Almost beginning to wish FD would add credits for real cash in the store

Thats easy Buy a Cutter I tried Types 6-7-9 Meh I suspect the 10 is brethren

No rank for Cutter (or Corvette). Never did those grinds and since my homeworld is in alliance/indepdent space, i never accrued the ranks passively either.

But thing is, i want to mind in a type 10... well, actually, i wanted to in a type 9, but that MLF is just abysmal and i keep hoping FD will change it. I love the feeling of being a miner i get in a Type X.

Just wait until days where it's selling for 1.6m/t and get 3-4 "no life" trips in. That was how I did the last 4 or so billion for my goal.

True, that helps a bit.

Nobody want to chip in with other suggestions on things to do though?

From my experience, robigo passenger missions are close enough to mining to provide an alternate. Not sure about masscre missions, and someone not long ago mentioned something about trading in polymers?

I'd also pick an Anaconda over almost any other ship for mining, it has space for everything, but not too much cargo capacity, to limit the amount of time you spend per trip. I was averaging a bit over 1 hour/trip and getting 190-240t on a decent day. 208 tons is the point where, with good prices you'll get the magical 333,333,333cr per haul, so three hauls of 208t or more will get you 1 billion credits a day, with about 3-4 hours of work.

True, that helps a bit.

Nobody want to chip in with other suggestions on things to do though?

From my experience, robigo passenger missions are close enough to mining to provide an alternate. Not sure about masscre missions, and someone not long ago mentioned something about trading in polymers?
the price range on Polymers is 37c-9000c best I had was 63-4800 and a good return cargo but thats time limited I have got a Station right now thats buying water from me as a mining mission 25 water 2.2m or very good mats and they sell it in there commodity market lol for 35c

I don't know how many hours per week you put in, but there's no need to grind out the necessary billions immediately or continuously. Put in a mining run or two then go do something more fun, like batting through a canyon in a stupidly fast Viper III. Get a python optimised for Robigo and put in a couple of hours of coach tripping gangsters to Sothis and then go do something more fun, like massacre missions or res sites.

You'll accrue wealth fast enough but won't go mad with the grind.

Honestly, if exploring is your thing, I really don't think its worth the effort & hours to grind at activities that aren't your primary draw to the game. And there is a good chance that once you get the FC it might not even meet your exploration expectations.

With the huge cooldown on the FC travel it won't be very practical for star hopping & tagging. It might be good as a base of operations. Personally I am counting on other cmdrs to set-up FC facilities in strategic remote locations. As an explorer I will get better use out of a couple dozen FCs that other cmdrs have pre-stationed for me around the galaxy..

Find a good spot to do Palladium delivery missions when the moon (states) is right... 120t pay 10 million. Might be easier out here in Colonia with fewer target systems and being allied with about all factions. Most of the 4 billion I made in the past 6 weeks have been from hauling with some moderate mining when the LTD price hits a million somewhere for a change and some 250 million from exploration 200 lightyears from Colonia. Didn't think I could make this much in this amount of time.

Nah to this AA.

Carriers have probably the most absurd grindwall-to-content ratio FDev have deployed to date, for sure, but cash for access isn’t a key I want to see.

The grindwall cadence has always struck me as a way to prolong engagement with minimal bespoke content. (And lord knows content is at an absolute premium right now...). The preferable solution would for more content to be added, allowing them to relax the gating somewhat. More to occupy noobs & vets all round etc.

We know there’s a chunk of content coming in the DLC. Hopefully that can push the needle in the right direction overall. (Although it will assuredly bring grind of its own ;))

Like Max says, if you really want that latest shiny, maybe set your target back and mix it up a bit. Some cred grind, some doing what you actually like. Otherwise what’s the point in playing? ;)

What we need is to reset the credit system. Get rid of gold rushes. Keep the ship prices the same. Keep a ll trade goods relatively the same. Any trade good should be viable to the right market with up to 300% markup (but usually around 40%). Make fuel cost a factor in the journey. Maintenance costs should factor in as well. Missions should pay less, particularly cargo delivery missions and fetch missions. Pay should be based on risk. I'm not a combat pilot myself but it's the most risky endeavor. Smuggling should be right up there as one of the highest paying jobs. Penalties that scale to the illegality of the action. Want millions of CR? Get to the top of a CG. That's as big as a gold rush should get.
Then bring the price of the fleet carrier down to 1.5 billion and the maintenance manageable by three dedicated players or one insane one who doesnt sleep. That way credits mean something and the cost is prohibitive but not impossible for one player, if they want one that bad. Nothing has value anymore. This is a credit sink for an economy that makes an integer of sense. Profit creep and the laziness of its implementation is the first thing to address before anything else is worth fixing. If they sold credits it might force them to reevaluate some kind of idea where they want to take this.

To be fair, we've had over a year of the mining gold rush while knowing that mega-expensive FCs were coming. You didn't have to wait to grind it out at the last minute.
Personally, I never assumed FD would be so stupid as to do something that lacking in intelligent design. But hey, here we are.

well, people are complaining for years already that credits have no value and there is no point in racking credits while at the same time the game had various gold rushes...
and now when FD introduces a goal for credit accumulation and a credit sink at the same time - people want to buy credits for cash?

My expectations were reset by v3.3.
Fortunately I never had any real use for a Fleet Holder so I'm not disappointed this time around.

There is potential for carriers to rock the boat with faction supporters, FDev seem to be aware of this & have taken steps to mitigate some of this, but really it will depend on how they are deployed & used by players rather than intrinsically making the game worse by removing options as was done in 3.3. Hopefully all existing tactics & methods of manipulation will continue to be available, plus some extra choices will be added which might prove to be OP.

I don't see the same potential for issues with Carriers that we had with the changes to exploration, where a lack of choice was and continues to be an issue.

Running costs will be a factor in how much use a carrier might get for BGS influence, a large group may have a dedicated player whose role will become carrier maintenance so that the rest of the group can benefit from it's utility. A smaller group may not have the spare resources (time) to maintain one.

Deleted member 38366

D
I've never mined in Borann and easily made the Credits last year to transfer my entire Fleet from Colonia back to the bubble.

Looking back, that was more less one fully equipped Fleet Carrier invested already ;)
Now I'm looking at 8.4B in cash again and never grinded for these. Just the occasional in-between Mining runs, quite a bit of Exploration and a few Missions. Nothing spectacular.

IMHO even in single Hotspots and much much more so in any generic Double Hotspot... A Fleet Carrier is almost a non-issue to purchase.
Biggest question any potential future Carrier owner should rather ask himself : do I really need and want one? Do I have a plan for it?

That'd be the only worst-case Scenario... Someone really grinding like crazy for one - just to find out the experience isn't as cool as expected... and that the hoped-for benefits don't set in.

i'm very anti pay2win and against FD doing this ... i'd be willing to pay real money to avoid all this.

Classic publisher microtransactions, just look at EA / Ubi / Acti, introduce "oh they're just cosmetics". Then move to "oh they're just optional, no real impact" mechanics (like engineers when first released, they said this to OSX players). Then introduce something with grind. Then "oh we're just listening to the players" to introduce 'timesavers', purchasable in-game resources, etc.

Very slippery slope.

:rolleyes:

Classic publisher microtransactions, just look at EA / Ubi / Acti, introduce "oh they're just cosmetics"...

Then introduce something with grind.

They’re on a pretty slow boil if so. ED launched with massive grindwalls & cosmetic micro transactions ;)

Possibly there’s a philosophy change afoot now (both ARX & Carriers seemingly seeking to incentivise game hours raised an eyebrow). But I don’t think it adds up to P2W planning as yet.

To date they seem to still be following the broad anti-P2W philosophy they set out with. Monetising via paid DLCs + cosmetics. IE:

There has also been some discussion about pricing; if you buy the game as soon as it comes out, we expect it to cost $60/€50/£40 for your first season, then $45/€37.5/£30 for each subsequent season, including all expansions, ships, vehicles, and features through the season in that price, with just vanity items and clothing etc sold on top of that. It is much less than other multiplayer annually-updated AAA games, and works better than subscriptions, paying for each expansion separately, because these would be more expensive overall, and would not keep the player base together in the same way. The season model also enables us to discount the original game over time, to bring more players to the world. What we are doing is unique in having forwards and backwards compatibility, and our model enables us to do that while moving the game forwards in terms of hardware spec, and keeping the central servers running. I am strongly against pay-to-win by charging for ships or in-game money, so this seems to be a good solution.

EDIT:

One reason to think they might stick with that system, beyond the big dev run for the PDLC itself suggesting a sizeable paid product, is the likelihood that it will feature Legs.

FDev haven’t been coy about saying that would open up new cosmetics options:

Braben: Don’t forget, we’ve also got the skins and stuff like that. We’ve not done pay-to-win but we have done things that make your ship shinier, and obviously as that becomes richer, as you can walk around inside your ships, things like leather upholstery are also things that we can do. It’s not a pay-to-win thing but actually makes your ship more shiny.

Which I’m cool with, if it all keeps P2W at bay ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom