AMA II: Question Boogaloo - Arthur, Bruce, Stephen and Paul

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "Bruce Garrido, publicación: 8828253, miembro: 249391"]
Actualmente no, pero gracias por la sugerencia / mostrar interés; podría ver que se ofrecen si hay una demanda adecuada.
[/CITAR]
yoia encantado con un COVAS en Castellano!!!

The bookmark mechanics in the Galaxy Map work to a degree but something that would be a good 'quality of life' change would be to have your top few favourite books marks (3 or 4 of them) shown as a selectable item on the Navigation Panel for ease and quickness of selection ... especially in VR where the Galaxy Map usage is an 'interesting experience'. Is this something that would ever be considered?

Oh and many many thanks for this thread and all the great work you guys at FDev are doing!

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Covid-19 has been taking its toll not just on peoples health but also on the way companies go about their business - FDev moved to working from home and as stated here and elsewhere this has slowed down the collaboration of the team. I was wondering if there was actually something positive a result of this? Any changes the team will keep?
I can't speak for everyone, but personally I've enjoyed many aspects of working from home. The commute is much shorter for one. It's not clear just yet what changes Frontier will make post-Covid19 but I'd be very happy with the option to do a couple days in the office and a few days at home each week.

Dear CMs, i've expressed my dissapointment with your answers in these threads, and i see the same pattern emerging this time. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but the ones that seem to get answered are mainly suggestions phrased as questions, and we have a suggestion subforum dedicated to suggestions anyway.

The things you are saying i feel could be better served outside the AMA, either by CM responses in the suggestion threads and other threads elsewhere. Yes, it would take a lot of time and constant activity, but it would show the CMs are listening, even if nothing specific can be said or done at the time.

For example, the pelthora of PWA threads. If a CM had jumped in the first one and said that you are aware and looking into it, then the community themselves will spread your post when duplicates crop up. Rather than saying nothing for well over a month and only then answering it while people complain and complain.

This i feel is where the CMs could be most valuable. Not in AMAs where you are restricted in what you can say anyway.

So, onto my question/suggestion - since your hands are tied as to what you can say, why not make the AMAs focused on a specific topic (not so much AMAs then, more Ask us about X)? Get the green light to answer questions on specific things, then open the floor to questions. Do an AMA on the BGS, an AMA on powerplay, an AMA on the new SRVs (if they are coming). Things you know you can give actual new information about or clarify existing things for people when public information on a topic is lacking.

Can you increase payouts for solo mining missions as some commodities can be sold for more credits than what missions offer?

For example a mining mission from a faction that I have high reputation with would pay around 2 million credits for 24 units of Osmium but the average sell price for osmium is roughly 200,000 credits to 250,000 credits per unit. So I would make around 2 million credits just selling around 8 to 10 units of Osmium at best sell station.

Arthur Tolmie

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I guess this kind of posts are good to keep the community engaged, so thanks for doing this. However, most of your replies are quite underwhelming:

"I'll pass it along"
"There are no plans at the moment"
"We don't have anything to announce"
"We don't have any details to share"
"We can't confirm anything about that"

Any chance we could get an AMA with the people actually doing the decision making in Elite? The Lead Designer maybe?

Thanks.
There are no plans for that at the moment - Arf

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
That's all for this week, Commanders!

Thank you for taking the time to join us and submitting your questions. We hope you've enjoyed the answers and found them useful. For any that we didn't have time to get to, please consider joining us at the same time next week!

As before, we'll be live again at 15:00 UTC next Wednesday.

o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom