Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Is there a performance hit or boost using this? I have an ultra powerful GT 1030 but the GFX options don't allow fine grained changes (I hate the waggly jelly comets too).
AFAIK you'll get a boost, because this basically shuts off certain effects. There might be a sliver of overhead since this program hooks into the API calls, but I think that's more than compensated by removing a number of effects. Unlike Reshade, this isn't doing any post-processing.

Just a couple of new screenshots for comparison.

Before:
Before1.jpg

After:
After1.jpg

Before:
Before2.jpg

After:
After2.jpg

NOTE - there are some things like bloom and lens flare that I have turned off in ED's settings, which has nothing to do with this mod.

Can confirm that the black sky effect also removes nebula. Currently just now near coalsack and it's not there, nor others nearby.

Looks good in vr without hud though.

Can confirm that the black sky effect also removes nebula. Currently just now near coalsack and it's not there, nor others nearby.
Thanks for checking this. Did you turn off that one ShaderOverride while leaving the others on? I just want to make sure it's the black sky mod specifically that's removing the nebula.

Feeling a bit stupid here, trying to install this mod. I'm using Oculus so copied the files to the same location where the EDLaunch.exe is located. I tried to rename the file but how do I actually get the extension of .txt to change to .ini? Still reads as a .txt file and didn't see any difference after starting the game- the shaders were active at the start so changes should show up?

Thanks for checking this. Did you turn off that one ShaderOverride while leaving the others on? I just want to make sure it's the black sky mod specifically that's removing the nebula.

Sorry for delay, had a small fuel crisis.

Yep. I've got most off except hud begone and hdr shadows (which I've removed to test now).

However, the coalsack is kinda dark, and with the black sky it is kinda difficult to see...ha ha. I think that the coalsack dark region isn't entirely black, it has light fringes, and that is not there.

Well, I'll travel to witch head and see for sure. Edit : got to within 400ly. No sign of it in black mode.

Last edited:
Feeling a bit stupid here, trying to install this mod. I'm using Oculus so copied the files to the same location where the EDLaunch.exe is located. I tried to rename the file but how do I actually get the extension of .txt to change to .ini? Still reads as a .txt file and didn't see any difference after starting the game- the shaders were active at the start so changes should show up?
My fault, had the file extensions hidden in the exlplorer.

Not getting this to work? This is where I'm loading the files, is this the right location for an Oculus setup? I see the EDLaunch.ext file there? Thanks.

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\frontier-developments-plc-elite-dangerous

Not getting this to work? This is where I'm loading the files, is this the right location for an Oculus setup? I see the EDLaunch.ext file there? Thanks.

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\frontier-developments-plc-elite-dangerous
Needs to be in same directory as EliteDangerous64.exe. For me that's the Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64 subdirectory.

You're amazing Old Duck. You have no idea how MUCH lights in my cockpit annoy me. Would you drive with your cabin light on in your car at night? Why would you do it in space?
Do you think that the update on the 14th might break anything in this mod, would it be advisable to wait a bit?
One more thing: you said that we can pick and choose what we want in this mod. The only things I want are to remove space snow and, obviously, to turn off cockpit lights. However I want to turn space snow off only in supercruise and not normal space. Is that possible?
Thanks.

You're amazing Old Duck. You have no idea how MUCH lights in my cockpit annoy me. Would you drive with your cabin light on in your car at night? Why would you do it in space?
Do you think that the update on the 14th might break anything in this mod, would it be advisable to wait a bit?
One more thing: you said that we can pick and choose what we want in this mod. The only things I want are to remove space snow and, obviously, to turn off cockpit lights. However I want to turn space snow off only in supercruise and not normal space. Is that possible?
Thanks.
It is possible, but you'll need to add the following lines to turn off Supercruise "dust":

Code:
[ShaderOverrideWarp]
 Hash=13c7cd6955a2b95e
 Handling=skip

PSA - The update will likely remove all the 3DMigoto files from the Elite Dangerous directory. All you need to do is reinstall them after the update if this happens. HOWEVER, make sure to back up YOUR d3dx.ini file if you've made any changes to it!

Hey, I'm trying to install it and I'm currently configuring the d3dx file you have uploaded. I'd like to ask, is there a way to keep the flashing red lights and the station lights on or is it "all or nothing"?
Also, what should i do with the 3Dmigoto settings part, leave it as is?
Thanks again.

EDIT: I installed and configured it successfully. Finally my Krait's cockpit is nice and dark. Thanks!

Last edited:
@Hedy - My wife and I just watched "Bombshell", which is a documentary about Hedy Lamarr. What an interesting lady! When I saw that she invented frequency hopping, I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a relatively new technique.

Her best role was in Blazing Saddles...

Hey, I'm trying to install it and I'm currently configuring the d3dx file you have uploaded. I'd like to ask, is there a way to keep the flashing red lights and the station lights on or is it "all or nothing"?
Unfortunately it's all or nothing AFAIK. I was trying to separate the flashing lights from the main lights (those flashing red proximity lights drive me crazy while mining), but apparently that's not an option. The other thing I tried was to bind a key to allow toggling the lights on and off, but I didn't have much luck with this either. There probably is a way, but it's likely more work than I have time for. I figure I can turn off the lights by editing the file if I know I'm going mining or exploring or something.

Top Bottom