Amphitheater zoo

Alright, time to start posting about my project: a zoo with an amphitheater layout, and mainly a classical theme.

First screenshot to show the layout
layout.jpg

I worked mainly on the plaza at the entrance for now
plaza.jpg

And here a more detailed view
detail.jpg

Next step is reworking the habitats around the plaza 😊

So I improved a bit the Aldabra tortoises habitat. The habitat has 3 parts: a desert completely private part and a tropical part, separated by a rocky large shelter.
aldabra1.jpg

The shelter is equipped with heaters, food tray, water and bedding for cold seasons since it happens to snow from time to time, and illuminated by dim lights for visitors at night (not that there's anything else than dim lights...).
aldabra 2.jpg

aldabra3.jpg

I would be glad to have some more powerful lighting, but the guest are happy so all's good.

While working on lighting, I started to add more light on the plaza too.
plaza_night.jpg

I'm done with the reworking of the existing habitats around the plaza:
plaza2.jpg

plaza2 detail.jpg

The first reworked habitat is the Chinese Pangolins, with a playful pangolin:
pangolin1.jpgpangolin2.jpgpangolin3.jpg

The second reworked habitat is the Red Pandas and their forest:
red panda 1.jpgred panda 2.jpgred panda 3.jpgred panda 4.jpgred panda 5.jpg

Next step, closing the half circle by finishing the newly set up habitat and adding the 2 missing habitats.

New day, new update, the first ring of habitats is completed 😊

plaza3.jpg

Were added:
  • A Gemsbok habitat
Not much scenery here, since it's, well, arid... but a few nice pictures: a new birth by a stormy night, gemsboks mating and gemsboks living peacefully.
Gemsbok1.jpg Gemsbok2.jpg Gemsbok3.jpg
  • A Bongo habitat
A forest mood for the bongos, with a shelter engulfed in the vegetation. And a nice shot at 2 bongos walking side by side...
bongo1.jpg bongo2.jpg bongo3.jpg bongo4.jpg

• A Galapagos Tortoise habitat
About the same set up as the Aldabra Tortoises, with a tortoise enjoying a cold meal
galapagos1.jpg galapagos2.jpg

And to end the week, the central habitat with peafowl having their lunch and under shelter during a rainy night
peafowl1.jpg peafowl2.jpg

And I finished working on the plaza lighting
plaza4.jpg

I'll make a forced pause next week, so no update before next week end ;)

how did you mange to get circle path like that? been trying to do something simpler but cant get path right
You need to activate Angle Snap for your Path. Then choose a starting Point and it's very easy to make a Circle. The Starting Point will still be straight though, so make sure to delete it at the End and replace it with a new Path Segment so it's looking like the Rest. Can take some Time though to get the Circle Size you want

Top Bottom