AMA IV - Happy 3307

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Happy new year, glad the P word is still on for discussion (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Q: Really to stop rampant speculation, but what are the repercussions of Lakon being bought out? Some people are freaking out that Lakon will just shrivel up and all ships locked / stop being sold- what is the scope of change Galnet stories can achieve? The same for Mahon, some Alliance fools think a new Power is going to pop up if Eddie loses. I get you can't divulge plot, but how much can Galnet be allowed to change?

I am very keen to know if there are any plans at all to revisit comets and complete visuals for them? I think it would be an awesome addition to the game to have another type of solar object that we can visit.

I know from reading older forum posts that they were included in the stellar forge and they are actually already in the galaxy, we just cant see them. One example being the Pareco system that has a number of stations orbiting a comet.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Happy new year, glad the P word is still on for discussion (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Q: Really to stop rampant speculation, but what are the repercussions of Lakon being bought out? Some people are freaking out that Lakon will just shrivel up and all ships locked / stop being sold- what is the scope of change Galnet stories can achieve? The same for Mahon, some Alliance fools think a new Power is going to pop up if Eddie loses. I get you can't divulge plot, but how much can Galnet be allowed to change?

We can't go into detail about this right now as we don't want to spoil story details. We have no plans for ships to become unavailable, though.

Q: Could you clarify the lore about when our commander is a real person and when they are a hologram (piloting ship, multi-crewing in a ship, in ship launched fighters and in SRV)?

What will players see when physical multicrew deploy from a dropship? Is it a fade to black (like SRVs now), and you are stood outside the ship, or is there some animation or routine (like move to an airlock) before we jump out into battle?

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Normally these AMA threads with the CM team are at school kicking out time in the UK. Are there any plans to vary the time they will be open for to allow other sections of the community the opportunity to ask questions during this short window of opportunity?

We can certainly think about it, we want to fit in time to speak to the community around other things we do during the day, and as of right now this is the best time to do so.

We know that VR gameplay is not planned for Odyssey (but there is the in-cockpit flat-screen option), however would it be possible to add a VR camera option to the vanity cam? Just a simple way to stand in the world of Odyssey, in VR. No gameplay or movement needs to be attached.

This would provide a way for content creators to record in VR in Odyssey (and is also life-or-death for a certain mechanic's videos). :)

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
What will players see when physical multicrew deploy from a dropship? Is it a fade to black (like SRVs now), and you are stood outside the ship, or is there some animation or routine (like move to an airlock) before we jump out into battle?
For ship to foot gameplay, the transition will be much like the current ship to SRV transition. I'm not sure specifically for physical multicrew transitions from drop ships, so will ask but expect the same.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
I am very keen to know if there are any plans at all to revisit comets and complete visuals for them? I think it would be an awesome addition to the game to have another type of solar object that we can visit.

I know from reading older forum posts that they were included in the stellar forge and they are actually already in the galaxy, we just cant see them. One example being the Pareco system that has a number of stations orbiting a comet.

This is something we can certainly ask the development team about!

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
We know that VR gameplay is not planned for Odyssey (but there is the in-cockpit flat-screen option), however would it be possible to add a VR camera option to the vanity cam? Just a simple way to stand in the world of Odyssey, in VR. No gameplay or movement needs to be attached.

This would provide a way for content creators to record in VR in Odyssey (and is also life-or-death for a certain mechanic's videos). :)
That's a great suggestion, we'll pass it along for consideration to the Odyssey dev team. It'd be fantastic to see more of that mechanic!

No plans currently - would you prefer these were limited in supply and bought like limpets? Sounds rough for explorers.
Can they be bought or synthesised and then you can remove the time delay after firing 3 probes? Pilots who use probes carefully need to synthesise less of them. Those that prefer to just spam 50 probes quickly can do that too. While you're at it, remove the need to be going so slowly to fire them - if they miss because I'm going too fast, they miss (could be an engineering mod)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom