AMA - first edition (Arthur, Bruce, Stephen & Paul)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Will notoriety and crime and punishment ever be fixed? I'd love for a PvP bounty hunter role, where the risk (extremely high) of rebuy is matched by the other Cmdr's bounties, so that there could be a meaningful high skill PvP interaction that isn't seal clubbing. And will seal clubbing ever be fixed, such as making notoriety something that you can't actually sleep off? Seal clubbing is the biggest obstacle for new players staying in open, and I feel with the inrush of new Cmdrs, we need seal clubbing to be one of the most dangerous and risky professions in the entire game, not the easiest and lowest risk that directly affects everyone's game play and makes open a barren wasteland outside of a handful of systems.

Any plans on adding a hotkey to activate and deactivate supercruise assist to the currently selected target?

Any plans on a revamp of how ignoring mining fragments on the target list is managed?

Alternatives are an ongoing discussion with dev - as soon as plans are made, we'll let the community know.
Thank you, this is a really big deal for me and I think a lot of other people - I stopped playing because the grind was too bad, and I can't recommend Elite to friends while the high end content is so dull to play, and especially lacks any kind of useful multiplayer component.

Arthur Tolmie

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi! A question about exploration.

Are there any plans to implement a blackbox that can be re-salvaged scheme for exploration data lost at ship loss? Please say yes.

I find the way this stuff is now quite badly done, personally. Exploration isn't paying so fine anyways, and after a big expedition, there is no "save point slot" as with any other activity. The danger to explorers to lose real-life months or even more time of gameplay is much higher than with any other ED playstyle.
I like the idea of a black box let me pass it on.

-Arf

Saud kruger coloured / customization heat vents are there any plans for these in the shop?

mSGIhij.png

Quick question about the lighting changes in the Odyssey Update: Is it going to be a sweeping change to all or most light sources, including ships interiors/exteriors and system stars? Or will it be limited to stations and the atmospheric planets?

I'd like to make a suggestion: please make CQC free to play permanently. I think this would a) allow more CQC matches to happen more quickly, b) bring even more Cmdrs to the game. It would be lovely to have an indication on the Comms panel as to how many Cmdrs are queued for a game, so folks looking for a bit of fun can do so.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
I'd like to make a suggestion: please make CQC free to play permanently. I think this would a) allow more CQC matches to happen more quickly, b) bring even more Cmdrs to the game. It would be lovely to have an indication on the Comms panel as to how many Cmdrs are queued for a game, so folks looking for a bit of fun can do so.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom