Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

I'm pretty sure this would remove ALL ships from the game... I can try, but it won't be right away.
OK thanks anyway. I'd like to point that this request wasn't for any advantage in the game ( you should think the same thing with increasing fov or tweak dust or shades in my opinion). I asked for it because I'm building an home cockpit and having the cockpit inside the screen is really immersion breaking. That is all. Anyway thank you old duck for the kind reply. Keep it up the good work! Cheers

Why are my lens flares gone? Whenever I look at a star from a distance, or a white dwarf, it doesn't have that "squinting horizontal glare" line that comes out from the brightness. I installed the newest version on page 21, and any keys I hit "f1", etc, do not return the flares. It is only when I remove the mod from my directory, that do they come back.

I tried doing it without fiddling with commenting out mods, but even when doing it, nothing I did works. I really hope somebody can help.

I also noticed the absence of lens flares but don't miss them. It makes for a more realistic screenshot.

Still trying to find out how I can toggle the vertical bars bracketing the fire groups on the hud. Anyone?

I kinda of miss them on white dwarfs. Also they look quite realistic tbh, especially considering how the sun from the earth looks.

Old Duck, is there any toggleable way to get the flares back?

I kinda of miss them on white dwarfs. Also they look quite realistic tbh, especially considering how the sun from the earth looks.

Old Duck, is there any toggleable way to get the flares back?
I honestly don't know. Flares are something I turned off long ago in Elite's config file / settings, because my VR lenses give me all the flare I need (and a whole lot more). Remember the disclaimer, this mod is provided "as is".

Although I'm sure alot of us play in VR, many don't. In any case, this mod is amazing and I guess something this small doesn't ruin immersion too much. Although if you do get some deep free time, it would be nice. I am actually a mod developer for aircraft simulation in another game, so I know this probably sucks time out like a black hole. Lens flares do seem like something that could be easily fixed, in any case.

Anyways, thanks.

I also noticed the absence of lens flares but don't miss them. It makes for a more realistic screenshot.

Still trying to find out how I can toggle the vertical bars bracketing the fire groups on the hud. Anyone?
The only hash I know of that removes the fire group frame lines (I called them hardpoint brackets) is 178045604e0b329c and as stated many pages back by OD, that one only works for Combat mode. The hash for Analysis mode still eludes us.

The only hash I know of that removes the fire group frame lines (I called them hardpoint brackets) is 178045604e0b329c and as stated many pages back by OD, that one only works for Combat mode. The hash for Analysis mode still eludes us.
There is no hash exclusively for analysis mode, you need to remove it using advanced techniques. I removed mine using a blank substitute texture, included in my latest update a few pages back. The problem is that the texture / shader hashes change depending on circumstances - quality settings, whether or not you're in VR, etc. It's a real PITA to deal with; the HUD is a unraveled ball of yarn when it comes to UI elements and their rendering shaders.

Is there a way I could go in and enable lens flares? I do have some experience with this stuff so I'd assume it's just a line of code or two.

For example the thick horizontal lines below Comms and Info in the top. I think it's better without those.

For example the thick horizontal lines below Comms and Info in the top. I think it's better without those.
That is very tricky and a lot of work, but not necessarily impossible. Don't take this wrong, but I only invest tons of time in things I want for myself, and this isn't on the list.

There is no hash exclusively for analysis mode, you need to remove it using advanced techniques. I removed mine using a blank substitute texture, included in my latest update a few pages back. The problem is that the texture / shader hashes change depending on circumstances - quality settings, whether or not you're in VR, etc. It's a real PITA to deal with; the HUD is a unraveled ball of yarn when it comes to UI elements and their rendering shaders.
I downloaded the 2 files and had a look. So these replacement sections will black out, cancel/make transparent the brackets? Cool. Going to try it later this evening.

That is very tricky and a lot of work, but not necessarily impossible. Don't take this wrong, but I only invest tons of time in things I want for myself, and this isn't on the list.

It would make the UI a lot better. Because this increases customization possibilities and makes it less cluttered. If you have time, please check if it's possible.

@Old Duck I love the HUD element toggle when approaching systems and planets. It makes it more immersive.

EDIT: I read back to page 41 and spotted the update. Thanks again for your work on these options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom