Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

yeah, I don't wish to get rid of them, I would just like them less in your face. In VR they're just huge thick lines. I guess they were made at a time when VR headsets were pretty low res to make them readable. Times have moved on and now they just get in the way.

Last edited:
Sorry for being thick, I can remove the Combat side lines with this:

; Disable HUD "sidelines". Do these even have a purpose?
[ShaderOverrideUselessHUDLines]
Hash=178045604e0b329c
Handling=skip

But I don't see where to disable the Analysis mode lines. Is there a specific hash for this? Thanks all.
We don't have that one yet. There may not even be a unique hash for the analysis mode "sidelines". From what I remember from earlier in the thread the analysis ones are tied to another, larger shader and so, not as easily disabled. Shame as I enjoy having them removed in combat mode while I flip my hud on, but then having them jump back into action when swapping to analysis mode is jarring. C'est la vie for now, or use OD's full mod. =D He's removed them in there.

We don't have that one yet. There may not even be a unique hash for the analysis mode "sidelines". From what I remember from earlier in the thread the analysis ones are tied to another, larger shader and so, not as easily disabled. Shame as I enjoy having them removed in combat mode while I flip my hud on, but then having them jump back into action when swapping to analysis mode is jarring. C'est la vie for now, or use OD's full mod. =D He's removed them in there.
Yes, you must use my full mod, because analysis lines are not separate shaders. I had to "do some tricks" to get rid of those (I swear the UI shaders were made by a dozen different people all using different techniques), which includes a blank texture, so the only way to get rid of them currently is to use my full mod a few pages back.

OR, alternatively, set up a fire group that does not have your discovery scanner, and the lines will fade away on their own (it's how the game works for whatever reason).

POSSIBLE FIX FOR FLASHING AMBIENT LIGHT

Delete shader number 74820d78ce4aae61 from the ShaderFixes folder (its tweaks are very minor), and I think this will fix the flashing effect. It's a bit tricky to test since it's intermittent, so if someone else can confirm, that would be great.

This is obviously only for those using my latest shaders.

Last edited:
POSSIBLE FIX FOR FLASHING AMBIENT LIGHT

Delete shader number 74820d78ce4aae61 from the ShaderFixes folder (its tweaks are very minor), and I think this will fix the flashing effect. It's a bit tricky to test since it's intermittent, so if someone else can confirm, that would be great.

This is obviously only for those using my latest shaders.
I just wanted to confirm that I've not had any flashing with ambient lighting turned on since removing this shader. I prefer ambient lighting on when mining in ice rings, as it is more realistic, so I've literally spent hours testing this.

Hi all, I didn’t catch the answer to this question in the thread, but: is there a way to disable only the HUD text notifications on the top right?

I am referring to the text that says things like ‘cargo scoop deployed’, ‘gear retracted’, etc.

I know this can apparently be disabled with turning the HUD off entirely, but I am interested to keep some of the other HUD elements turned on.

Hi all, I didn’t catch the answer to this question in the thread, but: is there a way to disable only the HUD text notifications on the top right?
I am referring to the text that says things like ‘cargo scoop deployed’, ‘gear retracted’, etc.
I know this can apparently be disabled with turning the HUD off entirely, but I am interested to keep some of the other HUD elements turned on.
Is this what you are looking for?

No Info.jpg

Notice that the info panel is missing from the upper-left. My latest update (a few pages back buried in this thread) includes code that turns off the info panel as part of removing the analysis mode cruft, but it only works on 2D. In VR the info panel remains, due to VR using different shaders & layers.

One thing I would love to get rid of but apparently can't is these stupid pop-ups that cover the info panel. I absolutely hate this as it blocks useful information, but as you can see from this texture extraction, the message is merged onto the info panel before being sent to the shader as far as I can tell, so I can't separate and remove it. Unless I'm missing something?

000927-ps-t2=30675b81-vs=1cfba63a00c95c15-ps=f6f4895ec35cc873.jpg

Great, thank you @Old Duck. Is the specific code that removes this contained in one of the shader fix files?

Reason for asking is that I’d like to add to my personal settings, rather than take the full new mod and the strip it back to try to get back to how my personal settings are set up currently.

I have added some variants on the way things are turned on and off (toggle for space dust, for example, personalised hud colours from NO2O, etc)

If it’s possible to identify the specific shader, then that would be awesome! Otherwise no problems I can work on redefining the latest version of the mod. Thanks 😊

@Old Duck How to disable your hud colour modifications?
What i want to do is get rid of green details and purple shields

This is current HUD colour (with mod)
Source: https://imgur.com/a/IquBK9C

And this is how it should look like
Source: https://i.imgur.com/SNHJhbL.png

This is matrix of this colour if that helps
<MatrixRed> 1, 0.64, 0.46 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.21, 0.79, 0.41 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> -0.22, -0.1, 0.34 </MatrixBlue>

Last edited:
@Old Duck How to disable your hud colour modifications?
What i want to do is get rid of green details and purple shields

This is current HUD colour (with mod)
Source: https://imgur.com/a/IquBK9C

And this is how it should look like
Source: https://i.imgur.com/SNHJhbL.png

This is matrix of this colour if that helps
<MatrixRed> 1, 0.64, 0.46 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.21, 0.79, 0.41 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> -0.22, -0.1, 0.34 </MatrixBlue>
You'll have to remove any shaders (found in ShaderFixes folder) for objects you don't want my color scheme attached to. Look at the list file to see which shader codes go with which UI elements.

i downloaded this to just try one of the changes out but ended up using a bunch of them because this looks shockingly good in VR :)

Having the ship lights turned off and the hud backdrops removed makes an enormous difference! thank you for providing this to the community :)

Only thing i want to query is the toggle keys - I would like to be able to toggle ships lights for occasional cockpit recording etc but pressing F2 at present doesn't do anytihng. Have i made a mistake during installation?

Only thing i want to query is the toggle keys - I would like to be able to toggle ships lights for occasional cockpit recording etc but pressing F2 at present doesn't do anytihng. Have i made a mistake during installation?
For me personally using plain F keys is flaky at best. Using them with modifiers works just fine. (change no_modifiers fX to e.g. alt fX)

Wow, two solids days reading through these threads and trying out the files. With hindsight, I should have started at the end and worked backwards!!!
Thanks for sharing - getting rid of space dust is a great step.

Wow, two solids days reading through these threads and trying out the files. With hindsight, I should have started at the end and worked backwards!!!
The next rainy day I get, I'll update the OP with the latest files. I'm pretty sure they work well enough to take them out of "beta" now.

They work great for me! Thanks for spending all of that time and letting me get out of Orange Hell as WELL as adding numerous other features that are even more important! (y)

@Old Duck
Hey dude
I noticed you removed the starport haze entry from your mod. That white fog in the starports. It's like a screen overlay. I can't stand it.

If anyone wants to get rid of the haze, add this to the ini file. No other negative effects AFAIA

[StarPortHaze]
Hash=698a0cdaf669a609
Handling=skip

Last edited:
Top Bottom