Horizons Amazed at how dumb some steam reviewers are...... <facepalm>

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm shaking my head at many of the recent bad reviews given to EDH. It seems to me that most are caused by the player/reviewer NOT carefully studying the manual and possibly remapping the controls to suit them. One person even admitted to "...randomly pressing buttons on their keyboard to see what happens" as a way of learning. Not good there folks! :mad:

You'd think people would at least have the sense to ask questions and possibly search YouTube for 'how-to' vids.... but no. Was the manual too difficult to understand for you? I'm a high school dropout for pete's sake and I picked up on it right away, so why can't you? :mad:

You twerps claim the game is boring? Really?!?! Did you read GalNet? Have you tried participating in CQC? Community events? Tune in to Radio Sidewinder? Common sense suggests that if you get tired of doing any one game activity, do a different one for awhile to break the monotony.

Why the bloody hell does it seem that so many of you complainers expect to earn millions of credits your first day? Just like in real life you start out slow...... make wise decisions and build a reputation. And for goodness sake, don't fly without insurance? Just like in real life, you will wind up screwing yourself silly!

Stations and planets all look alike? Well venture more than 20 light years away from your home base once in awhile will ya please? Leave the civilization bubble and go see the nebula up close... lots of variation and some extremely rare 'surprises' are out there waiting to be found. If you twerps actually would read GalNet and the forums... you would KNOW THIS!!!! :mad:

I'm tired of the ignorant & uninformed bashing this game/simulation. I personally love it, and hope this message enlightens some folk out there. Criticize me if you want too, I don't care.

Now that I've said what I've needed to say, I'm gonna go have a smokey and blow some stuff up. Fly safe commanders.....

Luv,

Zorkie

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen, commander.

Everyone on Steam praises the indie rogue-like games (which I find really un-fun, most of the time) for the insane difficulty, yet the same people are sending Elite to hell and beyond without even TRYING to understand the mechanics.

Preposterous.

Last edited:
Most steam players don't know what they're buying half the time, cough early access survival cough, so I'm not surprised they know nothing.

1.4 million players know better. :)

The dumbos can go grief each other in the latest version of Call of Duty or whatever, so we can get on with enjoying the game.

I'm shaking my head at many of the recent bad reviews given to EDH. It seems to me that most are caused by the player/reviewer NOT carefully studying the manual and possibly remapping the controls to suit them. One person even admitted to "...randomly pressing buttons on their keyboard to see what happens" as a way of learning. Not good there folks! :mad:
I agree. Although the ED training curve is quite high, rigorous & complex it does require vigilance & attention to detail. One's attention to the training videos are a great help in grasping the nuances while playing both the training missions & ingame objectives. After much practice & familiarity with the UI focus and interfaces, you will gain more confidence in your own type of gameplay enough to realize how great and awesome this game is. Kudos & congrats to the Devs, Management & Staff at Frontier. I'm glad I ran into you guys. :)

Last edited:
1. Was the manual too difficult to understand for you?

2. You twerps claim the game is boring? Really?!?! Did you read GalNet? Have you tried participating in CQC? Community events? Tune in to Radio Sidewinder? Common sense suggests that if you get tired of doing any one game activity, do a different one for awhile to break the monotony.

3. Why the bloody hell does it seem that so many of you complainers expect to earn millions of credits your first day?

4. Stations and planets all look alike? Well venture more than 20 light years away from your home base once in awhile will ya please?

1. People in the 21st century are no longer reading manuals for computer games, because they are used to tutorial missions explaining the game to them.

2. People rarely buy games today so they'll be forced to read long text on screen in order to pick up the story. If they wanted to read, they'd buy books or text adventures (are there even any of those left?). Also: Having to look outside the game for entertainment (Radio Sidewinder is an external website, as are the forums) is not a recommendation for the game, either.

3. Because they can, in fact, do that: Sidewinder to Anaconda in 24 hours.

4. How do you venture more than 20 lightyears from your starter system when your Sidewinder is restricted to 6 ly of jump range? Maybe after having learned how to make millions and how to spend them... if the game lets you.

I would say that calling them "Reviewers" is a bit of a stretch. And keep mind that the most vocal are the unhappy. I would also think that today's younger PC gamer's expect to install a new game and have WASD and mouse do what they need. They do not view the many key bind options in ED as an opportunity, but as an annoyance that their very important and busy lives can't be bothered with.

As for the X-box players, I can't speak on the subject. I haven't played on a console sense the PS1.

To OP, don't worry about those folks, they are not the kind of gamer's you want to game with anyway.

My turn for a smokey!;)

LLaP
S1E

I love digging through game reviews on Steam, finding those gems that say, "This game is rubbish - it is boring, and there is nothing to do" (Played for 500 hours).

Those make my day.

Bought Elite Dangerous, instructions unclear, smeared cream on my pc screen and gfx card, now I can not see my game, nor my pc seems to work.

worst game ever!

0/10 do NOT recommend.

how i visualize them anyways, the ones that cant seem to fathom logical sense or self thought and ramble away:
X17puIB.gif

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
No need for generalised platform bashing.

Closing.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom