An extremely minor annoyance

Would also make sense if, instead of EVERYONE seeing your landing pad selection, only the ship that receives that pad sees it, so you only ever see one active pad. We have a HUD after all. It makes no sense to have cables laying around on the flight deck, then these incandescent looking lights, then holographic landing squares.

Would also make sense if, instead of EVERYONE seeing your landing pad selection, only the ship that receives that pad sees it, so you only ever see one active pad. We have a HUD after all. It makes no sense to have cables laying around on the flight deck, then these incandescent looking lights, then holographic landing squares.

Ah but maybe they light up all the pads that are in use to warn other pilots to steer clear because someone is taking off or landing. I have nearly been hit a couple of times by NPC's coming in for landing at outposts, I think this is useful really.

I thought that for a long time until I stumbled across this Wikipedia article on Moon dust fountains and electrostatic levitation. I guess dust jumping up and away from crater walls could pool into a "dense" layer on the bottom of the crater.

I specifically mentioned the absence of such particulates.

Dust, mist, etc is all fine and consistent with no atmosphere (they aren't gasses propper), but not all landable bodies have them and outposts far from anything certainly don't. Same light cones everywhere, even in hard vacuum, which doesn't make any sense.

Top Bottom