000ly route plotter effectively eliminated a challenge I enjoyed too.

In both cases it was improving the game, but at a cost - power creep. Lots of updates have done this kind of thing.

That isn't the case with the removal of the old discovery functionality, one set of features was added, and another, separate set of features was removed. I gave an analogy of adding jump gates & nerfing jump ranges, again in another thread. Adding jump gates has pros & cons, but doesn't require any change to the pre-existing fast travel mechanism, they can both co-exist. Same with this.

Sometimes it is. In the other thread DarkFyre99 gave an example of surface deposit surveying, which was made obsolete by including the mats data in the DSS scan results. The FSS provides this detail too, albeit not longer in an optional way as it was before 3.3. I provided an example where the 20,000ly route plotter effectively eliminated a challenge I enjoyed too.

In both cases it was improving the game, but at a cost - power creep. Lots of updates have done this kind of thing.
I disagree here. I think having the material percentages shown was not good. That should be done with the probes. It would make a better gameplay loop for planets without POI.

That isn't the case with the removal of the old discovery functionality, one set of features was added, and another, separate set of features was removed. I gave an analogy of adding jump gates & nerfing jump ranges, again in another thread. Adding jump gates has pros & cons, but doesn't require any change to the pre-existing fast travel mechanism, they can both co-exist. Same with this.
That is a matter of opinion. I found the old mechanics cheap. To add them back in would cheapen the game for me.

Jump gates would also cheapen the game for me.

So in my view, it would have a negative effect on the game whether I don't have to use it or not. Just like galaxy wide telepresence cheapens the game for me, even though I don't use it.

All these inconsistencies, even though I don't have to use them would add a detrimental effect on the game for me.

I disagree here. I think having the material percentages shown was not good. That should be done with the probes. It would make a better gameplay loop for planets without POI.

That is a matter of opinion. I found the old mechanics cheap. To add them back in would cheapen the game for me.

Jump gates would also cheapen the game for me.

So in my view, it would have a negative effect on the game whether I don't have to use it or not. Just like galaxy wide telepresence cheapens the game for me, even though I don't use it.

All these inconsistencies, even though I don't have to use them would add a detrimental effect on the game for me.
There are a shed load of things that (like you) cheapen the game for me, some of which greatly disadvantages my chosen way of playing (since Game Drop), telepresence can affect other players not doing it (if I understand correctly) as someone many light years away away can 'te-pres' in to their mate's game and shoot you, affecting you in a negative way.

Me on the other hand having a 'map module'* (I don't want to call it an ADS because it wouldn't be that) could only affect your game in a positive way if at all, by leaving a 'virgin/pristine' system for you to discover when I passed through, all first discoveries would be yours should I choose not to scan the system, but for that 'affect you' part you'd have to be visiting the stars I visited... so you wouldn't really even know I'd been there or that you were being affected by me having the map module, with the exception of seeing it as a module in the shop you couldn't see it affecting you, unless, it's like seeing Marmite on the shelf and not wanting other people to have it.

*Fitting the map module should turn off Auto discover... I detest that more than anything else... with a darkness

Top Bottom