Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

I added 3Dmigoto today.

I'm now seeing a green overlay:

VS:0/0 PS:0/0 CS:0/0
Stereo disabled

Is there a way to disable this overlay?

The last 2 client upgrades deleted all my 3dmigoto stuff from the ED folder, as well as my edited .ini file. Looks like the upgrade process now purges unknown files!

So, word to the wise, back up your stuff once you have it the way you like it.

Can't imagine why this thread is not pinned to the top of discussion.

I find myself bookmarking it. I'm sure some go thread hunting to find it again.

Two pinned pictures threads, one the best of and one FAQ thread at the top of discussions, but no HUD Mod!

How about it Moderators. This one deserves a pin.

I added 3Dmigoto today.

I'm now seeing a green overlay:

VS:0/0 PS:0/0 CS:0/0
Stereo disabled

Is there a way to disable this overlay?
I get the same thing on my second account (free one from Epic), pops an error saying D3DCOMPILE_47.dll isn't installed and those green texts overlay the game. This doesn't happen on my Steam version. I don't know if there's a particular issue between the two, I just run the second account for my gf so she doesn't use the mod anyway. =]p

I uninstalled the mod and had steam to verify the files then copied the mod files over again with the ini file and it worked without the green text. It worked except the interior ship lights were off and the interior was dark except the panels & sensor. Is there a setting in the ini that can be changed to allow for the ship's interior lights?

This is great, i have been playing around with it and i love it but the problem is it doesn't work in every system.
the skybox will switch back to vanilla in some systems.

Trying to wrap my head around what to do to bring the original color scheme back and still make use of the mod. From what I've read in previous posts I should just be able to remove color matrix entries from graphicsconfiguration.xml file right?

Apologies if this has been asked before (and double apologies if this was by me!) but, in night vision, I'd like to make the lines thinner and more subtle. In the most recent mod, there is this shaderfix file: 0f2b92ba5625c61f-ps_replace

In here, there is this code:

Code:
  // Attenuate "Tron" lines
  // TODO - something more elegant (I'm just experiment at the moment)
  if (o0.a > 0.2) o0.a /= 20;
  else if (o0.a > 0.08) o0.a /= 5;

Can anyone explain exactly how this works?

Many thanks! :)

EDIT: Nevermind, see here, the fantastic Old Duck already replied to this exact question: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/amazingly-realistic-immersion-mod.535240/post-8596047

... and it was me who asked the question! (Shame face: on)

Last edited:
Trying to wrap my head around what to do to bring the original color scheme back and still make use of the mod. From what I've read in previous posts I should just be able to remove color matrix entries from graphicsconfiguration.xml file right?
That and remove any shaders that are related to the HUD.

Sorry for delayed reply, I haven't been doing much with ED lately.

is there a way to get rid of the night vision and have the the planet surface at night be rendered as it was before some stupid on the forum moaning for the lack of realism?

is there a way to get rid of the night vision and have the the planet surface at night be rendered as it was before some stupid on the forum moaning for the lack of realism?
Yes turn off prototype lighting and turn on ambient lighting (covered in detail earlier in this thread).

Q: Will the HUD be customisable? (I.e. different colours for the visually impaired)
The interface won’t be customisable for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey though we will of course be taking feedback on board regarding accessibility.

Q: Can players turn parts, or all of their HUD off?
No, the HUD whilst on foot, will be as essential to getting around as it is in space.
Looks like we'll need to extend this in Odyssey. No HUD customisation is something I find highly disappointing.

I can not for the life of me get any of these to work and im sure its something basic. I followed the install to a "T". Nothing. Game works fine. No mods though :(
Am putting them into my steam directory with the x64 of Elite.

Last edited:
I can not for the life of me get any of these to work and im sure its something basic. I followed the install to a "T". Nothing. Game works fine. No mods though :(
Am putting them into my steam directory with the x64 of Elite.
Wrong folder. See the first post in this thread.

" Extract the file and then copy the CONTENTS of the x64 directory to your elite-dangerous-64 directory (in my case this is found at D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64). "

I could probably do that easily enough, I just never considered any other option than green.
I had a wee chuckle there, imagining you getting more and more customisation requests and thinking geez, just leave it the way it is!

Can you change night vision to cornflower blue with orange accents!?
Cornflower blue won’t be available although we are always looking at what customisation option players would like to see in game mod.

Can you change space dust to pink unicorns!?
Pink unicorns are not currently on our roadmap.

;)

Yes night vision colour can be changed. I had a post way earlier in the thread where I changed to blue. Sorry can’t find it right now though! Think code is at bottom of this shaderfix file: 0f2b92ba5625c61f-ps_replace

Top Bottom