Ambient Animals as Special Effects

I had a thought. People have mentioned before about having butterflies/birds that live freely around the zoo, but that it might prove difficult to implement. What if they were spawned from a special effect item like the waterfalls and foutains?

So, for example, you put down a flower bed, and hide underneath it an effect for butterflies or bees. Or to go even bigger, you could put a special effect in a pond to get a looping school of fish or even a couple of ducks or something. They wouldn't interact with anything, but they'd look nice.

I would absolutely love something like this. Because they already have effects like falling flower petals. So a few loops of small birds or butterflies or bees, or tiny fish... They don't need to be interactive, but they could add so much to the game simply as a special effect.

I would absolutely love something like this. Because they already have effects like falling flower petals. So a few loops of small birds or butterflies or bees, or tiny fish... They don't need to be interactive, but they could add so much to the game simply as a special effect.

Indeed. I was thinking like maybe some koi for an Asian-themed garden and cichlids for a hippo underwater viewing gallery, that kind of thing. It would add a really nice touch.

I would love this, as well.
Back in Rollercoaster Tycoon, simply the fact that sometimes ducks would land and swim around for a bit if you placed water somewhere added so much life. With today's level of technology, the possibilities would be huge.

Also, butterflies would make it possible to build actual butterfly houses. :)

would love to see some fish as ambient critters. Those underwater viewing areas are awfully bland when nothings swimming.

Top Bottom